Marathon Weekend 2018

Happy Sunday!

Sundays of course are for Disney.

Today's question: the holidays are quickly coming up and Disney is already celebrating Halloween. If you could spend one holiday at Disney what would it be?

I did NYE last year. Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Osborne Lights , and then finished with fireworks viewing from the Contemporary Resort. This year doing early Halloween in 2 weeks.

Happy Sunday!

Today's question: the holidays are quickly coming up and Disney is already celebrating Halloween. If you could spend one holiday at Disney what would it be?
I had my perfect Disney holiday last year aboard the Disney Dream -- we even ran the CC 5k on Christmas Eve! I loved having someone else do the holiday cooking and cleaning, I didn't feel the need to over-decorate the house, there was no drama from extended family, and I got to spend quality time with the three people I love the most.

However, my boys are 14 and 16 and are "over" Disney cruises (which I love! and are DH's only way he'll do Disney). Sigh.

I had to make that decision in real life: we used to spend the week before Christmas at WDW, but I can't afford the AP with no blockouts under the new AP system, so that went away, and we used to spend every Halloween at MNSSHP, but I've been priced out of that, so it's gone, too. So now it's down to July 4th as our only holiday at WDW... but it would be my first choice, regardless!

Got the flight from DC moved to the morning. Now trying to figure out grocery logistics.

Turns out the Denver flight was booked because it was 200 dollars less then the other flights. And because of Southwests new policy where you can't have flights booked to close together (that could spell trouble later for a lot of reasons not just because we aren't sure where I'll be flying out of) that reservation got cancelled. So in the end I won't be on that flight.

Also anyone know if you can store groceries that need to be refrigerated at bell services if you don't have a room yet?

I'm going to cheat a little and say Valentine's Day.

I'm a grumpy old man and therefore dislike crowds, but most importantly it's my BIRTHDAY!

Not to mention it's the coldest time of the year, so heading south is good.

I second Valentine's Day. It's the one holiday we don't have any long-standing traditions (besides eating heart shaped pizza). Plus, it's always nice to head south during the winter.

I've spent too many brain cycles thinking about this recently. I love seeing Disney decorated for Christmas. I especially like hanging out at wilderness lodge or the grandfloridian when they have their decorations up. I really like the GrandFlo at Easter too. I'd like to visit Disney a week before Christmas so that I can celebrate there, but then still celebrate at home with family on the actual holiday.

Happy Sunday!

With all of this Halloween talk it has me dreaming of spending Halloween at Disney and trick or treating! Although there is a small part of me that's dying to go to Disneyland for Halloween this year because of the update to GOTG: MB with poor baby Groot getting lost. From Canada it's not as easy to get to the parks so that's out of the question this year. I think I'd love to spend NYE at Disney. I think there would be something magical about being in my favorite place to start a new year! Really, anytime I can go to Disney is special but having been at WDW for my birthday and DL during Christmas season (but not on Christmas), I'd love to be there for Halloween. I love fall! I guess long story short.. every holiday?

To follow up on my post to the Sunday question, I am now going to MNSSHP (I think I've got the acronym right) on Sept. 15th. I'm super excited. Going to be a whirlwind trip, but planning to stop by Pandora and make a cursory visit to some Food and Wine booths in the morning/lunch before heading to the Party. So many firsts happening on this trip, only wish I could have found a way to stay longer.

Going to the party with my niece and nephew, but don't think I'm going to dress up. It's likely to be too hot. I have entertained the notion of a 90's era Baywatch costume, but I'm not sure if that's Disney enough to make it worth doing.

To follow up on my post to the Sunday question, I am now going to MNSSHP (I think I've got the acronym right) on Sept. 15th. I'm super excited. Going to be a whirlwind trip, but planning to stop by Pandora and make a cursory visit to some Food and Wine booths in the morning/lunch before heading to the Party. So many firsts happening on this trip, only wish I could have found a way to stay longer.

Going to the party with my niece and nephew, but don't think I'm going to dress up. It's likely to be too hot. I have entertained the notion of a 90's era Baywatch costume, but I'm not sure if that's Disney enough to make it worth doing.
DH and I are going to the party on the 10th of Sept and we're going as balloon "ladies". We both have Mickey and Minnie costumes from a previous race and we'll wear an old rD Halloween 5k bib. We'll just have to buy the balloons once we get there. I figured this will be really easy to pull off and most importantly not too hot.

Hello all! I hope this is an appropriate question to ask here. I know POT is coming due soon for the Marathon in January. I did not submit my POT with my registration. I know you can submit either a 10 miler or a half marathon. I have a half marathon time of 2:44:03 that I can use; but I am also signed up for a 10 miler this weekend. I'm anticipating roughly 2 hours for the 10-miler. What POT would you all submit for best corral placement, a faster 10 miler pace or a slower (but under 2:45, albeit barely) half marathon time? Thanks in advance for any guidance! I have found this thread so helpful in my WDW Marathon trip planning!

Hello all! I hope this is an appropriate question to ask here. I know POT is coming due soon for the Marathon in January. I did not submit my POT with my registration. I know you can submit either a 10 miler or a half marathon. I have a half marathon time of 2:44:03 that I can use; but I am also signed up for a 10 miler this weekend. I'm anticipating roughly 2 hours for the 10-miler. What POT would you all submit for best corral placement, a faster 10 miler pace or a slower (but under 2:45, albeit barely) half marathon time? Thanks in advance for any guidance! I have found this thread so helpful in my WDW Marathon trip planning!

Whatever has the lowest average pace - so the 2:00 10-miler. RunDisney uses a calculator similar to McMillan, so you're basically rewarded for running a shorter distance faster with PoT/corrals.

I sure am! Are you running it as well? I know very little about the race, but looking forward to the Godiva chocolate at the end :)
Yup! It was the only 10 miler I could find in FL before the POT deadline but I have heard from other runners that it is a good race. It sounds like we have similar goals, I'll be going for 1:57 to squeak under the 5:30 POT cut off. And I am very much looking forward to the Godiva Chocolates!!

Yup! It was the only 10 miler I could find in FL before the POT deadline but I have heard from other runners that it is a good race. It sounds like we have similar goals, I'll be going for 1:57 to squeak under the 5:30 POT cut off. And I am very much looking forward to the Godiva Chocolates!!

Glad to hear the positive feedback about the race; best of luck to you on Saturday! Hope it's not deathly hot!

DH and I are going to the party on the 10th of Sept and we're going as balloon "ladies". We both have Mickey and Minnie costumes from a previous race and we'll wear an old rD Halloween 5k bib. We'll just have to buy the balloons once we get there. I figured this will be really easy to pull off and most importantly not too hot.

That's a damn scary costume to runDisney folk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter