• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just wondering what was the year you first went to disneyworld?

I went to Magic Kingdom for 1 day with friends senior year of high school, Spring Break 1989.
It was okay.
Went for our honeymoon October of 1992 and looooooved it! Other than 2 or 3 years, have been back yearly, ever since.

1978 or '79. DW & I had moved to Miami so it was a nice weekend jaunt to Orlando. DLR 1965.

1980 during college spring break. Only the Magic Kingdom was open, but I vaguely remember there being some kind of "Epcot Preview Exhibit."

1983 (I was 35 years old) with my wife and my 6 and 8 year old daughters. Great time!
25th anniversary and that damn pink castle lol
I went twice that year and absolutely loved what they did, the amount of work it took and the money it must have cost to create the "damn pink castle cake". That was back when they put their money were their mouths were and ran wild with imagination creating something that was only going to be good for a year before it was thrown away. We didn't call them cheap back then like we do now. I spent hours just looking at the detail of that creation.

1996 loved it an still do, haven't been in 3 years really having withdrawls :goodvibes but I have a senior who will be college bound so no trips for me for a bit

Disneyland-1962, on a trip to visit a good friend of mine
WDW-1998, on a business convention,
and then 1999, to celebrate DW's remission from Stage III breast cancer

2017, yup, last year was first trip to WDW. For our 35th wedding anniversary.

1965 was my first trip to DL. I was 8.

2004. It was an obligatory trip that was intended to be a “one and done.” My daughter was already 7 years old, and as good parents, we felt it was our responsibility to make sure that she experienced Disney World.

We never expected to be completely enthralled by it and become WDW fanatics.

WDW 1978 - 5 months old
DL - 1992 - 14 yrs old
DL Hong Kong -2013 - 34 years old
DL Japan - 2016 - 37 years old
DL Paris - 2016 - 38 years old

1974, we stayed at the Poly! I also visited the Preview Center in 1970 (I was 3)

Summer of '75 for me. I think my Dad only took us because he wanted to ride Space Mountain. He really wasn't a theme park kind of guy though. It was a quick one day trip on the way to my cousins. We had the best time, even though it was raining and my poor Mom didn't get to go in the one thing she wanted...The Swiss Family Robinson's tree house. My sister and I( 9 and 10 ) died of embarrassment when my Mom nearly cried when she saw Pooh in the parade. My Dad had to tell us to shut up and let her have her fun!!! Shes 74 now and still has a ball when she goes :)
I totally relate to your mother. I always cry unexpectedly in WDW. The most surprising things make me cry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter