July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

Welcome! !! Happy to have you! If you are interested in joining a fish extender exchange you can read the info in the second post on our thread and let me know!
I highly recommend a couple things for your boys...first, make sure they go to their club that first night. They di icebreakers and kids meet up. It's really helpful! Second if you are comfortable consider hooking them up with a kid similar aged from the thread here in advance. My older DD exchanged emails with a couple girls the same age and they chatted in advance. They were already pretty comfortable before the cruise and excited to meet! It made the cruise tons better at her age because she already knew someone day one.
I have an 11 yo son who will be in Edge and I'd be happy to connect him with your younger son just shoot me a message. He's really hoping to find a friend or two! There are a number of boys your older sons age with mom's or dad's posting too!

That sounds great... Thank you.. I am really looking forward to this. I am already trying to warm my kids up to the idea of making new friends.

As Madzac replied (thanks Madzac), all 3 rotations are for both the early and late dinner times. You get each restaurant twice and 1 restaurant 3 times. So some families with smaller kids may want Animators 3 times. Or in our case we like to do Palo on formal night and do not want to miss Animators when Crush from Finding Nemo is the show so we requested rotation #2. Hope this helps and all feel free to ask questions.

How do you request a dining rotation? do you call and put it on your reservation?

Main Dining Room Rotations for our sailing if anyone wants to request a specific rotation of restaurants or to align with a specific night's event like Formal or Pirate night. I got this from shoreside concierge so it is legit and just thought I should share in case anyone wants to know.
View attachment 155517
So, is there a "must have" Dining Room for Formal? Or Pirate night? Or maybe Royal Court for Prince and Princess Dinner?

So, is there a "must have" Dining Room for Formal? Or Pirate night? Or maybe Royal Court for Prince and Princess Dinner?
Everyone has their different preferences and you can't go wrong. For example all 3 restaurants service the Pirate Night menu on Pirate night. For what it's worth we have found that for Formal Night Royal Court would be our top choice as it is a bit more upscale and is located just off the main atrium. As Animators is a bit more casual in theme, we like it for Pirate Night as we do not do full pirate dress but we do wear some pirate stuff and dress a bit more casual. Enchanted Garden kind of falls in between the two. Hope this helps and anyone else that has sailed before feel free to add on with your thoughts as well.

I emailed our travel agent and requested rotation 2. We have late seating. We picked this because we are late eaters and don't want to feel rushed.

What seating does everyone else have?

We requested rotation 2 and also have the second seating. Hopefully we will bothe get our request, see you there!

Quick question about Palo......how long should we plan to spend dining? We're trying see if we can plan a Palo night around the evening activities/shows.

Quick question about Palo......how long should we plan to spend dining? We're trying see if we can plan a Palo night around the evening activities/shows.
If you want to see the early show you can book Palo at 7:15 / 7:30 forward which would provide plenty of time as the early shows are at 6:15. We have never gone to the 8:30 shows but would suggest on a Palo night do the early show and then Palo if that works for your group so you can relax and take your time at Palo.

If later dining does not work for you, and you want to go to an 8:30 show I would recommend a 6:00 or 6:15 dinner time.
or
It looks like Wednesday night the show is a movie in the main theater which means you could do Palo that night at any time. They will likely be showing Finding Dory which your family will also be able to catch at the regular movie theater.
Hope I wasn't too confusing ...........

If you want to see the early show you can book Palo at 7:15 / 7:30 forward which would provide plenty of time as the early shows are at 6:15. We have never gone to the 8:30 shows but would suggest on a Palo night do the early show and then Palo if that works for your group so you can relax and take your time at Palo.

If later dining does not work for you, and you want to go to an 8:30 show I would recommend a 6:00 or 6:15 dinner time.
or
It looks like Wednesday night the show is a movie in the main theater which means you could do Palo that night at any time. They will likely be showing Finding Dory which your family will also be able to catch at the regular movie theater.
Hope I wasn't too confusing ...........
Thanks! This helps a bunch. Silly question.....how do you know what the shows are each night? Other than the posted Navigators on the Disney Cruise Blog, is the schedule posted somewhere? You can really tell I'm a DCL Novice!

The most recent posted Navigators on the Blog for the 7 night eastern. Though things I guess can change they never have in the past and I did confirmation fro concierge team. The events are the same though the family entertainment content may defer and movies will be different (we will get the new Finding Dory and the new Captain America) but the stage shows are pretty set as to which nights.

Hi everyone... Can you please add us to this cruise? This is our first Disney cruise. It will be Me (44) DH (43) DS(14-almost 15) and DS (12). I am a little nervous about my children enjoying this cruise. My younger son is more outgoing and makes friends easily. I am not so sure about my teenager. Don't get me wrong he's a very friendly and fun boy but the type that waits for people to talk to him first and shy at first. I hope he enjoys the activities and clubs.

I am very excited to finally try a Disney Cruise.

Good Morning Luv2Trav -- sorry for the delayed response -- I've been traveling for business -- welcome aboard!! :welcome:

My DS (now 15) was nervous about meeting kids on our first cruise. As others mentioned, he "met" people here and was able to email with another ship-mate who was his age. It worked out really well because he "knew" someone when we arrived. They still email each other occasionally. If you'd like, shoot me a message and I can have my son email your son. If your son likes video games, they may end up "talking" all night!!! :chat:

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Hey everyone! I have yet to book, but plan to do so this week.....has anyone started or is part of a facebook page for this cruise? On my previous 2 cruises, someone created a closed facebook page and it was so helpful as well as convenient.

Also, a mixology class was created for the facebook members. There were about 40+ of us interested so we had to split it into 2 classes. The person who organized this was quite familiar with the process and a travel agent. The cost was $20pp and it was a blast! I hope one is organized for this group....I just don't know how to do it o_O

Hey everyone! I have yet to book, but plan to do so this week.....has anyone started or is part of a facebook page for this cruise? On my previous 2 cruises, someone created a closed facebook page and it was so helpful as well as convenient.

Also, a mixology class was created for the facebook members. There were about 40+ of us interested so we had to split it into 2 classes. The person who organized this was quite familiar with the process and a travel agent. The cost was $20pp and it was a blast! I hope one is organized for this group....I just don't know how to do it o_O

I was wondering the same thing! I was supposed to be on a cruise this week but we moved it to this one and they had a Facebook page and I loved it!!

Hmmmmm....I don't know about a facebook page -- I've always done all of my visiting here at Disboards. :disrocks:

DisneyKitties, I spend so much less time on Facebook these days -- however, I would certainly check out a page if you created it! I'm in favor of spreading pixie dust. pixiedust:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest