Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

How bad is a connecting room for sound? I have a standard studio booked and looking at touring plans, the one's in that category with the best views are connecting. My husband can be a light sleeper but if the connecting room will still act as a fair sound barrier we can keep the request we have in now.

How bad is a connecting room for sound? I have a standard studio booked and looking at touring plans, the one's in that category with the best views are connecting. My husband can be a light sleeper but if the connecting room will still act as a fair sound barrier we can keep the request we have in now.

It all depends on your neighbors. We've had connecting doors with people next door and never heard a single sound. And we've also had connecting doors with neighbors who have no idea what an inside voice is.

How far our are the value studios all gone when booking DVC? If I am renting points are they an 11 month priority?

How far our are the value studios all gone when booking DVC? If I am renting points are they an 11 month priority?

I haven’t booked one myself, but I’ve seen people say the value studios and club rooms both go right at 11 months, and they’re very hard to get! Good luck if you try!

There are very few value studios at AKV Jambo and they book very fast. For example right now is 11 month priority for Jan. which still has a block of 4 midweek nights in the middle of the month, Dec., which has about 3 isolated single nights, Nov. which has midweek 3 nights together, Oct. & Sept. are totally booked. I didn’t see any open nights between now and August, although availability can change as people change their plans.
I wouldn’t budget assuming you’ll get a value studio because even most owners aren’t able to book them trying the second the 11 month window opens. You might get lucky, but odds are you won’t.

Very high priority! My DH and I just booked our November trip a week or so ago (so 9 months in advance) and the only rooms available at AKL were Savannah view. For reference Savannah view and Saratoga Springs were all that was available period. The Values go fast also because I don't think there are a lot of them. If you want one, attempt to book the day you are able to.

So excited! Today we upgraded from POR to AKL! This will be my second AKL stay, but my DFi's first. I have no doubt he'll love this resort as much as I do... in fact, I'd bet the farm that this will be his favorite! He loves AK park and so I think he will be amazed at AKL!

We'll be celebrating our honeymoon, arriving May 30th and departing June 10th. Our wedding is May 12th, so we'll be happy to have a couple weeks between the wedding and the trip. But 11 Nights at AKL! I still can't believe it!
our resort was always POFQ since it opened.. well we had 1 stay at animal kingdom lodge and we were hooked. last dec we stayed 11 nights it was so cold it ruined alot of our plans though....we have stayed 2 times and are doing it 1 more time this december. Its quite a hefty price, not sure what we will do after this trip.. maybe every other year so we can stay in AKL all the time.. theres no going back to POFQ now i like the ammenities of a deluxe..and that savannah view is amazing

Can anyone tell me which wing you would stay in at Jambo when booking DVC studios? Also handicapped accessible if possible. How long is the walk from the end of the hotel to the bus stop? What is the difference between Jambo and Kidani? Looking to maybe stay here at some point this year. Thanks.
i think most of the rooms dvc are at kidani.. i am handicapped to and looked into buying DVC at AKL and now looking into renting next years but they were mostly in kidani

I am helping a friend plan her disney vacation. She says she has booked Wanyama Safari. I hadn't heard of it so googled it. Most of the info I read was very limited and lots said you had to be staying at AKL...which she isn't. I did read in one place that that had changed. I was hoping that someone here could give me more information on this. Thank you

I apologize for such mundane questions, but does the Johari gift shop cold box have frozen meals, yogurt, etc., since Kidani is a DVC resort, or is it pretty basic?

Also, since Sanaa has breakfast options now, do they have anything you can just grab, pay, and go, or is it made to order items?

I am helping a friend plan her disney vacation. She says she has booked Wanyama Safari. I hadn't heard of it so googled it. Most of the info I read was very limited and lots said you had to be staying at AKL...which she isn't. I did read in one place that that had changed. I was hoping that someone here could give me more information on this. Thank you
I had asked about this previously in the thread. The safari was previously only available to AKL guests, but it is now open to everyone!

I apologize for such mundane questions, but does the Johari gift shop cold box have frozen meals, yogurt, etc., since Kidani is a DVC resort, or is it pretty basic?

Also, since Sanaa has breakfast options now, do they have anything you can just grab, pay, and go, or is it made to order items?

I believe that Kidani has some frozen meals, yogurt etc. but I have not personally purchased anything there so not 100% sure. If you walk to the shop in Jambo they certainly have options you could stock up on.

Sanaa has both grab and go and cooked items.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/sanaa/menus/breakfast/

Hi! I am off to AKL for the first time in two days, very excited. We are staying in a standard room, not DVC. Do we have access to both pools? I have not been able to find the answer in this thread. Searching Samawati returns 0 results. Also tried the Google but I am not getting any luck. Thanks!

Hi! I am off to AKL for the first time in two days, very excited. We are staying in a standard room, not DVC. Do we have access to both pools? I have not been able to find the answer in this thread. Searching Samawati returns 0 results. Also tried the Google but I am not getting any luck. Thanks!
Yes you do have access to both pools. There's a shuttle that runs between the two (catch right outside the lobbies rather than the bus stops) or all park buses stop Kidani then Jambo (verify when you board) all Disney Springs buses stop Jambo then Kidani (again verify when you board) or it's a 10 minute walk between the 2.

Yes you do have access to both pools. There's a shuttle that runs between the two (catch right outside the lobbies rather than the bus stops) or all park buses stop Kidani then Jambo (verify when you board) all Disney Springs buses stop Jambo then Kidani (again verify when you board) or it's a 10 minute walk between the 2.

Thanks so much @sndral ! Much appreciated.

Hello AKL Experts! We are new to this resort. Coming in Sept 3-10 and sooooo excited!! I feel a little out of my element as I know NOTHING about what to request, room locations, pool etc. Starting my research now and here! We have booked a standard room, so if I am reading correctly we will be in Jambo house? Any tips, room location wise? Also does anyone know the pool hours, and are there hot tubs? Than you! So excited for our first deluxe stay!
September

Margievis, Aug 31st - 4th, AKL

Anneboleyn, 3rd - 8th, Jambo House

Bfmily5, 3rd - 10th, AKL

MaryLovesPoohBear, 9th - 14th, AKL

Somnia, 9th - 15th, Kidani

TandCmum, 15th - , AKL

Windcriesamy, 15th - 20th, AKV Kidani

Lewdannie, 22nd - 24th, AKV Jambo

LeahA-June 1-8-Jambo House
June

Disnmooner2013, May 30th - 5th, AKL CL

RedsDrew, May 30th - 10th, AKL (Honeymoon)

LeahA, 1st - 8th, Jambo

Corn princess, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Bwbuddy5, 3rd - 9th, Kidani

Ekendall2, 3rd - 9th, Jambo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter