Anneboleyn, 3rd - 8th, Jambo House

Bfmily5, 3rd - 10th, AKL

MaryLovesPoohBear, 9th - 14th, AKL

Somnia, 9th - 15th, Kidani

BaymaxForever, 14th - 22nd, Jambo

TandCmum, 15th - , AKL

Windcriesamy, 15th - 20th, AKV Kidani

Lewdannie, 22nd - 24th, AKV Jambo

Missing AKL like crazy :( we won't be returning next year, booked a bounce back offer at POP. going from Deluxe back to value hurts :worried:

September

Margievis, Aug 31st - 4th, AKL

Anneboleyn, 3rd - 8th, Jambo House

Bfmily5, 3rd - 10th, AKL

MaryLovesPoohBear, 9th - 14th, AKL

Somnia, 9th - 15th, Kidani

BaymaxForever, 14th - 22nd, Jambo

TandCmum, 15th - , AKL

Windcriesamy, 15th - 20th, AKV Kidani

Lewdannie, 22nd - 24th, AKV Jambo

My September trip has been canceled sadly. I've had some personal stuff come up that I need to help family with so I am waiting till next year to go back. :(

Over a full year between trips is going to hurt!

My September trip has been canceled sadly. I've had some personal stuff come up that I need to help family with so I am waiting till next year to go back. :(

Over a full year between trips is going to hurt!

I understand.

We were supposed to be at WDW earlier this month, to celebrate our daughter's birthday. 4 weeks before - literally right after New Years - I was in an accident, and basically broke the right side of my body. We cancelled the trip while I was lying in the ER because we knew there was no way we were going to be able to go.

Fast forward to this week, and I started physical therapy, and got my medical clearance to travel - so the trip is back on, for April! And we will staying at AKL, and I can't wait. I am so happy right now that even all of the aches and pains from PT don't phase me one bit!

Hang in there - sometimes things work out, and you get a little Pixie Dust in real life! I'll be holding a happy thought for you!

Missing AKL like crazy :( we won't be returning next year, booked a bounce back offer at POP. going from Deluxe back to value hurts :worried:
I will learn your pain my daughter has informed me that after our 10 day stay at AKL in June for our 2021 trip we will be staying at Pop for 14 days with the deluxe meal plan. She is already planning ADR's.

I will learn your pain my daughter has informed me that after our 10 day stay at AKL in June for our 2021 trip we will be staying at Pop for 14 days with the deluxe meal plan. She is already planning ADR's.

WOW! I would die to go 14 days!!

I'm looking at a stay at Jambo House in a Studio Villa. But maps just keep showing me AKL. Is Jambo part of the actual Lodge? If so then were are those room located?

Thanks!

I'm looking at a stay at Jambo House in a Studio Villa. But maps just keep showing me AKL. Is Jambo part of the actual Lodge? If so then were are those room located?

Thanks!

Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo house has DVC villas on the 5th and 6th floors, the remaining rooms are regular (non-DVC villa) rooms.

I am helping a friend plan her disney vacation. She says she has booked Wanyama Safari. I hadn't heard of it so googled it. Most of the info I read was very limited and lots said you had to be staying at AKL...which she isn't. I did read in one place that that had changed. I was hoping that someone here could give me more information on this. Thank you

I was did the safari earlier this month and thought it was wonderful! The safari goes through Jambo and Kidani and is very informative. It's awesome getting so close to the animals. The dinner was fantastic! It is served family style with your safari group (no more than 12 people) and it started with a mixed drink and bread. Then a white wine and appetizers. Next was a red wine with the dinner. And then a dessert wine with dessert. The servings of wine were really good and they even refill your glass! My appetizer/dessert option was different than the rest of my group because i don't eat beef/pork/gelatin but dinner was chicken, i believe steak - it might have been pork, fish, mac and cheese, i think a rice pilaf and something else. The food was wonderful! I would do this safari again in a heartbeat!

Are the animals lodged somewhere at night or are they truly at “home” in the savannah area? May be a silly question, just a random thought I had today!

I was did the safari earlier this month and thought it was wonderful! The safari goes through Jambo and Kidani and is very informative. It's awesome getting so close to the animals. The dinner was fantastic! It is served family style with your safari group (no more than 12 people) and it started with a mixed drink and bread. Then a white wine and appetizers. Next was a red wine with the dinner. And then a dessert wine with dessert. The servings of wine were really good and they even refill your glass! My appetizer/dessert option was different than the rest of my group because i don't eat beef/pork/gelatin but dinner was chicken, i believe steak - it might have been pork, fish, mac and cheese, i think a rice pilaf and something else. The food was wonderful! I would do this safari again in a heartbeat!
Thank you so much. I assume you weren't staying at AKL?

Are the animals lodged somewhere at night or are they truly at “home” in the savannah area? May be a silly question, just a random thought I had today!
They stay on the savannas at night. In fact I love seeing Giraffe silently glide by at night. Each morning the animals go to their barns for about 1 - 1&1/2 hours but then are let out after hubandry finishes their checks, supplemental feeding, medications if needed, etc.. Some animals, like the red river hogs during really cold weather, or females about to give birth, may be housed elsewhere at times.

So we are here at Jambo right now. It’s DH and I and we decided to take a trip alone because we haven’t had one since our honeymoon 16 years ago. We are missing our kids like crazy but we are having a fantastic time. AKL is a great resort. Our room is nice, though it would have been nice to have a king bed. We absolutely LOVE Victoria Falls lounge. Every night we have come back from the parks and had some great conversation in that fabulous ambience. We eat at Jiko tomorrow night and I’m excited about that. We would love to stay here again but we have 3 kids so that makes it hard. This was absolutely the perfect resort for the recharge we so desperately needed. AKL will definitely hold a special place in my heart.

What kind of blankets are on the beds? Is it just thin sheets or is there something thicker/heavier? I can't fall asleep unless I have something warm and heavy. Debating whether I should bring my own.

What kind of blankets are on the beds? Is it just thin sheets or is there something thicker/heavier? I can't fall asleep unless I have something warm and heavy. Debating whether I should bring my own.
It’s two sheets with one of the thin velour type blankets in the middle of them. It was plenty warm for me but I wouldn’t necessarily call them heavy.

Going solo for 2 days in Sept and considering staying here. Does anyone thing the Savanna view is worth an extra 140$ a night? Won't be in the room much other than to shower and sleep.

Going solo for 2 days in Sept and considering staying here. Does anyone thing the Savanna view is worth an extra 140$ a night? Won't be in the room much other than to shower and sleep.

There are plenty of public viewing areas at both Jambo and Kidani. We hang out in our room a lot so we always book savanna view, if we weren't going to be in our room a lot we would likely just book standard view, to us, AKL is worth it either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter