Keeping Ukraine in our thoughts and prayers here

Yes, the Russians are vile butchers.

Putin's regime is guilty of crimes against humanity, and this is nothing limited to Ukraine. To name just one I cite the Kursk tragedy. Maybe the fate of the Kursk was sealed when she set sail with experimental torpedoes, but the response of the Kremlin was despicable. They lied, dragged their heals and effectively sealed the fate of the men on board. We know some sailors survived the explosion - they even had time to write notes to their loved ones. But Russia refused all foreign help in the name of military secrets and as such any hope of getting those soldiers out alive was sealed. They lied all the time. They said that they had oxygen supplies linked, that they had access to the submarine, and so on, when in fact they had no link to the sub at all. And when they allowed Dutch divers down there to help, the Dutch team broke the seals to the emergency hatches in hours - only to find dead men inside. No oxygen link, nothing. And when they brought the sailors up, the notes were confiscated by the heroic Kremlin and classified. There was footage on the news of a sobbing mother, having a needle jammed in her neck by State doctors to subdue her. As far as I'm aware, those letters are still State Secrets, as is the wreck of the Kursk.

Disgusting.

I think we've collectively forgotten what war looks like.
I would disagree with that statement. I think the look of war, along with its atrocities, is, at the very least, part of the reason for the existence of this thread from PnM. Thankfully, I think we have not collectively forgotten, but rather have collectively recalled and recoiled at the atrocities of war. My opinion.

Putin has proved time and time again he is evil.
I’m a little ashamed to say that I am not keeping up with what is going on in Ukraine. It’s so hard to read about and see the atrocities that are allowed to continue to happen.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Ukrainian people but little good they do.

Heard a Russian say it is the US fault for providing weapons. I see the Russian future similar to North Korea, no one will want to deal with them for years

Every day I wake up and log on to a host of news sites, hoping beyond hope to see a headline announcing that the war is over, or even for a shred of good news...... but the reports seem to worsen each day. I can't believe this is happening in our modern world. Have we learnt nothing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter