Just wondering what was the year you first went to disneyworld?

1973 we went for our honeymoon. Stayed at the Sheraton Olympic Village which was right outside the gate and is no longer there. Back in the beginning with just Polynesian and Contemporary being the only hotels on site you had to book years in advance. However, I think about it now and I have been booking BB so I book a year in advance.

Mine was 1997 the year they turned the castle into a cake LOL i am flying down tommorrow night till thursday staying at all star sports. Stayed there in 1997 lots of memories there also going to visit my sister and nephew and brother in law who live in orlando. my sister and brother in law are disney cast members

You brought back Amazing memories for me :thanks:
my son was a toddler on that particular visit. The Castle was Amazing!! He took off running to lick it ( got there in time lol) but oh what fun we had! (was his second visit.. literally has grown up on Disney)

I first went early 70’s, just after it opened... my parents trekked all 7 of us in that station wagon... road trip..picnics on I95 rest stops, stops at South of the Border... Down the eastern seaboard.. starting a yearly visit , that passed on to 4 of the 5 siblings that still enjoy it... ( there’s always 1 in the family that is the naysayer lol)
oh the memories...
I actually have an early pix of my mom on Main Street ... she has been “taken back” to Disney many times, and we sometimes re-take a pix with her, in the same spot.. she’s been there in spirit for Special visits ..like my nieces Sweet 16 Xtravaganza.. RIP mom :love:

1973 - I was 15 and the highlight of my trip was having my picture taken with Winnie-the-Pooh.

Also watching my Grandma’s reaction to Chip and Dale interacting with her when they came up to her sitting in her wheel chair.

Summer of '75 for me. I think my Dad only took us because he wanted to ride Space Mountain. He really wasn't a theme park kind of guy though. It was a quick one day trip on the way to my cousins. We had the best time, even though it was raining and my poor Mom didn't get to go in the one thing she wanted...The Swiss Family Robinson's tree house. My sister and I( 9 and 10 ) died of embarrassment when my Mom nearly cried when she saw Pooh in the parade. My Dad had to tell us to shut up and let her have her fun!!! Shes 74 now and still has a ball when she goes :)

April 1985. I was 7 years old and my cousin was 6 years old. Who knew it would kick off a life long obsession for both of us!? My mom just gave me the ticket stubs and a lot of the receipts from that trip. She had kept them all these years! It isn't in front of me right now, but I think a 3 day ticket was $45. We stayed at the Sheraton World (I remember it being really nice then) and it was $35 a night.

Mine was 1997 the year they turned the castle into a cake LOL i am flying down tommorrow night till thursday staying at all star sports. Stayed there in 1997 lots of memories there also going to visit my sister and nephew and brother in law who live in orlando. my sister and brother in law are disney cast members

WDW- 2007
DL- 2005

1990......took my kids to a Junior Olympic competition in St Petersburg, so made the side trip

DL 1957

WDW

Then 1985....1991....1993....2000....
And I’ve been there almost every year since.....:love:

I’d love to visit DL someday

1985 as part of a trip to Daytona. I did NOT want to “waste” a day at MK, but I got outvoted.

Had previously been to Disneyland in 1977.

1992. It was in December and it was a very slow season in those days. No crowds at all. We stayed at the GF. I have stayed on property over 50 times since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter