Marathon Weekend 2018

Finally caught up on this thread! I started a new (second) job and got a bit off track running-wise. Now I just have to try to run during a nearly three week vacation. Not the worst problem to have, but I hate running on cruises; too many people on a small track and no YouTube for the treadmill.

For Sunday's question: I want to do each holiday at least once (most probably only once), but Memorial Day is the one I will do many times since my birthday falls on that weekend more often than not. I'm doing MNSSHP on 10/24 this year, though. It's my sister's birthday, so we're flying down for the party and coming back the next day (my new job is with an airline, so we can fly free:banana:).

Happy Sunday everyone!

Today's Sundays are for Disney question:

What is your favorite mode of Disney transportation?

My answer: the WDW Railroad. It is such a nice peaceful grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. I loved trains as a kid so it's also kind of nostalgic. I do love the monorail too but the monorail needs some refurbing.

In general, foot patrol from BCVs to/from Epcot and HS.
Absolutely. I prefer to get anywhere on my own power, and to have that level of control over when to leave and when I'll arrive. I grew up going to WDW so it will always feel like my home park, but Disneyland now has the edge for me due to its affordable off-site hotels within walking distance of the parks and race start area. I simply can't afford the Contemporary or Boardwalk area for similar levels of convenience.

Sunday Question:

The vehicles for Splash Mountain, followed closely by all the other attraction vehicles. In the end it doesn't seem that I've gone very far, but I've certainly enjoyed the ride.

I used to really enjoy the boat ride from POR to Disney Springs, but it has become very time consuming. I like the existence of Disney Transportation, but it can be incredibly frustrating if you want to get anywhere in under an hour.

ATTQOTD: Boat from POFQ to DS and back. When I get on, I always think 'what a boring job to be the captain of one of these.' By the end of the ride, I realize it is my dream job.

2nd place is the monorail, since it has been a constant since my first visit to DW. I have a co-pilot license from back in the days when you could ride in the cockpit.

It's been a long time but I finally caught up on this thread (kind of, def skipped a lot!). My answer to the question is definitely any and all boats!

Also, don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but y'all seem like nice people so here goes: My training plan for the half starts this week, and I'm just wondering how you guys deal with intervals on the treadmill? I prefer to run outside, but with the weather like it is I may be forced indoors. I'm definitely not good enough to run 30 minutes straight through, but I also don't want to have to run circles on the indoor track if I can help it. Thanks!

It's been a long time but I finally caught up on this thread (kind of, def skipped a lot!). My answer to the question is definitely any and all boats!

Also, don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but y'all seem like nice people so here goes: My training plan for the half starts this week, and I'm just wondering how you guys deal with intervals on the treadmill? I prefer to run outside, but with the weather like it is I may be forced indoors. I'm definitely not good enough to run 30 minutes straight through, but I also don't want to have to run circles on the indoor track if I can help it. Thanks!
The speed button becomes your friend :)

I try to run longer when running on a treadmill. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I'll run for like 5 minutes then walk for 30 seconds.

Not counting rides, my favorite modes of transportation are the boat from POR to Disney Springs and the monorail.

Honorable Mention goes to the Disney Express from the airport to our hotel. I love the sense of anticipation I get once I'm on the bus.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Today's Sundays are for Disney question:

What is your favorite mode of Disney transportation?

My answer: the WDW Railroad. It is such a nice peaceful grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. I loved trains as a kid so it's also kind of nostalgic. I do love the monorail too but the monorail needs some refurbing.
Walking. I love staying At the Epcot resorts with the ability to walk into two parks. I take the buses when I need to get to the other places but there is nothing like the power of my own two feet!

Well my Dads changing projects so I'm now back to flying out of Denver. Bad news: The flight is ridiculously late. Good news: Dad listened to my complaint about my original flight and now I'm flying in rediculously late on the 1st. I am gaining a full day in Florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter