Jane E.'s Fitness Journal

I ordered another WATP from the library. It was supposed to be the ab WATP workout. Anyway, when I got it home its the exact same workout I've already gotten from the library. Then I tried to reserve a firm video from the library & apparently their site was having problems because it wouldn't go thru.

I'm so upset. We paid $700 to have some trees trimmed. The tree trimmer told me he was done trimming the trees & asked to be paid. He said he had some work to do for our neighbors the next day so he'd come back then to discard the trimmings. I paid him! Neither us nor our neighbors have seen him since & we can't get a hold of him. The company he said he worked for said he's an independent contractor & not a regular employee. Now, we, which includes the neighbors, have all of these tree trimmings all over our yards. I'm soooo upset I could be that stupid. :sad2: Its a BIG mess.

breakfast: peach slices (1/2 peach) 1/2 ham sandwich with lowfat cheese

snack: orange juice

lunch: bean burger on a bun, 2 strawberries & 12 blueberries, grape juice

snack: one fudgesicle

dinner: LC cabbage roll, lowfat milk, fudgesicle

While watching the basketball game last night dh, ds & friends were eating chips, dip, sodas etc. I wanted some too. I ended up having an english muffin with low fat spreadable cheese & cranberry juice. The game was very exciting!!!!

I got in a 70 minute workout today. :sunny: I get sooo bored with the videos. I put on Earth Wind & Fire, got out my step & free weights & worked out. Its amazing how much longer I can workout when I love the music. I alternated weights, dancing, step & exercises. I kept moving so the whole thing would be aerobic.

Workout #2: Bought new cds for my alzheimer residents since I start back next week. Did a bunch of action/dance songs: Hokey Pokey, Achy Brakey Heart, Walkin' on Sunshine etc etc. So got an additional 20 minutes in. 90 minutes total today.

Breakfast: 2 strawberries & LC glazed chix with rice & green beans, OJ
Lunch: 1 turkey sandwich with lowfat cheese & mustard, raw zuchinni, grape juice

We're going out for a cheese/wine tasting tonight. The weekends are always filled with calories!!!

I'm so excited that I lost 1.5 more lbs. :banana:

Breakfast: watermelon, LC sweet & sour chix, OJ

Lunch: Blueberries, ham sandwich on 5 grain Italian bread & lowfat cheese, mustard, Smart Ones Fudge cake

Snack: Fudgesicle

Dinner: LC cabbage rolls, fudgesicle, cranberry juice

I did pretty good last night. I love cheese and wine. I did have some but was careful not to overdo it. Dh & I had a great time. Then we came home & listened to our cd from POFQ. We bought the cd of the guy who performs there W-Sat.

Visited with a neighbor this afternoon but did not eat anything offered. I made sure I wasn't hungry before I left, so I wouldn't be tempted.

No workout but I did scrub my master bathroom, kitchen & office floor as well as did laundry.

Calena, thank you for your post. It seemed like everytime I went to weigh myself the scale was stuck. Ugh! I'm so glad now that I hung in there. 1.5lbs isn't alot but I'll take every ounce I can get!!!!!

Breakfast this morning was a fruit cup of water melon, blueberries & strawberries, OJ & LC Sweet & Sour Chix

Dh & I went to the movies. I put 50cents in the Skittle Machine & got about 12 Skittles. That was my movie theater snack. We saw Cinderella Man. Its an excellent film -very engrossing.

Lunch: LC cabbage rolls

We're invited over to our friends for dinner tonight. I have no idea what they are serving. I ate lunch at 4pm so I wouldn't be starving when I get over there.

Our friends had a raw veggie platter with several types of dips, nachos with several types of hot sauces, pizza and homemade brownies.

Dinner: I took the veggies put hot salsa cheese over them, had two slices of pizza & my big downfall was the brownies. I ate two big slices. They were sooo good. I am a big chocoholic. After dinner they put chocolates out on the table & I kindly asked them to please get rid of them, which they did. I was glad that I at least didn't eat any of the nacho chips. I drank water with my meal - refused the sodas etc. Its so hard when I eat out at other peoples homes or in restaurants. I don't always know what I'm going to be faced with.

Workout: 20 minute walk & 10 minutes on my exercise ball.

Snack at night: 1 English muffin with lowfat cheese
Dh & ds were snacking away & it made me hungry too!

We're supposed to grill out tonight & its pouring down rain/lightening & thundering! As I write, my chix & steak are marinating for fajitas. I hope it stops so we can cook out. I'm making cheeseless fajitas because I love cheese & once I get started I won't quit. I'm going heavy on the onions/peppers/salsa. I've got two kinds of onions: red and vidalia and two kinds of peppers: green & red.

I did a 60 minute workout. 56 minutes of one of the Firm Videos and then I did cardio for 4 minutes so I could just add an hour to my time. If I start trying to add 56 minutes I'll really mess up. The Firm workout is tough. I did Crosstrainer/Firm Cardo. It just about killed me. Towards the end I threw out my step & just did the footwork on the floor. I am going to be very sore tomorrow.

Breakfast: one egg, scrambled with one slice of ham, watermelon:182/8.4

Lunch: LC Thai Chix, fudgesicle: 330/4.5
total for day so far 502 / 12.9

Snack: Grape Juice & lowfat cheese

I did get to grill out this afternoon. I did corn on the cob, chix, fajita meat, onions & peppers. Dh was worn out and so glad that dinner was already made by the time he got home. Usually he does a lot of the grilling.

Dinner: Fajitas - 2 fajitas, 1 corn on the cob with butter, cranberry juice

I stuffed my fajitas with veggies & put just a bit of chix and no cheese on them. Also used lots of salsa & raw tomotoes. I wrapped it in a tomato tortilla.Don't know the calorie count though.

I couldn't believe my mother. I told her what I was fixing for dinner & she smiled at me and said sweetly,"You're just going to make food so good you'll eat it all." And then she stared at me. I couldn't believe it. I know she's upset that I'm so fat but I'm really working hard at this. I have lost 14lbs since January and then she says that. So I explained it was all low calorie, that I wasn't off of my diet. She says this when I'm running her around for her errands & stuff. THen I got to thinking about my brother. He was close to 400lbs. My mom nagged and nagged him. He finally lost all the weight - he doesn't live here - he lives up north, so one visit he was 400lbs and the next visit 180lbs. After I saw him I congratulated him on his weighloss. My mom called me one night when he was out & said she thought that he looked terrible. Then she told me that "he acts like I should be proud of him because he lost the weight. He looks old and haggard." I feel like we just can't win. When I got down to my size 8 before she kept saying that all of her friends said that I'd gain it right back. And you know what she was RIGHT! :sad2:

I'm so worn out from that Firm Workout this a.m.

breakfast: watermelon, LC cabbage rolls, oj

Lunch: ham & lowfat cheese sandwich on 5 grain Italian bread w/mustard, cranberry juice, fudgesicle

snack: fudgesicle

dinner: 2 1/2 brownies, lowfat milk

cranberry juice

I was very sore today after my Firm Workout yesterday. No workout just recovery. I opened up my Netflix dvd today & guess what? Another Firm Workout. I forgot that I'd ordered it. Just what I need.

Hey Jane E. Great job on all the exercise. You are an exercising machine :cool1: !

I've noticed that you eat a lot of veggie burgers. I really like the Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie kind, but I'm kind of scared to try any other ones. Have you got any suggestions?

Keep up the good work! :banana:

Thanks for your comments Zela. As for veggie burgers I like the bean burgers the best. In fact, mine are gone because my daughter in law came over the other day for lunch & she finished them off. I also get the Boca grilled vegetable burgers but they're not my favorite. At 1 gram of fat its a quick way to grab a bite without having to worry about going over my fat grams for the day. I used to love Gardenburgers but I ate them so often I got sick of 'em.

My workout yesterday was 25 minutes of the exercise ball and 25 minutes of cardio. I ended up doing 25 minutes of WATP with 3lb weights for my cardio.
The more I do WATP the more I enjoy it.

Breakfast: Fruit smoothie w/ protein mix
Lunch: vegetarian chili - didn't like it at all, grape juice, celery w/lowfat cheese
Snack: Fruit smoothie w/ protein mix
Dinner: LC chix dinner, grape juice, fudgesicle

Totally forgot I made brownies. Both sons were over & they love brownies. I ate 1 1/2. Its from a mix and its not bad- 1.5 grams of fat per brownie.

I start back to work Saturday, so I stopped by yesterday to see how things were going. I do activities at an Assisted Living Facility. First thing one of my coworkers asked if I'd lost weight. I couldn't believe she could tell the difference. I notice my blue jeans are much more comfy. Before I hated sitting around the house in them because they felt too tight when I was sitting around. Now, I'm actually comfortable in them.

Anyway work was a mess. Things are all disorganized and my new boss quit. She worked long enough to mess everything up in our dept. Can't find anything I need. She was really disorganized. I spent $200 of my own money to update my materials. Either that or I just wouldn't have gone back. I've been offered her position but I won't take it. I can't work full time when I'm already doing business work at home. Plus it is physically demanding & just coming out of hurting my back/hip I can't physically do that work everyday. Right now I'm working every other weekend. Everyone was very helpful and friendly & they wanted me to start back yesterday. Its so nice that they notice & miss the work I do.

Today's Menu:
breakfast: OJ with protein mix and watermelon
Lunch: ham sandwich, lowfat cheese, 5 grain italian bread, mustard & celery
snack: 1 veggie burger no bun with mustard & Vidalia peach salsa, fudgesicle
dinner: LC grilled chix dinner, fudgesicle

Got in my workout for today late - but got it in. 25 minutes total: 10 exercise ball, 10 watp moves & 5 cardio glider. :cheer2:

Hi Jane E! I enjoyed reading your journal. We are very similar in a lot of ways, except you get WAY more exercise - way to go!

Don't let your mother dampen your spirits, you have lost 14 lbs and you aren't crash dieting, you are changing your lifestyle to include healthy foods and exercise! That's great!

I am like you, I lose my mind on the weekends. I can do awesome during the week and totally blow it in 2 days :guilty: But now that I've found this WISH board, I hope I can keep that in check by actually writing down everything I eat and being 100% HONEST about it! I agree with having one splurge meal per week, I just wish I could actually stick to it! My DB and I LOVE going to Outback Happy Hour (2-for-1 martinis and they are SO GOOD!). So basically we go every other weekend (when my kids are at their dad's). We finally stopped eating dinner there, and just have grilled shrimp and a cup of soup w/bread. Of course the 1000 calories of martinis makes up for the lack of food... :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work, you are on the right track! Your fellow weekend splurger - AmyT

Amy, welcome to the Wishboard. Its awesome. I've learned so much coming here - especially about workout programs. I'd never done WATP or The Firm until I read reviews on here about them.

I love the Outback. Dh & I haven't been in awhile. He'd order a seafood dinner & I'd order bread, soup & a Wallabedarned (sp?). Its a frozen drink with peach & champagne among other things. Its so good. I would be absolutely stuffed when I left.

I don't know why I let my mother get me down. She's usually supportive. It just hit a sour note with me.

At least I'm not the only one who struggles with weekends. This one is going to be hard because its so long. On the 4th we have a party to go to. I'm bringing the salad but I may bring along one of my veggie burgers just in case. We're grilling out so my guess is that they'll be having either burgers and /or hotdogs. I may call to find out beforehand. If I've got something I can eat without guilt I'll be less likely to overindulge. Just keep me away from the desserts.

Congrats on getting started, Amy. Now if we can just keep our splurging to one meal instead of the whole weekend, we will succeed. Watch out for those martinis.

Good for you to plan your meal before hand, that is a very successful strategy.

Keep up the great work. Have a terrific 4th of July!

Happy Friday! :sunny: :sunny:

Jane E, Good luck resisting the BBQ goodies! I am the same way - I always say I am going to eat nothing but stuff from the veggie tray or fruit salad, but those cookies and desserts look SO GOOD!!! I think having a hamburger would be OK as long as you don't go overboard on the other things (potato chips, macaroni salad, etc). Or take a chicken breast or a veggie burger, like you suggested. I'm sure your friends will not mind throwing that on the grill for you! I think my plan for the dreaded BBQ situation will be to eat mostly fruits & veggies, stay away from the chips & salsa and have 1/2 piece of 2-3 dessert items. And drink LOTS of water! It all sounds good on paper, I hope it actually works in reality... :)

I am going on a week long vacation starting tomorrow, and I am going to try my best to not make it a week long excuse to eat whatever I want! We can do it, let's break this weekend splurging habit! I will check back in with you when I return. Good luck, I am sending you some extra willpower :wizard:

Thank you Jaynee & Amy for your posts. Jaynee, you've been doing an awesome job. Congrats on being so amazing thru these difficult times. Amy, have fun on your vacation. Wish it were me!

Tonight we ate out at Stonewood Grill. The food is awesome. I had a Cosmopolitan, dh & I split the grilled shrimp (3 apiece with avocado & basil dip) soooo good! We also split a pork tenderloin dinner with a very HOT, spicy sauce that is delicious. Dh was concerned that the waitress brought a bread basket over. I made sure to just eat ONE slice of bread with butter. I told dh I'd give him the entire dinner & appetizer if I coud have the bread basket. NO DEAL. So, one slice of bread, 3 shrimp, & 3 pork tenderloins with Asian Cole Slaw which has no mayonaise. The food is absolutely delicious. We split one appetizer & one dinner & ended up bringing home a doggy bag, which dh will probably get to eat!

My workout today about killed me. Another one of those Firm Workouts. This one I had ordered on Netflix. Its The Firm Body Sculpting: Body Sculpt. It was 45 minutes and I did 30 minutes of yoga. I can only do those Firm Workouts once or twice a week. I can't imagine doing one everyday. I weighed myself and I'm still 166. I want to be 159! I am looking forward to hitting the 150s.

I start back to work tomorrow. I haven't worked since April. My coworkers have been so supportive & wonderful. I'll have to wake up early to finish updating my files, songbooks & trivia files.

Jane E., that food at the Stonewood Grill sounds fantastic. I need to eat there. :teeth:

Your exercise is looking great! :cheer2:

Keep up the good work and don't even worry about the 4th of July. You exercise so much that you'll probably burn it off anyway! :cool1:

Thanks for stopping by Zela. Love your signature - LOL! I love Rachel Rey on the food network. She's fun to watch & any meal that can be made in 30 minutes is my kind of meal.

I messed up so bad this weekend. I came home for lunch so I wouldn't eat the high fat food at work. Then I brought a lowfat dessert back to work to have for snack. Well, that went out the window when I saw the homemade chocolate chip cookies that the cook had just made. Somehow, I lose all sense of reason when I'm around choc chip cookies. 5!!!! Thats how many I scarfed down before reason caught up with me. They were warm & fresh from the oven. Acck!!!! I think I'm going to ask the cooks at work NEVER to make those again when I'm there. I just can't handle it.

Breakfast: LC sweet & sour chix dinner, OJ with protein mix, watermelon
Lunch: LC turkey dinner, 1/2 banana
Snack: 5 chocolate chip cookies
Dinner: split an order of chix nachos with dh plus had 3 cokes (those free refills are dangerous - I didn't realize how much I was drinking)

My work is very active but I didn't do any workout.

OK after eating all of that food I weighed myself today. I couldn't believe that I actually lost 1lb.

Today's menu
Its 1:15 & I haven't eaten yet. I was too scared to eat after that fabulous weekend of food.

lunch: ham & turkey on Italian thinly sliced bread, lowfat cheese & mustard

Have a Happy Holiday, everyone!! :banana:

Hi Jane! Sorry I haven't been here. Looks like you're doing pretty awesome! Keep up the good work...oh and I found a recipe for the Wallabedarned. http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipes/wallaby.htm

Not that I want you to drink...or saying that I drink (which I DON'T!), but looking out for a friend's interest.

Keep it up! Indulge yourself! Happy holiday!

Tigercheer, thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it to save for a special occasion. Thanks!

Today I've got all kinds of errands to do. Took my mom to the dr - then she bought me lunch out. Later I have to run her to pt & ds to the drs.

Breakfast: OJ with protein ( was going to make a smoothie but ds had used the blender & not washed it) 1 banana

Lunch: Fruit plate with tarragon chix salad (not mayonaisy at all), 2/3 small blueberry muffin with butter

I was originally going to do my workout now but since I just ate - can't do it on a full stomach. Next week will be much easier to fit things in. This week is crazy with all of our appointments.

Hi Jane

just wanted to pop in here and say, hey we're all dealing with craziness at some level, so we feel you! ;) take a deep breath, and take time for YOU...you're going to do this!!! JUST KEEP SWIMMING! :teeth:

hugs,
Jen

Thank you, Jen! Its one day at a time! :flower:

Which reminds me I forgot to log in my 4th of July foods. Wonder how I could be so forgetful?

4th of July cookout: veggie burger (which I brought - they had hamburgers & bratwurst to cook out but I knew that was too many fat grams for me - they were very gracious about my veggie burger), baked beans, salad, small amount of potato salad (which I LOVE), Brownies, brownies, brownies (3!) and 3 handfuls of peanut M&MS. I did avoid the chip & dip.

After the cookout we played cards for three hours, went outside & joined up with their neighbors & we took turns setting off fireworks.

Later that night: once we were back home I had a serving of baked beans & 2 chocolate covered strawberries.

back to today
dinner: veggie burger on a bun, baked beans w/ 1/2 slice of bacon, 2 fudgesicles

workout: 40 minutes of circuit training

snack: fudgesicle

Hi Jane

Great Job on food choices on the 4th! My mom grills steaks and hamburgers alot so those veggie burgers have been a life saver for me, too!

Have a great day! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter