Jane E.'s Fitness Journal

Yay, you are almost back in the 150's!!!!! :banana: Great job not buying cheese. I have learned (the hard way of course) that life is WAY easier when there are no trigger foods in the house!

Why are your teeth still sore? Just from the dentist messing around in there? I hope that gets better soon, I hate tooth pain! I don't even know if I am going to mention my super-sensitive crown because they will probably want to do a root canal. NO THANKS, I'll just chew on the right side of my mouth for the rest of my life... :rolleyes:

What movie did you see?

Just finished a post and cyberspace ate it - Dang! Trying again... the brats and potatoes sound yummy! I love both of them (I'm beginning to understand why I have gained weight in the fall :idea: ) Did you like the movie? The trailer looks good. I hope you had a fun time with your company this weekend.

Have a great week! :sunny:

:cheer2: Go Bucs!!!! What an exciting game! I thought for sure we had lost. :cheer2:

Friday night our family was invited to ds and dil's condo to watch the sunset and for a walk on the beach. We ended up inside the condo. I couldn't handle the red tide. It didn't bother anyone else in our group - just ME! Younger ds can't handle it either but he wasn't there anyway. I didn't even think there was red tide because ds and his wife talked about swimming in the pool and in the Gulf. When we first arrived we went to the water & I immediately started coughing. I hate Red Tide. They say it has absolutely nothing to do with the sewage spills we've had but I just don't believe them anymore.

I barely remember what I've eaten this weekend.

Friday night -more brats and potatoes

Saturday
#1 cereal w/ 1/2 banana, nf milk
#2 brats, saurkraut and potatoes
#3 same

Sunday -
It was my turn to make the McD's breakfast run.
#1 sausage burrito, cinamon roll, 1 mimosa
#2 8 chips, salsa lf cheese & 2 mimosas (during the Bucs game)
#3 baked brie, bread, grapes, 2 grilled shrimp w/avocado dipping sauce, 2 cosmos (during the Colts game)

Today:
#1 pb&J toast, 1 pear
#2 lf cheese and cranberries
#3 lf cheese & toast
I think I'll be making crabcrakes for dinner tonight.

Amy, I think I may have had some sort of sinus problems because my lower and upper teeth hurt on the ride side of my mouth. (Earlier this year I had a filling on the lower side - more recently the crown put in on the upper side).
I had pain all over the right side of my mouth. EAch day I'd take an Aleve upon waking. Its just now getting better but I still won't bite down on my new crown. That meant good news for the movies - No MilkDuds!

Anna, I liked Marie Antoinette - dh fell asleep. The lady next to me hated it but I love historical stuff anyway. The costumes, sets & backgrounds were beautiful. It was actually filmed at Versailles. When I was 19 I visited Versailles so I loved seeing the movie. Dh - NOT so much! So sorry your post was lost in cyrberspace!

Glad you liked the movie. Sorry about the teeth still hurting, but at least you are learning that you can watch a movie without milk duds! :teeth: You had a fun weekend (your "football" food for the colts game on Sunday sounded really yummy!) and it looks like you got right back on track eating wise today. Good Job! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Sounds like Marie Antionette is a rental!! I love Kirsten Dunst, I think she is a cutie. I'm glad you didn't try to eat any Milk Duds! :thumbsup2

I'm glad your teeth are feeling better. That is just so miserable!

Speaking of football, DH is in this pool where they have to pick teams every week and put a weight on each game and the goal is to get the highest score. He is always complaining about how bad his picks are, and he watches all kinds of football analysis shows, etc. I told him I could pick better than him, so he gave me one of his sheets. Sure enough, at the end of it all I had 56 points and he had 21. HA HA!!! :lmao: And I did my picks based on whose quarterbacks I liked, who had the better looking uniforms, etc. :teeth:

Isn't baked brie the best? I ate so much brie on the plane coming back from the UK. It wasn't baked, but it was still yummy!

:cool1: I finally got in my trail walk - 35 minutes with the dog. :cool1: The weather was beautiful - windy & cool. The dog and I had a great time. :dogdance:

#1 apple and 3 lf string cheese
#2 veggie burger, lf cheese wrap
#3 veggie burger, lf cheese wrap
#4 handful of choc covered peanuts

Dh got home late last night, & we had to prepare for the accountant so I never did make crabcakes.

I went shopping at Avenue. I love that store. They're size 14 and up. I wish they'd carry size 12. They're always so helpful. I bought a pair of 14 jeans, a pair of workout pants & 2 pairs of "slimming" undergarments that the clerk recommended. I hated buying more size 14s but the 12s are still too tight. I'm just not motivated enough! :guilty:

Anna, I'm still not doing great. I've got to get back into a healthy frame of mind. I was watching a show with a fitness guy and he said that workouts withOUT the diet just doesn't work. :sad2: (Thats not what I want to hear!)

Amy, great job on predicting those football games! I would have loved to have seen your husband's face when you beat his score. He probably thinks your evaluation skills leave something to be desired but you have a good knack for selecting all of the important characteristics for a winning team! :rotfl:

I love brie too - especially with fruit and bread!

Don't you love walking even more when the weather is so perfect? It is finally getting to that point here. Spring and fall are my favorite times in AZ.

Your eating looks pretty good! I love chocolate covered peanuts. Which is why I never buy them... :rolleyes1 Great job sticking with just a handful!

I know it's tough to buy pants that you know you want to get out of, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! I bought pants a size larger than I want to be, but guess what? I lived!!! :teeth: You'll get back down to the 12's, it'll just take time.

To finish up yesterday's menu I had 1/2 crabcake and FRITOS (good grief) with hummus :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

Today #1 veggie wrap, lf cheese
#2 3 chocolate nuggets
#3 jr bacon cheeseburger, cranberry juice, Smart One's choc mousse

Amy, I love this weather. :butterfly Its been absolutely beautiful. I tried to get dh out of the house the other night for a walk - but couldn't talk him into it!

Men are the pits when it comes to walking. I don't know why that is!! What are chocolate nuggets? Sounds good, whatever they are! Do you want me to send you some cookie dough? I have TONS of it...

Today I got in a 35 minute walk and 5 minutes of weights! :cheer2:

We had a party at work tonight that I had to help with. It was a Las Vegas themed party, & I did the horse racing game. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my activity was the busiest out of all of them. I was in competition with the roulette wheel, cards, poker & a dice game. Several people commented to me that mine was the busiest. That made me feel like I'm doing my job right! We had a great time, and our residents and their families loved it!

#1 chili, 2 slices of bread, cheese
#2 (at party) appetizers (3 little cheese tarts, asparagus roll up, 2 cheese puffs) lots of jalapeno cheese and one mini eclair plus punch

Amy, I agree dh never wants to walk anywhere. I call the chocolate candies chocolate nuggets - I don't know their real name - they were filled with chocolate, caramel and choc, or pnut butter and choc. They're too good. I turned down a Reeses pnut butter cup tonight too! :Pinkbounc NO COOKIE DOUGH!!!!!

See, all those trips to Vegas paid off! :thumbsup2 That's cool that you had the best station, good job!

Wow, I don't think I could have resisted the PB Cup. You did really good with your eating even though you were at a social event! And I'm glad you got another walk in, you are doing way better than me this week... :rolleyes1

So far so good on the cookie dough. I cut all the dough balls in half, so each cookie is 85 calories. I can handle that. My problem is MAKING the cookies. Once they are cooked and packed away, I can resist them. But the raw dough and fresh-out-of-the-oven ones really wreak havoc on my fragile willpower!

Any plans for the weekend? We are having our Halloween party, it'll be fun, and it's at our house so I can control the goodies. At least I know there will be plenty of healthy options. Whether or not I eat them instead of the junk is a different story. :rolleyes:

I had a lizard fiasco today. While vacuuming in the living room I spied a cute little baby lizard. Knowing that my cats and dogs would like to do nothing more than destory it, I knew I had to get it OUT of my house. I settled upon folding a paper in half, the lizard jumped on it, and from there it jumped on my arm. I quickly ushered it outside where it refused to jump off of my arm. Trying to aid its return to the wild, I touched my fingers above it hoping it would jump off of me. Instead it rushed inside of my short sleeved shirt. I hope no neighbors were watching because the next thing I did was put my head in my shirt to find it. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't find it that way. I wasn't going to take the baby lizard back in the house with my animals so out in the yard I took off my shirt (which technically isn't nearly as bad as sticking my head in my shirt). Thankfully, I found it attached to the inside of my shirt. At that point I brushed it off and rushed into the house where my cats and dog were waiting at the window. I sure hope no neighbors saw me - they'd think I was nutz! And the poor little lizard got to live one more day!

last night's dinner - 1/2 bowl of chili

Today:
cereal, 1 banana, nf milk
potato cheese soup (I didn't finish the whole bowl.) :banana:
chili, 2 slices of bread, cheese, 8 choc covered almonds

Amy, we have a party to go to tonight. We're having Italian food so I'm in deep trouble. I love everything Italian. It must be time for your annual Halloween party. Have a great time - at least you can control the calorie content.

I don't see how you chop those little cookie dough balls in half. I want to down 7 or 8 - they're so good. I have a hard time stopping. Have a great weekend!

Hi Jane!

OMG that lizard story was great, and it reminded me of the little lizards that used to run all around in the yard at my grandparents house (near Clearwater).

Lucky you with the nice weather! It has been unusually cold here, but actually made it up into the 50's today. Buckets of rain, thought, flood warnings and all. Really nasty weather.
We need more :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Have a good weekend.

Jane, your lizard story sent chills down my spine! Lizards are snakes with legs in my book - I hate them - period! First I never would have been brave enough to get the lizard onto a paper - Lizards in the house generally require a 911 call to DH. And a lizard in the shirt?!!?? Probably would have given me a heart attack!

What fun your vegas party sounds like! :woohoo: :woohoo: Very impressed with passing on the PB cup! Those are a total weakness for me. :sad2:

I'm glad the weather has been nice. Have a great weekend! :sunny:

I'm enjoying my catch-up of your journal. You said a wonderful word that is magical to me....MIMOSA!!! I haven't had one in a few months and I'm afraid I will have to rectify that fact soon!!

With all the nice weather you're having (I'm jealous by the way! ;) ), you'll be back into your 12's shortly.

That was quite the lizard story! You seem so calm about it. I would have been running around, flapping my arms like a crazy person (well, crazier than usual ;) ).

I hope you have a great week!!

LOVE the lizard story!!! I'm sure you'd be the talk of the neighborhood if anyone saw you. If you haven't heard anything by now, I think you're safe! :teeth:

How did the party go? Ours was fun, and I didn't eat too much! In fact, I ate so little that the couple drinks I had really got to me... Oops! :blush:

Wow, chocolate covered almonds! 2 of my fave things!!!

My weight today is 164.4. I did 30 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of ab exercises.

Friday night was fun. I had garlic bread and chicken parmigiana. I didn't eat any of the spaghetti. They had two different types of cake and I had a slice of each the first one an hour after dinner and the second an hour after that. I also had 3 glasses of some kind of red Italian wine.

Saturday:
#1 one slice of pound cake
#2 turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes, 1pb cup
#3 chili, Smart One's dessert
#4 cajun trail mix and regular trail mix

Sunday:
#1 cereal, 1 banana, nf milk
#2 roast beef, roll w/butter, potatoes, brocolli, green beans, cauliflour, cake
#3 pnut butter cup
#4 (We went out to eat.) 1/4 of the salmon appetizer, lots of bruschetta(about 5 pieces), 2 cosmos
#5 Smart One's dessert

The Colts game was a close one. I was glad they won. We were on the edge of our seats.

Today:
#1 cereal, banana, nf milk
#2 chili
#3 turkey sandwich, lf cheese
#4 chili, 1 slice of bread w/margarine

Kate, it was great hearing from you! Sending pixie dust and sunshine your way! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Its no fun running in the rain!

Anna, :lmao: You really don't like lizards, do you? They're much cuter than snakes. I'm not real brave with animals but I didn't want to see the poor thing torn apart by my cats. I figured my handling of the lizard was the lesser of two evils. The Vegas party wasn't fun for me - since it was a work party but the residents and their families loved it. My boss is coming up with great ideas - she's fun to work with.

CJK, I LOVE mimosas too. :drinking1 When I'm off on Sundays I start my day with them if I don't have any driving to do. I'm just glad that my incident was with a lizard and not a snake or mouse. The nicer weather is helping my workouts. I can walk later than normal and handle it since its not so darn hot. That gives me a longer time frame for getting my walk in. I really need those size 14s to get looser on me.

Amy, great job on eating at your party. :thumbsup2 We had a great night. I tried to pick and choose. I love chicken parmigiana so I ate that but I avoided the spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. I did have two slices of cake but the cake slices were small. I'm with you on the choc covered almonds. I love them - at least I'm getting protein with my chocolate so I figure that I'll eat less choc covered almonds than Milk Duds. I still haven't bought my Halloween candy - I'm waiting until the very last minute.

Smart idea on waiting to buy Halloween candy! Usually I buy it but don't open it until Halloween, but since we had that party, I put out little dishes of candy. And of course no one really ate any, so lesson learned for next year!

Great job picking only a couple things that you really wanted to eat at the Italian place. I love that kind of food too and it is SO high in calories! You did great though!

Keep it up with the walks, those 14's will be falling off before you know it. :teeth:

Today I had
#1 cereal, nf milk
#2 carrot stix, salad peppers, ww pitas pieces & hummus
#3 chili, a bunch of choc covered almonds

Amy, if I buy candy before Halloween I'll definately start eating it. I'm not to be trusted with chocolate. :guilty: :guilty:

Your food looked great (up until the chocolate almonds part! ;) ). Those things are dangerous! You should give those out to the trick or treaters! I brought in all the leftover candy and left them in the coffee room. It is almost all gone! Better my co-workers than me!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter