It's Showtime! September 2023 Exercise Challenge

Here's a rehearsal pic of some of the puppets used in the Frozen stage show aboard the Wonder. I'm not really a Frozen person (altho I saw the Frozen sing-along at DHS four times while I was there, so maybe I am?), but I loved this production:

View attachment 797708

Woop woop... +60 minutes for steps and arms

1355/1350... 100%
Great photo! I really love the puppets! I've watched bootlegs of all the Disney cruise ship shows on youtube, and they make me want to take a cruise on every ship just to see the shows.

Before we say goodbye to Frozen, here's one article highlighting the differences between the movie and the musical and one article with some fun facts about the show.

Disney Theatrical has a few other non-Broadway productions that I'd like to see:
- Pinocchio - enjoyed a brief run in a single theatre in London
- The Jungle Book - played in Chicago and Boston but is being reworked; maybe we'll eventually see it on Broadway one day
- Hercules - had a great cast when it debuted for about a week at an outdoor theatre in NYC. It later played for a month at the Paper Mill in NJ this past spring. Again, maybe this one has a chance at returning to a larger audience one day.
- Winnie the Pooh - has had a couple of limited runs - one off-Broadway, and one in Chicago.

An upcoming show that is still in the works is Coco! I can imagine this one being visually stunning, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this one makes it.

And three shows that were in the works at some point but ended up getting scrapped were:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Father of the Bride
- The Princess Bride

Are there any musicals Disney hasn't produced yet that you'd like to see make it to Broadway or a theatre near you? I have three: Tangled, Princess and the Frog, and Encanto.

Last edited:

I'm leaving you with a fun quiz to finish out the month:

https://playbill.com/article/which-disney-stage-musical-are-you

Apparently I am
1696133975451.png
Beauty and the Beast
When it comes to Disney stage musicals, it doesn’t get better than the first; you’re Beauty and the Beast, the one that started it all! Attacking life with plucky confidence, you’ve seen the transformative power of love first hand. Whether reading a book or journeying along the path less taken, you’ve got an adventurous spirit that will make your life an exciting and full one.

Be sure to share your own results!

And also remember to post any last minute minutes you've accrued. I'll be back in a few days to tally them up and close out the month. Thanks for being here this month! Great job, everyone! I'll see you all in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter