Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume the cash stays will also be the highest cash rates in all the land...err...world.

We bought resale in 2022, first visit in August 2023. Our (not so) secret tip: book lake view. We loved it. No crowded beaches and we could see the fireworks from our room. Our next visit will be four more nights in a lake view in June. Sorry, I just can’t stand the beach crowds (everyone thinks you’re cutting on your way to just get to Capt. Cook’s) when I can be in my room on the balcony. Thankfully our boys liked the Oasis Pool as much as the Lava Pool. Spent a ton of time at Oasis. Still love the resort and the overall vibe. Super happy that the DVC longhouses are near the the TTC.

Or better yet: stay standard and have a friend with a lake view. We are providing some friends with standard rooms when we have a lake view this June. We’ll let them come visit for the fireworks.

Here are pics some from our room (2030):

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
We recently stayed at PVB - it felt crowded throughout the day with many day Guests dining at one of the restaurants, drinking at one of the bars, buying a Dole Whip, or simply stopping by.

The Lava pool was crowded - it was difficult finding seats.

I suspect it will get worse once the tower opens.
Ya, I'm just now thinking of all the Poly owners that will end up hating the new crowd levels at their home resort. Buying in never thinking Disney would do such.

We bought resale in 2022, first visit in August 2023. Our (not so) secret tip: book lake view. We loved it. No crowded beaches and we could see the fireworks from our room. Our next visit will be four more nights in a lake view in June. Sorry, I just can’t stand the beach crowds (everyone thinks you’re cutting on your way to just get to Capt. Cook’s) when I can be in my room on the balcony. Thankfully our boys liked the Oasis Pool as much as the Lava Pool. Spent a ton of time at Oasis. Still love the resort and the overall vibe. Super happy that the DVC longhouses are near the the TTC.

Or better yet: stay standard and have a friend with a lake view. We are providing some friends with standard rooms when we have a lake view this June. We’ll let them come visit for the fireworks.

Gorgeous pictures, lovely view. In my case, I dream of being a DVC tycoon who can stay exclusively in bungalows (when visiting the MK area) so I’m worried that if I stayed in 2030 I would be afflicted by a combination of envy and addonitis. 🤣

This is why we have a fixed week lake view.

We stayed at Poly for the first time in May in a Lake View with our 9 month old. Every single night that trip we put him to bed in the pack and play in the half bath and we watched the fireworks from the balcony. We knew he would never make it that late to see any fireworks at the parks, so this was a pretty awesome alternative. It was such a fun trip and you're right, the quick walk to the TTC was great. Can't wait to our next trip end of April next year!

100% agree on LV - we have 5 nights coming up after Thanksgiving 🎄

When considering the overcrowded transportation, keep in mind that Disney has cut off the access that Shades of Green guests used to have. I've seen many reports online of them bemoaning that fact that they can no longer walk to the Poly and catch the monorail from there. I don't know how much traffic they added overall, because I have no idea how big Shades of Green is. But they no longer have access.

When considering the overcrowded transportation, keep in mind that Disney has cut off the access that Shades of Green guests used to have. I've seen many reports online of them bemoaning that fact that they can no longer walk to the Poly and catch the monorail from there. I don't know how much traffic they added overall, because I have no idea how big Shades of Green is. But they no longer have access.
Interesting. Didn't know that. The monorail could become use for monorail resort guest only?

Not likely - how else are other guests going to get to ‘Ohana? (Or any of the other restaurants and revenue-producing options like fireworks cruises that are based at the monorail resorts)
@Nabas nailed it. A thumbs up. They can hitch a ride if they can get a car to stop and give them a ride. 🤣

Not likely - how else are other guests going to get to ‘Ohana? (Or any of the other restaurants and revenue-producing options like fireworks cruises that are based at the monorail resorts)
I don’t know what they will do about the monorail, but over at DLR, they have a security gate entrance at VGC and you can’t come in (it’s a convenient cut through but also with dining, shopping, bars) unless you can show your guest reservation or ADR. They could do something like that with the monorail access if they wanted.

I don’t know what they will do about the monorail, but over at DLR, they have a security gate entrance at VGC and you can’t come in (it’s a convenient cut through but also with dining, shopping, bars) unless you can show your guest reservation or ADR. They could do something like that with the monorail access if they wanted.
I feel like it will, one day, be a very reserved resort, with outsiders/visitors being left out. But it will be choppy and inconsistent until it’s realized.

We wanted resale, and the monorail was the main factor for which resort we bought, but this new tower seems less the savior (room selection) I thought it would be every day since buying resale (and I was indifferent when I bought). I love the Lake View studio, but I’m happy at other resorts.

Last edited:
I’m not sure whether SoG guests are specifically being cut off here for Disney Transportation use, because they’re also actively extending the expanded Floridian Way in front of Poly / SoG. I think there’s just going to be a period of construction time where a crossing would not be practical anyway.

Whether they bring one back afterwards… idk. I guess I could look at the roadway plans they’ve filed again.

I was park hopping from DHS to AK recently and witnessed someone, while we were waiting for the Disney AK bus, try and get on a Shades of Green bus with AK as the next destination after DHS. It just happened to pull up across the aisle. They were turned away by the driver of the SoG bus. So I guess SoG might not take non-SoG guests on their independent transportation setup.

Thanks for sharing! Makes me so excited for our trip next month. We plan on balcony fireworks as well.

My dream is that skyliner expansion is announced after Poly2 opens active sales. I’m usually wrong lol but never know.

This is why we have a fixed week lake view.
Love it! Great move I say. We’re entertaining similar depending how Poly2 goes.

We paid $21pp rental for home resort priority on 4 nights Lakeview before Christmas, which did not have 7 month availability. Ended up being $500/nt and if we could’ve used our own points closer to $350 (rack rate is $1400/nt lol and best WDW offer was $1100). Totally worth it to us. Our other nights are $300/nt BW View helping to keep room budget in check.

For those who haven’t seen it in person, the best vista to see the progress is the Poly boat launch!

F1DDC4CD-4A81-4322-87C4-04BBA7BFC17E.jpeg

You could probably see a lot more with a proper camera lens rather than an iPhone mini. I definitely agree with previous speculation that 9th & 10th floors are looking GV-only.

That’s a lot of “lake view” rooms at least! And they do appear to be working away at it. All those lights were still on at 11pm after MK close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter