Jane E.'s Fitness Journal

Jane E.

DIS Veteran
I've decided to keep an online journal so that I'll be accountable. This way I'll be able to see my workouts & food diary for each day. Writing things down is a big motivator for me.

My original weightloss launch was back in January. At that point I was 180lbs. Between mid-January and mid March I lost 8lbs. At which time I injured my hip & lower back. Unbelievably, I injured myself initially by going bowling. Then I kept reinjuring my back at work & even went back for a bowling encore which really did me in. By April the pain was so severe I couldn't move. I started physical therapy at that point. No weightloss for me in April. At the end of May I was able to start working out again. So my stats from the end of May are:

height: 5'4.5"
original weight:180lbs
Starting WISH weight: 172lbs

At the beginning of June my weight was 170lbs.

As of today 6/10/05 my weight is 168 lbs.

workout today: 25 minute walk & 5 minutes of ab & bun exercises

food diary:
2 stalks of celery with Laughing Cow's creamy french onion lowfat cheese & turkey slices, 8oz of Cran-Raspberry Juice
Lean Cuisines Sweet & Sour Chicken, 8oz of skim milk
Sandwich: 1 slice of whole grain bread, lowfat cheese & 2 slices of turkey with mustard, Green Tea & 1 fudgesicle
evening snack is celery, lowfat cheese & another fudgesicle

925 13.5

On the weekend I like to be able to go out for dinner & eat whatever I want, so I try to eat lo-cal two days before & two days after. I try to average about 1250 calories a day & 22 grams of fat.

I had a dream last night that every time I weighed myself I dropped 5lbs. By the end of the week I'd lost 35lbs. In my dream I kept trying on my "smaller" clothes. First my size 12s, then 10's, finally 8's & they were all way too big for me. I was so excited that I was fitting into size 6s! At last! Unfortunately, I woke up & reality dawned. I tried on my size 12 shorts. Still too tight!!! I couldn't get the zipper even 1/2 way up. :confused3 My legs & arms are size 12 but those abs and buns are a determined 14.

Hi Jane!!! Love your dream. Don't you wish it were real? I do.

A cheer to start you off right!

:cheer2: Day by day
:cheer2: Pound by pound
:cheer2: Jane E's just doin' in!
:cheer2: No messin' around!

And Erin, that cheer is from your journal, if you should pop in.

Good luck!

Jen, love that cheer! LOL! With motivation like that I should succeed!

25 mins of circuit training & 20 mins of yoga

4oz OJ with protein mix
1 c strawberries

Lean Cuisine grilled chix & green tea

On Saturday nights dh & I love going out to eat. Since I knew we were going out to eat I ate one Better 'N Burger sandwich
before going out so I wouldn't pig out on high fat foods.

At dinner we split chix fajita nachos - I ate 3 nachos plus had two cranberry vodkas. For dessert I had one glass of Eiswein (I ordered a bottle at my local grocery store after having one tiny glass at LeCellier.)

I read somewhere that you can lose weight just by drinking 3 cups of green tea a day. Somehow I have a hard time doing that. If I'm lucky I manage one cup but today I'd like to try for three. I just hope I don't get over caffinated because I don't drink coffee or soda regularly. I'll probably be wide awake at midnight. :sunny:

I did manage to drink all three glass of green tea plus about 60 oz of water.

My totals for today are 1700 calories & 27 grams of fat.

Dh fussed and fumed when I ate my veggie burger before going out, but if I hadn't done that I would have eaten 1/2 off the appetizer instead of 1/4. In the long run I think it saved me about 15 fat grams. :teeth:

Good afternoon, Jane!! Everybody needs a cheerleader to keep them moving. Cheerleaders are also here to keep you focused, on track, and we remind you which way the goal is. And if needed be, we give you that wake up call that says "Hello. Get up, it's a new day! Shake it off!"

The recipe for the Beef Taco Lasagna is in my journal :).

Doin' great! I like the idea of circuit training and I'd love to try yoga!! Green tea I'm not so sure about, but I really don't like tea that much. We had to do a Japanese tea ceremony in 4th grade...bleck! Also try drinking your water, please! Does green tea ice cream count?

Good luck with the tea thing. Keep going because today's not over yet!!!!!

:cheer2: Gooooooooooooooooooooooo (and not Goo as in like slime) Jane!!!!!

Welcome to the Journals. I find they really help me be accountable and keep track of what is going on. It is nice to see progress too. The situation with your back sounds difficult, glad you are doing better. I love green tea. I usually make a big pot and just drink it either hot or cold. It is really good for you. I use the decaff kind.

Jen & Calena, thanks for your encouraging words. I drink the green tea with orange in it. I can't stand the regular green tea. I've had a box of the plain green tea for a couple of months & don't like the taste of it. Calena, I wish that I could drink it down like you do. Do you think the weightloss claims that are made for it are accurate? Jen, I can't imagine Green Tea Ice Cream. Sounds like a waste of ice cream to me. Also, thanks for the beef lasanga taco recipe. I'll be checking that out.

My back is much better & I actually start back to work in a couple of weeks.

40 min workout for SUNDAY.
For breakfast I made a strawberry/blueberry smoothie using regular milk.

For a late lunch dh & I went out to a wonderful little restaurant downtown. I had grouper picatta, broccoli, and fruit juice to drink.

Afterwards, dh & I went to a craft fair. After walking around we went to a homemade ice cream store & I had a dish of ice cream. We also ate some homemade fudge.

Around 5pm we hit an outdoor casual food/bar restaurant on the bay. Dh knows the manager so we got freebies. He had two beers & I had 2 glasses of champagne for free. Our table was right on the water which gave us a great opportunity to watch all the boats going by.

I finished the day off with about 8 chips & salsa.

I think I'm going to have to reign in my weekends. I eat strict all week but if I'm not careful I'm going to ruin my hard work. I'm going to have to restrict myself to just one cheat meal a week.

MONDAY:
For today I had plans to pick up my friend for lunch & then go to the art museum. I ate before I picked her up so I wouldn't pig out on the restaurant food AGAIN! I had a veggie burger and oj with protein powder at home. At the restaurant I ordered a bowl of chicken tortilla soup & ice water with lemon. Afterwards we went to the art museum. She likes to walk also, so, we walked all thru the grounds afterwards. Hence my 20 minutes of walking for today.

Upon arriving home I had a fudgesicle.

For dinner I ate a veggie burger & one fudgesicle. I bought a bunch of veggies: corn, zuchinni, onion & green pepper to grill outside. If dh gets home on time I'll fix those and have some this evening. If not, it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

You're learning! I agree with you on reigning your weekends. Keep on keeping on, Jane!! You're doing so well!

Today I had meetings all day long. I'm totally worn out. No time for a workout. After getting home at 6pm I collapsed on the couch. Good thing I had everything prepped for grilling out tonight.

Breakfast: cantaloupe, blueberries, oj with protein powder
Lunch: Lean Cuisine cabbage rolls
Snack: 1/2 bagel with lowfat cheese
Dinner: 1/4 of a steak, corn on the cob, onions & green peppers all cooked out on the grill
Snack Attack: coke & chocolate candy :confused3

Today was very stressful. In between all of my meetings, my neighbor came over & she was all stressed out too. She'd had a terrible weekend. What a day!!

Hadn't gotten in a workout & when I came on the boards, I felt guilty! 10 minute walk & 20 minute full body workout with free weights & exercise ball. :banana:

I've gotta get Gunnar Petersen's Exercise Ball workout. I saw it on an infomercial but my local Target also has some of his dvds. However at Target its 29.99. I can get it cheaper online but I don't want to use my credit card, so I'm waiting.

25 minutes of Tao Bo. Can't believe I actually finished the whole tape. Also 10 minutes of yoga.

cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries & oj with protein powder (the cantaloupe was bland)

ham sandwich with low fat spreadable cheese on whole wheat, grape juice & Smart Ones Carrot Cake

tomato basil veggie burger on a bun with leftover grilled onions & peppers & 2 fudgesicles

Sunday we're going out for brunch. It makes me a little nervous. I love all the bad stuff.

I forgot to drink my green tea again!

Sounds like you're doing pretty well. What kind of protein powder do you use? My DS says it's all pretty YUCKY, but has to have it for gymnastics.

Weekends are tough, but you CAN succeed through them

Hang in there and just keep focused. You can do this!

I like the Green Tea because of overall health benefits but I don't know if it really works for weight loss. I agree with reigning in the splurge from the weekend to one meal. Otherwise it is too easy to go nuts. I do think that the splurge helps keep our systems guessing and helps us lose weight because if we eat the same calories every day our body can go into conservation mode. You have done great so far with your weight loss. Keep it up. :flower:

Thanks Julie & Calena for your support! The protein powder I use is called ShapeWorks. My sil's friend sells it. I like it because its soy based.
With the green tea, I never binge when I've been drinking that all day. Somehow it helps me to feel fuller or at least not food deprived. The other day on tv they had a dr. ( i think it was perricone) & he said if you substituted green tea for coffee you would lose weight. However, I don't drink coffee, so I don't know if the green tea will actually help me lose weight.

I haven't been able to get online for several days. My computer keeps breaking down. Its still under warranty & we've had it in the shop about 6 times.

My food for yesterday was oj and protein drink for breakfast with leftover pizza that ds had. Cranberry juice, a ham sandwich for lunch & 3 fudgesicles. Dinner was a tomato/basil burger with Smart One's Key Lime
Pie. At night I had two more fudgesicles. My cravings were much worse this week than last week.

After doing tao bo a few days ago I woke up with a sore hip the next day. So Thursday & Friday I did no workout at all. However, Saturday I gently got back into working out again. I did 10 minutes of free weights & 20 minutes of Leslie Sansone's walking video that I borrowed from the library. I will get thru this!! Dh told me to be careful doing tao bo. He noticed I was doing side kicks & with my previous problems I should be more careful. He told me nest time substitute something else for those side kicks.

I weighed myself on Thursday & was still 168lbs.

This morning we went out for a family brunch at 8:45am. I decided to eat only what I wanted. So, I had a slice of bacon, a slice of sausage & one pancake with a mini donut.

Then mil gave me some pics from Christmas. I was so heavy, I can't even stand to look at them. I began to wish that I hadn't eaten brunch! When I gain weight it all goes to my face! I just look huge in the pics. I need to put those on the fridge. Its funny how different people gain weight in different places. I have a couple of friends whose faces never change. It all goes on their thighs & derriere. For me, Its my face & hips. I should probably have those pics blown up to poster size!

Those pics still have me in an uproar. They're great motivation! Its funny how some people can weigh more than me but in the pics they look thinner. I guess 'cuz my face shows my weight, I look heavier. Just 9 more pounds till I'm in the 150s. Hope all that weight comes off my face & hips!

My workout: :flower:
50 minutes of circuit training using free weights, my step, exercise ball, & cardio glider. Then finished with 10 minutes of yoga.

Breakfast: oj with protein mix, Lean Cuisine Sweet & Sour Chx
Lunch: cranberry juice with protein mix, Veggie Burger grillers with bun & celery
Dinner: Lean Cuisine Cabbage Rolls & celery with fudgesicle

Its been such an encouragement to read the workouts & updates. Its great to read about people meeting their goals. I'm going to get there!

Your workout sounds great. Do you post on the daily workout thread? I also gain in the face and hips, and this morning I feel bloated, so feel it in the face!

Thank you Calena, at least I'm not alone! Yes, I do post on the daily workout thread. Sometimes my computer won't cooperate & I can't get online but I try to most days.

Today for breakfast I had cereal with blueberries & skim milk. OJ & protein mix.

Lunch was homemade chili. I put a ton of veggies in it. Two kinds of onions (three if you include the green onion garnish), three kinds of peppers including jalapeno (not brave enough for habanaro), diced celery & carrots, tomatoes, two kinds of beans, fiesta corn & ground round. For seasoning I used garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper, habano sauce, Louisiana hot sauce, spicy chili paste, tomato sauce, tomato paste & sugar. Its very spicy!! I've always loved chili but have ALWAYS garnished it with tons of cheese. I was hoping that by making it spicy with lots of veggies I won't miss the cheese.

Workout - 30 minutes of aerobics

Dinner - for dinner I plan on another bowl of chili, celery stix & fudgesicles

welcome jane...soo good to see you here! :) i'm jen, nice to meet you..hope i can be an encouragement to you on your journey...keep on keeping on...ps...your chili sounds FAB!! :goodvibes I LOVE HOT SPICEY FOOD!!! ;)

have a wonderful weight loss day!! ! :wizard: sending pixie dust your way :wizard: (have some left over from WDW) ;)

hugs,
Jen :Pinkbounc

Thanks for your encouragement, Jen! Your off to a great start losing 12lbs in May. Keep up the good work & thanks for the pixie dust. We can all use plenty of that. :flower:

Today I began my workout with 30 minutes of WATP Super Fat Burning. I'm going to check it out another week. I haven't done the whole tape at once but 10 minutes here or 30 minutes there so it adds to my workout. Adding the 2lb weights gives a great workout. Its much gentler than tao bo though.

20 minutes of free weights which really wore me out after using the 2lb weights for aerobics.

10 minutes of yoga.

breakfast: oj with protein powder, blueberries & chili.

lunch: chili, grape juice & 1 fudgesicle

snack: 1 fudgesicle

dinner: chili, celery stix & 1 fudgesicle

My weight is STILL at 168lbs. :sad2:

Don't forget, you are still changing your body with all your exercise, even if the scale stays put for a bit! Keep up the good work and the pounds will come off. (I keep telling myself the same thing!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter