Jane E.'s Fitness Journal

You've given me an idea I wish I never had with the Cheez-Its and LC cheese. I love the LC with pretzels, thanks a lot for giving me the Cheez-Its idea... just what I need - more carbs! :rolleyes:

Great job hanging in the 150's! Your pants will be loose before you know it! Well, maybe not after the F&W festival, but shortly after! :teeth:

Jane great job seeing steady progress down on the scale! :cheer2:

From a fellow carb lover, try the bread/muffin/whatever without the butter. Then you get the carb, but not so much fat... and it really doesn't taste nearly as good and I don't eat as much. :teeth:

Have a great time at the F&W festival - and don't worry about eating all that yummy stuff. Do some good walking there and you will get back on track when you get back! You can do it!! :cheer2:

No weigh in or workout today but I'm looking forward to lots of walking at Disney.

dinner last night: 1 salmon patty, cranberry juice, 10 cheezits 2 lf cheese, baked beans

today
#1 kashi cereal - I swear they put sawdust in their cereal, nf milk
#2 veggie burger on a bun, lf LC cheese
I did avoid the choc chip cookies & lemonade at work!
#3 the .99 rodeo cheeseburger from BK

Amy, OH NO! I've been a bad influence on you. Don't try the LC lf cheese on cheezits - it tastes horrible & you won't like it. Can you tell we're out of pretzels? In past trips to F&W festival I haven't gained weight. I'm praying that the trend continues. I think its because I really do a lot of walking there. I've also been known to do my share of running if it means beating a crowd to catch a bus back to our hotel.

CACruisin' said:
From a fellow carb lover, try the bread/muffin/whatever without the butter. Then you get the carb, but not so much fat... and it really doesn't taste nearly as good and I don't eat as much. :teeth:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I love your logic, Anna! Thats like having a margarita without alcohol!

Congrats on leaving those pesky 60's behind!! :cheer2: :cheer2: When are you going to the wine & food festival again? We had a fabulous time enjoying the concerts as well as the food...and a little wine....;) but oh the crowds! I'm hoping it was all due to Columbus day and is not usually that crowded. Have a GREAT time!!

Jane E. said:
Thats like having a margarita without alcohol!
OH, MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you had an awesome time at the festival! Can't wait to hear about all the yummy things you tried. I did my part and had a margarita (and Malibu-n-DC, and shot of tequila, and...) for you in Mexico. :teeth:

We had a blast at the wine festival. :dancer: However, I swear the minute we arrived and bought our food at the Canadian booth - cheese soup for me, salmon for dh & ice wine for both of us - it started raining. Due to the fact that Canada has no shelter, dh & I wolfed down our food and headed to Morocco. In Morocco we were able to sit under the outside tables with umbrellas over them on the patio of their fast food restaurant. In about 15 minutes the rain stopped. Dh's favorite food was the pita type sandwiches in Morocco - they were good. He ordered them and I held the table so I don't know what they were.

The food we liked the least was the seafood salad at New Zealand. The most refreshing drink was the green tea wine at China. It came filled with ice & was delicious. I couldn't wait to get dessert at Ireland. Last year they had a chocolate flourless cake. It was wonderful. This year they had a strawberry cheesecake type thing in a glass - with Baileys to drink???? Give me the chocolate anyday!

After the rain quit the whole place became quite steamy. Dh couldn't believe I was sopping wet! and not from the rain. Perimenopause & hot Florida days just don't go together!

The wines were great. :drinking1 We did the wine passport thing for America & Australia. Also, we did the normal wine flights that Germany & Italy have. We loved all of the music. We saw Mo'Rockin' twice, Off Kilter once, The Beatle group in Great Britain once, and the Mariachi band once. Also we went to two performances of the David Sanborn band. They were excellent.

Our whole day was spent walking around, eating, drinking, and listening to music. We left before Illuminations making it to the Hilton at Downtown Disney. (Thanks to Priceline.) :woohoo: I've read many complaints about this resort but dh & I loved it. The only downside were the paper thin walls in the bathroom.

That night we headed to POFQ to listen to Elliot Dyson. He is a great entertainer, & we love seeing him perform. After two sets we had to leave due to fatigue. We made it back to our hotel room by midnight where we both collapsed. The beds at the Hilton must be full beds. Neither one of us could turn over but we were both so tired it didn't matter.

The next day we went to Downtown Disney and saw The Illusionist. This is a fairy tale type movie but I absolutely loved it! Great news, I didn't have any MilkDuds!!!! :jumping1: Of course it helps that my mouth is still sore from the new crown. I wasn't even tempted! We had a late lunch at Wolfgang Puck's before driving home. The food and service are always great at the place. Originally, I wanted one of their delcious fruity martini drinks but opted instead for mango iced tea. One day of all day wine drinking was more than enough for me!

My food from Thursday on has been horrendous. Between work, football games & going out - its been awful. I don't want to see a caloric intake number!

Ds and his wife are spending their vacation at a condo on the beach. With dh's connections they were able to book a one bedroom at 1/3 of the normal cost. I would go out of my mind spending a week at the beach but my daughter in law loves it! Dh and younger ds went over and had lunch with them today. Dh is going to take me over later on in the week.

Anna, do either of the parks at Disneyland have the wine festival, flower festival, or CP? We've gotten to the point where we love the entertainment & rarely do the rides.

CJK, we were very fortunate. During the day there were no crowds. However, as we were leaving on Thursday night we couldn't believe the crowd level. Thankfully we were done eating by then. By the way, the 160s are back. :guilty:

Amy, did you drink the tequilla off of dh's belly like they show on the spring break shows? You must've had a great time! I stuck with wine, coke & water the entire day. I was way too scared to try any fun drinks after all of the weird combinations we ate during the day. My favorite wine was off of the Italian flight sample thing. They had a red sparkling that was wonderful!

What a great day at Epcot!! Sounds like you made the most of your trip like last time, taking advantage of every moment of the day! Glad to see you avoided Bob at POR this time! :rotfl: Hopefully the 160's will disappear quickly. If you're like me, the pounds I likely gained on our trip fell off quickly after returning home and resuming regular habits. Have a great week!

Yay for avoiding the Milk Duds!!!! And it doesn't sound like you had to use the hammer trick I suggested, which is a good thing! :teeth:

What an awesome weekend you had! Don't worry about the 160's, they will go away soon. And I'm sure those extra couple lbs were worth all the yummy stuff you tried. I love German wine. And cheesecake in a cup? I think they would have had to drag me out of Ireland when they closed, kicking and screaming!!! :rolleyes:

I am with your DIL. I can lounge on the beach for a whole week. In fact, my DH was shocked when I told him we'd only have 5 hours on the beach in St John next month. He was like "ONLY 5 hours?!?!?"

I can picture myself drinking tequila off my 48 year old DH's belly. Maybe if my dad wasn't there...

Today's been really busy. :crazy: I had toast for breakfast with fresh pineapple & chili for lunch with 2 slices of Italian bread and butter. No workout. My neighbor and I binged on choc chip cookies this afternoon!

CJK, nothin' against Bob but I was so glad that Elliot Dyson was at POFQ! I'm sure if I had children I'd feel differently. I hope these pounds come off. I need to get back into workout mode.

Amy, while I was eating the stupid cheesecake thing I thought that you'd probably like it. But it absolutely does NOT go with the Baileys as well as the chocolate cake. Ds phoned to thank us today for helping them secure the condo for their vacation. They were having a great time. They'd gone snorkeling, beach walking, and swimming in the pool. Better them than me. I think I got beached out when I was raising my kids. I had them at the beach or pool all summer long.

Your F&W day sounds absolutely wonderful! YUM!

No DL does not have any of those wonderful events. We have just started having a Halloween party (2nd year, I think) so maybe they will be adding more of that type of thing over time. I am shocked at the crowds though. It has been crazy for the 50th celebration, and I was really hoping it would calm down when that was over. Apparently the Year of a million dreams is packing them in too. We have talked about going up for the day for the past couple of weekends, but then decided we weren't up for the crowds and not gone.

I'm with DDIL - give me a beach and I am happy. Hawaii is my Paradise!

Your eating today started off great, but :confused3 . Is this the same neighbor that you have sundaes and hot dogs with?

Great job on the Milk Dud abstinence. :cheer2:

So how did your eating end last night? I can't wait to see how you topped off chocolate chip cookies. Let's see, hot fudge sundaes for dinner? :rotfl: We've all been there, don't worry! You'll get back into a routine with your working out and healthy eating soon. :wizard:

Today I started the day off with fresh pineapple & 2 slices of pb&j toast (thin sliced Italian from the bakery)

Lunch: chili and 2 slices of thin Italian bread

Anna, its too bad that Disneyland doesn't have more of the fests that we have. We love the concerts that F&W and Flower Festival have. Don't pat me on the back about the Milk Duds - my teeth are way too sore for them. I hope they get feeling better soon - I could kick myself. All of this pain because of the bad stuff I was eating.

Amy, of course we didn't have hot fudge sundaes last night - we went with the Marie Calendar's Dutch Apple Pie. I haven't had apple pie in ages - it was so good. Guess I'm getting in the fall spirit. It also makes the house smell wonderful.

I'm hungry now!! That apple pie sounded wonderful! I haven't had apple pie in months. Sounds like your day was off to a great start today. Keep on keeping on!

Fortunately my dear grandma lives in another state. She makes a homemade apple pie that is to die for. And of course she tried to teach me how to make it, but the crust kills me every time! Hers is all perfect and mine looks like patchwork. And she never measures anything, just throws it all together. It goes against all my engineering training, so I am destined to never follow her footsteps in the baking department!

WHERE IS YOUR PROTEIN?!??! I'm not seeing it and I'm pretty sure apple pie is not high on the protein scale. (I'm trying to reel you back in Jane! :teeth: )

Apple Pie - YUM!

Ok, today is a new day and you have started off great with the pineapple and PBJ. and the chilli. Keep it up :thumbsup2 .

Jane, I LOVE you scaring your son! Paybacks are Hxxx!!

Sorry about the dentist - I HATE dentist stories like that!

You said Coke helped your stomach - did you know you can buy 'cola syrup' at Walgreens? You usually have to ask for it, but you take like 2 tsp and it really really helps. My MIL used to swear by it for any tummy ails - 2 tsp over ice.

Have a great weekend!

We've got relatives in town visiting from up north so I've been doing lots of running around.

dinner last night - chili & 2 slices of bread w/butter

today - Kashi cereal w/1 banana, nf milk
#2 fajita - grilled chicken, onions, peppers, cheese & a tortilla
#3 banana, 3 slices of toast w/pnut butter & jam

CJK, today was alot better than the past few days. :sunny: No more apple pie! That stuff is way too good!

Amy, you're right! I've been craving carbs again. I did have my grilled chicken for lunch. I bought 3 packages of it, and we grilled all of them last night so you'll probably see lots more chicken on my menu this week. :Pinkbounc

Anna, hopefully tomorrow I'll stick with grilled chicken and salad for lunch. We're supposed to go see Marie Antoinette tomorrow if dh finishes work early enough. At least I'll be MilkDudless again! popcorn::

Julie, I NEVER knew you could buy coke syrup at Walgreens!?! Do you have to ask the pharmacist or is it on the shelves? Everytime one of us gets sick the other has to run to the grocery store for coke - it'd be great to have that syrup on hand. Thanks for the info! :cool1:

I'm glad you grilled some chicken! It makes it so much easier to eat healthy when it is ready to go!

I remember having that Coke syrup when I was a kid, but I didn't know you could still buy it.

I can't wait to hear how you AVOIDED Milk Duds at the movies! I am in bad shape at the movies now that DS discovered the Cinnabon pretzels. He is not supposed to have popcorn because of his braces - I don't know which is worse for you, the popcorn or that pretzel!

I hope your carb cravings go away soon. Mine have really gone down since I've been eating pretty well all week. It's amazing that once you get the junk out of your system your body doesn't crave it anymore!

I weighed in upon waking up first thing this morning: 160! :banana: Thats good news for me!

#1 Kashi cereal, 1/2 banana, nf milk
#2 Apple Kraut Bratwurst w/ Bacon onion potatoes

I took Mom grocery shopping & at the store they'd made bratwurst and potatoes. It smelled so good that I ended up getting the recipe and ingredients. Then I came home and made it for lunch. I've never made bratwurst in my life! NOT the best food for dieting but it is a great food for autumn & Octoberfest! I love saurkraut.

Amy, I still have chicken in my fridge, & I did not buy more cheese. :Pinkbounc I knew if I got more I'd be tempted to make quesadillas. I can definately do without those.

My teeth have been sore so its been easy not to buy Milk Duds. When we went to the movies while we were on vacation I kept telling myself that if I didn't get anything at the theater I could eat at Wolfgang Puck's for lunch. It worked! If we do go to the movies today, I won't be eating out. There's always way too many crowds on Friday nights. I'll just have to promise myself something else! :teeth: (Dinner out tomorrow night!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter