Keeping an eye on Tropical Weather 2024

I get it. If I had a Disneyworld trip planned that I have been waiting a year for etc, I would probably be thinking the same way.
Yes, I get it to. It sucks. This is a possibility anytime you plan a trip in hurricane season. But people need to be realistic as well.

It doesn’t help that Disney hasn’t announced anything about closures even though everyone knows it’s happening. Just rip the bandaid and let people know for sure. Universal and Seaworld announced.

The AMC theaters at Disney Springs have apparently marked movies as “sold out” on Wednesday & Thursday and Friday until 12:30pm. So that’s *probably* a clue as to what is going on. Hopefully WDW makes an announcement soon.

Is anyone else scheduled to get to WDW in the next few days? We're scheduled to fly in mid-day on Thursday
We were also scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I moved our flight to Friday, but know that might not happen.

MCO will be closed for commercial flights but will remain open for emergency and aid. Because of this, I am hoping they will be able to open on Friday once Milton has moved out. If that happens, airlines will be eager to get their planes in to fill the flights waiting to go out. Now transport & road conditions from MCO to WDW are another concern.

Fully agree. I don’t know if it’s wishful thinking or just really not understanding the situation. It seems like people are thinking that the hurricane will arrive Thursday, be done Thursday night, everyone will pick up some sticks and leaves that fell, power will be fine, airport will reopen at 8 am Friday so my 10 am flight will be just fine.
Well, I think in my comment I did say the I expect to be delayed on Friday. So, I would say that is a realistic expectation.

We were also scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I moved our flight to Friday, but know that might not happen.

MCO will be closed for commercial flights but will remain open for emergency and aid. Because of this, I am hoping they will be able to open on Friday once Milton has moved out. If that happens, airlines will be eager to get their planes in to fill the flights waiting to go out. Now transport & road conditions from MCO to WDW are another concern.
We have done the same. Originally scheduled to fly in 10/10, moved to mid-day 10/11. Fully realize this could go either way and thankful for Disney's flexible cancellation policy which gives us time to wait and see a little longer.

I don’t think it has been officially announced but supposedly:

DAK and DHS close at 1pm
MK EPCOT and Springs 2pm

eta: this is for tomorrow

“Effective immediately, they will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences.

Pre-paid bookable experiences will be automatically refunded within 7 to 10 business days.”

Little more south on the latest. Remember though, its like a windshield wiper affect so don't get too caught up in the difference. I hope it goes more south, but I hate saying that, because it still is going to hit someone. Also going more south will not change any affects regarding airports etc . Those bands are big on the north side of the storm.
462450777_1099197178235876_3659990911996958406_n.jpg

Is anyone else scheduled to get to WDW in the next few days? We're scheduled to fly in mid-day on Thursday (I think there's a good chance that won't happen as planned). We talked about trying to push our plans back a couple days, but then we would get into the issue of trying to add a couple days at the other end. At least we weren't planning to hit the parks until Friday afternoon (Animal Kingdom). As of now, we're still thinking we'll head out Thursday morning, fly as far as Austin, TX, where we change to the plane that supposedly going to take us to WDW. Anyone else?
Just a note that Austin is full right now for ACL Fest. If you end up needing hotel accommodations they will be scarce.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest