Jane E.'s Fitness Journal

Last night I had a chicken breast w/bbq sauce

#1 cereal, nf milk & pinapple
#2 veggie burger, choc covered almonds
#3 chicken breast, chilled asparagus w/ ff dip

Amy, dh doesn't trust me - he HID the rest of the Halloween candy! Good for you for getting rid of it. Thats easier said than done sometimes.

OK, exactly how many chocolate almonds did you buy?!??! Shouldn't they be gone by now?!?!??! Good for your DH hiding the rest of the candy. He should take it to work so you don't have to worry about it! I got rid of our leftovers, but there is still the haul the kids came back with (DS counted 76 items in his, I'm sure DD has that much, if not more :confused3 ).

The rest of your food looks great, keep it up! :cool1:

Just catching up ... yea, I really don't like lizards or snakes. I don't like rodents either, but I know how to set the traps for them. you did really well at your party :thumbsup2 . Too funny DH hid the candy! :rotfl2: Usually I send ours into work with DH, but he left on a biz trip wednesday morning so it is all still here :sad2: . Good job getting exercise in!

My mother is wearing me out!!! I took her to the grocery store and bank on Tuesday. Wednesday morning, when I'm dealing with the septic tank guy, Mom phones and asks me to take her to the bank. She said she had just gotten a check in the mail and wanted to deposit it. I tell her that I can't but I will get her to the bank by the end of the week. Today I took her to the bank. Afterwards I asked if she wanted to go grocery shopping - she said she did not. I took her instead to a discount store. Afterwards, at her house, she was talking to my brother on the phone. I hear her make plans with him to eat out. As I'm leaving she hangs up the phone & then said to me, "What I"m telling YOU is that I need to go grocery shopping." What the heck? I had just offered to take her - she had refused & now she's demanding to go. She didn't want to go today though - but tomorrow. I really can't take her out every single day. We had it worked out where I take her out two times a week and my brother takes her out 2 times a week. - Apparently, its not enough!

Oh Well, enough of my complaining....now I feel bad... but not bad enough to delete it... :rotfl:

The dr on Oprah said if you can cut 100 calories a day you can lose weight. If you cut too many calories you'll mess up your metabolism. Ok thats for me - I should be able to subtract 100 calories a day, but NOT when my neighbor brings over a Greek pizza to help watch me watch Oprah! Can you believe we watched a weightloss show while eating?!? The show was supermotivating. One lady weighed 165 and I think she lost 25lbs in 4 mos. She went from a 14 to an 8. Thats exactly what I want to do! I've tivoed it so I'm going to rewatch it. The same dr will be on Discovery Health tomorrow night with an hour long program.

Amy, you're right - the choc almonds were gone & I bought MORE!! :guilty: (I use this clippie alot more than the others for some reason.) I was hoping you wouldn't notice! Dh could take the Halloween candy to work but since he's self employed it wouldn't get very far. I see that you did a great job of deleting your candy files. Wow, your kids did awesome - 76 pieces of candy for just one kid - I'm impressed. Seriously, thanks for your support and I will get back on track.

Anna, dh really made me mad last night. I asked him to get out the candy because our older son and his wife were over. Our younger son was also home and I thought that it would be a great time to get rid of some of the candy. Dh about had a fit - he wanted to save it for HIMSELF!!! :rotfl: However, I shouldn't tease him because he's 165 and thats pretty good for 5'10". Yikes! I better watch it or I'll end up weighing more than he does! Now thats motivation. And I'm a bad influence because my daughter in law brought over fresh fruit for us to snack on and I get out the Halloween candy. :guilty: :guilty: There I am with the guilty siggie again!

Tough week with your mom. That must be so frustrating. The Oprah show sounds good. Really just cutting 100 calories and she lost 25 lbs? Wow. I'll see if I can find the Discovery Health show for Tivo. Nice try on getting rid of the halloween candy - sorry DH didn't cooperate! :rotfl2: It is good that your DIL was thinking healthy though with the fruit. I know I really need to think more along those lines for snacks, especially.

I think you need to get your mom a little calendar or something she can post all over her house reminding her that you will take her out on x and x days and your brother will take her out on x and x. And unless there is a dire emergency she will just have to wait until one of those days! But I'm sure it's hard to say no to your mom, so you just get to deal with it! :teeth:

I will probably have a whole post filled with :guilty: :guilty: :guilty: when I come back from my cruise! :lmao:

My DH also weighs 160-165 and I am so paranoid that I will weigh more than him one day! That would be a bad thing...

Get rid of those chocolate almonds!!!

I'll chat with you when I get back!!! :wave2:

Oh dear, your mom is truly wearing you out!! I don't have any helpful suggestions other than grin and bear it, and try to get her to realize there is a set system. Maybe like Amy said, some kind of chart or notes or SOMETHING. Good luck.

Sorry about DH and the candy. Tell him its his and you don't want to see it anymore!! :rotfl:

Have a good weekend! :sunny:

#1 cereal, nf milk, fresh pineapple, oj
#2 a bowl of cheesy brocolli soup (Mom took me out to eat.)
#3 slice of homemade pizza: alfredo sauce, chicken, onion, artichoke hearts
some mini snickers

Anna, the doctor on Oprah's show stressed cutting 100 calories a day &, they had their subject walk 30 minutes a day. The difference was amazing. I'm going to try to rewatch the program - there's also other before & after stories. I've tivoed the show on Discovery Health channel - I think its on at 10pm tonight. The diet they promote is out in book form.

Amy, Mom does have a calendar. She's usually pretty good about sticking with it but not always. The funny thing is when I went over to her house today she asked me WHY we were going. I reminded her that she told me yesterday she wanted groceries.

Kate, Mom can be a handful but I know it must be scary for her too. Today when we were leaving the grocery store the clerk handed her the receipt. Mom asked if she would be in trouble if she exited the store without it. The clerk replied, "only if you don't have a receipt and your groceries aren't bagged!" She's so afraid and double and triple checks everything!

This weekend was so busy I can barely remember what I ate! I did walk every single day.
Saturday: 30 minutes, 10 minutes of yoga
Sunday: 25 minutes
Monday: 35 minutes

I need to get in some more weight training & biking. I've been bugging dh to take my kayaking. Don't know if it would bother my back but I'd love to try it.

Saturday was pretty basic: cereal, nf milk, pineapple; grilled chix, trail mix; nachos, sprite

Sunday we had a football potluck to go to. Tampa Bay lost! :sad2: There was lots of bad food. I filled up on the appetizers. We were there for about 6 hours so I didn't do that badly. My rear end hurt from sitting so long. After the game several of us went on a walk.

#1 2 mimosas, fresh pineapple, cereal, nf milk
#2 nachos, veggies & 3 different dips, 1/2 sloppy joe, baked beans, 2 T of potato salad, 2 margaritas
#3 fruit & cheese plate

Today
#1 cereal, nf milk
#2 baked potato w/cheese & sour cream
#3 chicken breast w/bbq sauce

Thats it so far. The diet doctors who were on Oprah stressed eating the same food for breakfast and lunch everyday. They said we have way too many choices.

We're supposed to be leaving for Disney tomorrow morning but dh has so much work we're not sure if we'll be able to go or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was really looking forward to this minitrip. Poor dh is put in the middle on this one.

#1 cereal, slivered almonds, nf milk
#2 pb&j sandwich, banana
#3 baked potato w/ cheese
#4 baked potato w/sour cream

I didn't walk today since we're supposed to go to Disney tomorrow. We always do a ton of walking there & I don't want sore feet tomorrow.

We made it back from the F&W festival. My favorite is still the ice wine and cheese soup in Canada. We saw Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes - the group is awesome. I was sad to see that Morrocco no longer carries my Domaine St Michelle. They sold it for $6 a glass and I always had several during Mo'Roccans concerts. This time I was able to get some sparkling wine with pomegranite juice from France but that booth won't be there next time we go. I'm really missin' the sparkling wine from Morrocco. I ate alot, walked alot & probably weigh alot.

Because of the upcoming holidays I'm working alot more at my Alzheimer's activities job. I'm working for them this week plus I have to keep up with our company. I've had such an awesome time on this board. Now, if I could just do what I know.

Wow, you went to the F&W festival AGAIN?!?!??!??!?! Must be nice! I tried ice wine once, very good! I bet the sparkling wine with pomegranate was yummy! I'll have to try that!

I am unwittingly following the diet Dr's advice. I have been eating the same couple things for breakfast and lunch for months!!! I need to break out of the rut...

May I come live where you live????? I'd LOVE to take a weekend trip to WDW whenever possible. Glad you had fun at the F&W festival. It's one of my favourite time of year to go there. Hopefully your walking will compensate for any extra calories eaten. That's what I always hold onto when I'm eatin' at Disney! Have a great week!

Sounds like the F&W festival was great. The pomegranate juice combo sounds really good. Glad you got your weekend trip in.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week and the holiday season is here already! You are good to do so much with the ALz job. Try and keep on track with your food, as much as any of us can, and your walking will help compensate for the other stuff. Have a great rest of the week! :sunny:

Hi there!!

Sounds like busy times for you, but fun too!

Have a nice Thanksgiving if I don't "see" you again before then, and knowing how sporadic my posting has been, that's entirely possible! :sunny:

Jane E. said:
I've had such an awesome time on this board. Now, if I could just do what I know.

I am hoping this isn't a farewell statment! I am assuming you are just extra busy this week with work and don't have time to post. Come back Jane, we miss you!!!

Happy Holidays Jane!

I hope you come back after the holiday season and things settle down. we miss you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter