JustEmmy and Emmysmommy return to WDW for some wining and dining

Em,

I am so in. I just know you got some of your mom's genes and after all your trips, you know just where you want to eat and what you like. Go with that and I will definitely be following along. Can't wait!!! :thumbsup2

Joining in! Can't wait to hear of your plans. I hope you keep San Angel Inn. I've always wanted to eat there!

Joining in on the fun!

I have read all of your mom's DR & TR so I am looking forward to hearing about all of your dining adventures on your trip next month.

I need to stay at AK just for the reason you guys are -- the food! Jiko, Boma (bkfst) and Sanaa are all on my "to do" list someday.

I wish I could give you some positive vibes for San Angel. We ate there on Dec 28, and...well...the Tlacoyos de Chilorio app and the Dulce de Leche were the only real highlights (other than the ambiance of the restraunt).

Hey Emily - I'm definitely in! :thumbsup2

You did an awesome job with the planning - it's great that you're trying so many new places. I'm especially interested in hearing your thoughts on Jiko, Be Our Guest, and Narcoossee's. I've had very good experiences at all these places recently, as well as some good food at Raglan Road (the bread pudding was delicious, and my mom loves their ribs). :goodvibes My San Angel Inn experience was mixed - sorry I can't reassure you there.

While I'm sad that I probably won't get to have a meal with you guys at Cosmic Ray's this time, it'll still be fun to follow along here (and on Instagram)! :)

Hi there DDW! I'm so glad you're joining in. :teeth:

My mom has been telling me that Jiko is one of your favorites, so I'm very interested. As far as Raglan Road is concerned, I've never been a huge fan of bread pudding, but I've always wanted to find one that's phenomenal. Maybe theirs could be the one! I'm definitely a little scared to try San Angel Inn, but if my hesitation gets the best of me, my mom and I have been talking about trying out Cantina de San Angel instead. We'll see!

I'm excited to hear that you'll be following along on instagram as well! I'll probably be using that quite a bit during the trip.

I am excited to read your reviews, JustEmmy! Definitely get some bread pudding at Raglan Road...

Thanks for the suggestion, Roma! I'm interested :)

Hi Em! I am definitely on. Andrew and I are going for a long weekend on March 22nd so you trip will be the perfect thing to get us ready! Interested in your take on San Angel as that has been on our "never again" list for years. We loved Narcoossees! It was the pleasant surprise of our summer trip!

Hi Vicki! I'm excited to hear about your upcoming trip with Andrew. I'll definitely try to finish a report before then. After hearing all of the different opinions, I'm a little more tempted to try San Angel just to roll the dice a bit. Was it the service or the food or both that was poor during your experience?

Hey Emmy! I met your family in August and I'm so excited to read about a new trip! Your family is awesome! :goodvibes

Hey Kristen! Thanks so much. And I was so excited to see you start following along on instagram! :goodvibes

fun my daughter and I are doing a mom daughter weekend some of the days you are there and eating at some of the same places...

How neat! If you see us, feel free to say hello. On our last trip, we met a lot of people from the disboards, and it's such a fun experience. :)

Signing on! We'll be there for a few of the days y'all are going!

Great! Maybe we'll run into each other! :goodvibes Thanks for signing on. :)

Em,

I am so in. I just know you got some of your mom's genes and after all your trips, you know just where you want to eat and what you like. Go with that and I will definitely be following along. Can't wait!!! :thumbsup2

Hey there Karla! Thanks for the encouragement. A few years ago, I never would have been able to plan something like this, but my mom has taught me well. haha ;)

Joining in! Can't wait to hear of your plans. I hope you keep San Angel Inn. I've always wanted to eat there!

Hi KristinAnne. Thanks for joining in. I'm definitely leaning towards keeping San Angel Inn. I'm probably just as curious as you are! :)

Joining in on the fun!

I have read all of your mom's DR & TR so I am looking forward to hearing about all of your dining adventures on your trip next month.

I need to stay at AK just for the reason you guys are -- the food! Jiko, Boma (bkfst) and Sanaa are all on my "to do" list someday.

I wish I could give you some positive vibes for San Angel. We ate there on Dec 28, and...well...the Tlacoyos de Chilorio app and the Dulce de Leche were the only real highlights (other than the ambiance of the restraunt).

Thanks for joining in!

I'm definitely excited for our stay at AKL. My mom has been talking about staying over there to really have a full experience of that area of the resort for a while. Because of it's location, it's always been so inconvenient, but now we'll be able to do more in the park and try some new eats!

Yikes! I'm a little nervous. I'd still like to try it just for the sake of trying it. If nothing else, the ambience is pretty neat. :)

Joining in!! Sounds like fun as always :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in! I'm hoping that my plans materialize as well as my mom's have in the past. ;)

I can't wait for your trip! This will be so much fun to read!

Thanks so much! I'm glad to hear that you're excited. I'll make sure to stay on top of my review. :)

Hi Emily! This will be fun :)

I will definitely add you on instagram!

Hi there, Rachel. Thanks for following on instagram. It'll be a fun way to keep disboarders updated. I just wish I'd started this sooner!

Following along! And I just followed you on Instagram :)

Thanks alliebelle! I hope you enjoy my instagram page. If I can find yours, I'll make sure to follow you too. :)

Wonderful start!
Can't wait for more!! :thumbsup2

Thank you, tallen429. I'll be adding more on to my report soon. :)

Joining in! I look forward to hearing about your trip!

Thanks! :)

Joining in.

Thanks. :)

Joining in! I followed your Mom's last dining TR and looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trip!:goodvibes

Thanks LittleStinkerbelle. I hope I can deliver a report somewhere near the same level as my mom. :)

Count me in! :wave2:

I can't wait to read all about it! :cool1:

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Haha love the choice of smilies, MiaBella05. Thank you. :)

Joining in! I've been following your mom's TR and DR, looking forward to your reviews. I'm a little bit jealous that you get to go again so soon!

Thank you. I feel very blessed to be able to do these special trips with my mom. :)

:hyper: Can't wait to hear about your plans! And I just started following you on Instagram! :wave2:

Thanks!

I'm in! I've followed your mom's past dining reviews and can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip!

Thank you. I hope you enjoy my report. :)

I'm in! Been following your mom's report and.can't wait to read yours!

Thanks so much. :)

Hi Vicki! I'm excited to hear about your upcoming trip with Andrew. I'll definitely try to finish a report before then. After hearing all of the different opinions, I'm a little more tempted to try San Angel just to roll the dice a bit. Was it the service or the food or both that was poor during your experience?

Hi again, Em! :wave2: It was both for us. We have eaten at San Angel twice ... once for dinner in either 2005 or 2006 and once for lunch in 2008 so it has been a while. I think the service both times was some of the worst we have had at Disney. I will say that we did love the Tortilla Soup in 2008 but everything else just just 'meh. Course that was going on 5 years ago now so I really want to think that things are better. It is such a pretty restaurant. If you have a good experience, maybe we'll give it another try in August. In March I think we are going to stick with La Hacienda! (Andrew choice for our EPCOT dinner)

I'm definitely joining in! I've long been a fan of your Mom's dining and trip reports and have enjoyed reading about your mother/daughter trips. You've got a wonderful line-up planned and I'm especially interested in hearing your impressions of Jiko and Narcoosee's. My sister and I are returning for a girl's only trip this fall, and we've decided to give the DxDP a try this time around. Those two signatures are on our short list. ;) My family have dined at San Angel Inn twice, and both times were OK, but didn't really "wow" us. I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion if you decide to try it. :thumbsup2

Cant wait!!

Hey there Emily, I have been staying away from the dining boards recently (trying to stick to a diet is difficult when reading food reviews ;)) however I couldn't resist a peek to see if your Mum had started a pre-dining trippy yet. I was surprised (and pleased) to see that you are taking over the reins for this trip, you go girl :thumbsup2

Out of the places you are trying on this trip, the only one we have been to (a few times) is Raglan Road. The fish and chips there are very nice (I know your Mom won't try them but thought maybe you might) as is Kevin's Heavenly Ham. Gary had the Shepherd's Pie on one trip but it tasted a bit odd to him (maybe because it was very different to the Shepherd's Pie I make at home). My absolute all-time favourite dessert at RR is the Dunbrody Kiss but Sian (my DD) swears by the strawberry and apple crumble.

Hope you both have a fabulous time at Disney World and I look forward to catching up with your Mum and Dad a couple of weeks later and hearing all about your adventures.

Oh, and :bday: I hope you're having a wonderful day :hug:

Joh you are so sweet Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to celebrating your big day with you later in August!!!! (Where's my dancing banana dude when I need him??) Found him....>>>> :banana:

:cake: Happy Birthday Emmy!!

Hi again, Em! :wave2: It was both for us. We have eaten at San Angel twice ... once for dinner in either 2005 or 2006 and once for lunch in 2008 so it has been a while. I think the service both times was some of the worst we have had at Disney. I will say that we did love the Tortilla Soup in 2008 but everything else just just 'meh. Course that was going on 5 years ago now so I really want to think that things are better. It is such a pretty restaurant. If you have a good experience, maybe we'll give it another try in August. In March I think we are going to stick with La Hacienda! (Andrew choice for our EPCOT dinner)

Ouch! That sounds pretty bad. When we went to WDW for the first time in 2006, we couldn't even get in without a reservation, but I guess we can look back and be grateful. haha ;) I'm still so tempted to try it, but I'm definitely nervous. We'll just have to see about this one. We may switch it out for Marrakesh or head over to DHS for Mama Melrose.

I'm definitely joining in! I've long been a fan of your Mom's dining and trip reports and have enjoyed reading about your mother/daughter trips. You've got a wonderful line-up planned and I'm especially interested in hearing your impressions of Jiko and Narcoosee's. My sister and I are returning for a girl's only trip this fall, and we've decided to give the DxDP a try this time around. Those two signatures are on our short list. ;) My family have dined at San Angel Inn twice, and both times were OK, but didn't really "wow" us. I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion if you decide to try it. :thumbsup2

Cant wait!!

Thanks so much! I'm definitely interested in Jiko. It'll be interesting to find out how authentic they are. Good luck with the DxDP! It's definitely a lot of food. You'll never be hungry on your trip. ;)

Hey there Emily, I have been staying away from the dining boards recently (trying to stick to a diet is difficult when reading food reviews ;)) however I couldn't resist a peek to see if your Mum had started a pre-dining trippy yet. I was surprised (and pleased) to see that you are taking over the reins for this trip, you go girl :thumbsup2

Out of the places you are trying on this trip, the only one we have been to (a few times) is Raglan Road. The fish and chips there are very nice (I know your Mom won't try them but thought maybe you might) as is Kevin's Heavenly Ham. Gary had the Shepherd's Pie on one trip but it tasted a bit odd to him (maybe because it was very different to the Shepherd's Pie I make at home). My absolute all-time favourite dessert at RR is the Dunbrody Kiss but Sian (my DD) swears by the strawberry and apple crumble.

Hope you both have a fabulous time at Disney World and I look forward to catching up with your Mum and Dad a couple of weeks later and hearing all about your adventures.

Oh, and :bday: I hope you're having a wonderful day :hug:

Hi Joh! Thanks for your encouragement. :) I'm definitely excited for Raglan Road. Lately, I've been having quite the appetite for fish, so the fish and chips are certainly a possibility. I feel like I've asked you this already, but what kind of fish is typically used for fish and chips? Also, what's in the Dunbrody Kiss?

Thanks for the birthday wishes! xoxo :hug:

Joining the fun :cool1:

Joining in! Love hearing about you and your mom's trips.

Aww! Thanks so much starousse! :goodvibes

I think it is great you are following in your Mom's shoes doing a dining review. I will definitely be reading!

Thanks Smiling Chesfhire Cat! My mom has definitely been training me these last few years. ;)

I'm definitely excited for Raglan Road. Lately, I've been having quite the appetite for fish, so the fish and chips are certainly a possibility. I feel like I've asked you this already, but what kind of fish is typically used for fish and chips? Also, what's in the Dunbrody Kiss?

Hey Emmy, yes we've had the conversation about 'fish and chips'. Typically, it is cod that is used for fish and chips but sometimes it's another white fish called Coley (and occasionally haddock). I am 99% certain they use cod for the fish and chips at Raglan Road. It is a fairly mild, flaky white fish.

The Dunbrody Kiss is like a crispy base (I think it has cornflakes in it) with a rich chocolate mousse domed topping. It is very rich and very delicious.

Joining in! We plan to be there the same time as you & your Mom. Hope we run into you two! It would be like a DIS celebrity sighting!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter