Just wondering what was the year you first went to disneyworld?

March 1978 with my parents and sisters. My parents bought admission, and then spent a good portion of the day in the bar at the top of the Contemporary.

January 2003 when I was 21 years old. We actually would have gone in 1997 but after seeing advertisements of that pink cake castle I said NO I will wait until after that thing is gone. I didn’t want my first (and possibly only) time at the Magic Kingdom to be tainted by only being able to see that ugly thing and not the REAL Cinderella Castle.

First trip to Disneyland was sometime in the summer of 1984 when I was 3. Donald’s big 50th birthday celebration was going on! Remember when they used to actually make a big deal about the characters’ milestone birthdays? Now they come and go with barely a whisper.

End of July 1977, I was I guess 15. Was going to be 1976 but FW was already booked up 7 months in advance.

We never before had to make campground reservations that far ahead and a site was an unheard of $22 a night.:scared1:

Last edited:

1964 - I was two
My parents had friends who lived near Disneyland
I remember nothing :rotfl2:

First trip to wdw was September 1988 I was just shy of 6 then again at 1995 and then 2000, since 2000 wee have gone more times than I can recall anymore. Next trip in September 2018 for my son's second trip to celebrate his 2nd birthday !

April 1, 1975, which was my 14th birthday. We stayed at the Contemporary for two nights. Had dinner in the castle at MK. I think it was called King Stefan's Banquet Hall at the time. My father arranged for Minnie Mouse to bring me a birthday cupcake.

First and last rides were Space Mountain, which had recently opened.

1990 and we just visited Epcot. It was a day trip as we were staying over by Clearwater.

1982, my son was just shy of 3. My parents had a house in Clearwater Beach so they had annual passes. We were visiting so Mama treated my brother, my son and I to a 4 day trip. We stayed at what is now Shades of Green, it wasn't a military resort back then. My son and I went every other year after that until about 5 years ago, when I started going once a year. About 3 years a go my son started going at least once a year and I've been going at least twice a year.

February 1974. At that point in time, I worked in a factory, and had just been laid off. Another guy who I was dating at the time, also got laid off.

So we decided it would be a good idea to go on a vacation in Florida. Because that’s what you do when you’re young, and you have no money.(Sarcasm) We each had some cash obviously, but how dumb was that.

Anyway, we were down there for a month, and one of the places we visited was WDW. We only went to MK. Can’t even remember where we stayed.

I’m sure we had a good time, because we were in WDW. Only monorail resorts were the Poly and CR. We stayed at neither, for obvious reasons (the no money thing).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter