Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Has anyone used the room service for breakfast? And I saw above someone mentioned Sanaa does quick service breakfast now? Is this true? We have one night in a Savannah room, I want to maximize our time in there and not have to go to Jambo for breakfast if we can avoid it!

Yes, Sanaa has been doing QS breakfast for a while now. They have grab and go items, as well as prepared items. You can either get your food packaged to go, or you can sit at the tables in the restaurant and eat there. We ate there for breakfast every morning for almost a week in Nov 2016 and really enjoyed the option. The only thing I noted though was that the prepared items seemed to take a little longer than the normal QS turnover such as The Mara, but it wasn't terribly long. I have never used room service for breakfast so I can't help with that.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/sanaa/menus/breakfast/

How much better would you guys say AKL is to all the mod resorts ?

I would love to stay there but struggling with the extras costs involved to go there

If it wasn't for my decision to buy an AP I'd still be staying at CSR. Otherwise the difference cost wise would have been too great. Can't say I haven't enjoyed staying at the moderates though. It all depends on what you're planning to do on your trip. I'm taking the opportunity to eat a lot of my meals at AKL this trip. Very excited about that!

I would love to stay there but struggling with the extras costs involved to go there

SO much better. I don't see a ton of value in mod over value, but if it's in the budget I would go with Deluxe every time.

SO much better. I don't see a ton of value in mod over value, but if it's in the budget I would go with Deluxe every time.

Mod is better than value for us. Cos the offer in UK gets you free dinning if you book a mod. As where if I booked a value I would only get free breakfast

Staying Next weekend for our son's 5th birthday. We are staying in a Savannah View, we have NEVER stayed at this resort. All of us, are freaking out with excitement. I want to request the best room ever. I mean, I am sure I am the first person who has ever wanted the best room:) :).
What are the best rooms? are they first floor? is there such a room? HELP!! The last couple of times we have stayed on property, because of location, service, etc...etc....we walk away questioning another resort stay. My husband is ready to go to the nearest hilton.
opinions with past stays are appreciated!!
Thanks Dis'ers, you all are the best

We usually stay Mod, but did a few nights value just to try it out and wow...I really saw the difference! The room was way smaller, the shampoo was 2 in 1 which I didn't expect or like,,,,no hot tub at the pool, no quiet pools open later, no covered bus stop... IDK...Maybe I ruined myself by staying moderate and here I go deluxe for the first time - I'll be totally ruined I think

What are the best rooms? are they first floor? is there such a room? HELP!! The last couple of times we have stayed on property, because of location, service, etc...etc....we walk away questioning another resort stay. My husband is ready to go to the nearest hilton.
....yes, there ARE 1st floor rooms, but remember, you are at the same level as the animals, so you really won't be able to look out over any of the savannahs.....personally, I prefer the 3rd floor, which is also lobby level...

....yes, there ARE 1st floor rooms, but remember, you are at the same level as the animals, so you really won't be able to look out over any of the savannahs.....personally, I prefer the 3rd floor, which is also lobby level...
thank you, lobby floor sounds great

thank you, lobby floor sounds great
...please consider what you booked [savannah view, pool view, std view, etc.] and who will be in the room....small children? Adults only? Light sleepers?

Staying Next weekend for our son's 5th birthday. We are staying in a Savannah View, we have NEVER stayed at this resort. All of us, are freaking out with excitement. I want to request the best room ever. I mean, I am sure I am the first person who has ever wanted the best room:) :).

If I were you I would request a view of the Arusha Savanna. It's the big Savanna in the "middle of the horseshoe" of the lodge, where the main overlook looks out onto. The animals there are the ones I think everyone looks forward to seeing most (giraffe and zebra among many others). I personally would also request to be near the lobby. The hallways at AKL are fairly long and I like to be near the action. I think AKL is my favorite all-around resort, I find myself returning time and time again. The dining and pool are simply fabulous and the ambiance can't be experienced anywhere else in America, as far as I know. I think you will really enjoy this stay and hopefully it's far better than a Hilton.

...please consider what you booked [savannah view, pool view, std view, etc.] and who will be in the room....small children? Adults only? Light sleepers?
1 very light sleeper
2 kids, soon to be 5 and 12 years old. Our 5 year old LOVES animals and loves action.

Normally I'd say Meh, but not here....By far it's worth it.....So much to do & see...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm Study this map to get a sense of the lay of the land at AKL Jambo. Ground floor rooms are few and far between - they are the ones numbered 1XXX and are located in the second pod on Giraffe trail (and no savanna views there) and the first bump out of rooms on Zebra trail.
I agree that for convenience in a savanna view room 3rd floor at the same level as the lobby is a great choice. Plus that puts you near eye level w/ the giraffes, so pretty cool.
Zebra trail is on the same side as the pool and Mara (the quick service restaurant) so the 'best' view for a first timer IMO is on Zebra trail with a view of Arusha savanna on the 3rd floor 1/3 to midway down the trail near the elevators which gives you easy access to the pool and Mara.
If you don't end up there, though, each of the savannas at Jambo have something great about them. They all have giraffes and zebras, Aruaha is the central savanna and due to it's shape appears larger than Uzima savanna (although they are the same size,) I personally have had the most animal sightings from an Uzima 'people pen' room because they animals just hung out near it :) Sunset is the largest savanna and has the most zebras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter