It's all smooth sailing from here... right? ALL DONE AND NEW TR LINK UP

Anxiuosly waiting for the next update !!!:coffee:
:welcome: Working on it... :rolleyes1

Hi Pat! :wave2: Thanks for the head ups! I haven't been dising like I should. So glad to be here from the beginning and hopefully I can keep.

I hate traffic delays when all you want to do is get to Disney. Glad you made and looking forward to all your adventures.

Hope you feeling better with your shoulder!

:welcome: I am glad you found some DIS time. I am limited on what I can do lately but I am trying to get better.

Shoulder is doing good, at least according to the therapist. Now I have undo some compensating habits I have had for about 30 years. :rolleyes:

I'm here! Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad you could make it over.

Title: Time to start the Celebrating

So I left you at the entrance to WDW. The side entrance if you will.
I was heading here:

Not a clue where that is? Here is one more.

Can't quite put your finger on it? One more,but it may not help.

By now you have given up and just will scroll past or you got it.

That's right DTD was the destination. I was HUNGRY. A stop at Earl's was in order. I also had a shopping stop I had to make in the pin shop.

So there is construction going on at DTD but basically I followed some trucks in the entrance and around a cone or two and voila I was able to find a parking spot near where I took the picture.

I have had some trouble getting the special limited edition holiday pins in years past. Disney used to release those pins on the actual holiday but the last time I was there over New years they were gone by and when I asked they said they were put out earlier in the week. :headache:

I was going to the Pin Traders at DTD to get that out of the way first.

Then it was on to Earl's. I always get the original, sometimes sauce on the side. This way if I can regulate since more times than not soybean oil is used those sauces and well I shoudn't have soy.

While waiting in line, it stretched from one entrance to the other but as usual it moved fast. I saw a precious site.

Santa grandpa Goofy. I will say he wore it well. No pictures of my sammie since we all know Earls is a bit chaotic and at 4pm the place was packed.

Tummy full and shopping taken care of it was time to get to a park.
Walking back to the car I noticed more holiday touches.

Then I looked over and saw a wide open space that seemed new.

Dang umbrella- Let me get a better shot.

Looks like Captain Jacks is completely gone. :eek:
Curious to see what happens there.

Back to the car and out on BVB. Buena Vista Blvd.
The start of the parking deck.

Even Cirque de Soleil is in the holiday spirit.

Where was I heading? A couple of hints....

Next time - Finally a park and exactly how long do I stay?

Anxious to see DTD and what is being done there. It has been over a year since we have been to WDW! :scared1:

Aww, love me some Earl!

Love the guy in his Santa Goofy ears.

Anxious to see DTD and what is being done there. It has been over a year since we have been to WDW! :scared1:

Aww, love me some Earl!

Love the guy in his Santa Goofy ears.

Right now it is lots of walls and construction. The Marketplace is not too bad but as you get to what was Pleasure Island - wall city

Just some more construction pains while we wait for the "The Springs" to emerge.

I lucked out with parking- that is a nightmare right now. :scared1:

Definitely looks different in DTD. Getting pictures down there was on my December list, but if there were just a bunch of walls, that eases my pain a bit. ;) I will get some in July, and maybe by then we'll be able to see some real hint of what things are going to look like.

Did you happen to see Jill's picture of an empty Earl's on NYE afternoon? I think she said it was around 4. For whatever reason, they decided not to do 'Ohana, which I didn't know until after the fact. I wish they would have gone on, but they ended up in DTD eating with Earl instead and calling it an early night.

I noticed short sleeves in DTD. I remember you saying it was either warm, but over cast or cold, yet sunny off and on that week. I think that was the day the girls ended up swimming over at Boardwalk, since Trent and Brandi were staying there.

Don't work too hard. I am in the thick of working on IEPs and getting ready for my second observation, so I'm bogged down, as well. Coming here to get a dose of Disney in pictures and stories is a nice treat. :)

I am very curious about all the DTD construction as well. I haven't really come across a good article or update on it, although I'm sure there's got to be something out there.

Love that Cirque is decorated for the holidays.

Cool pics!

It will be interesting for sure to see what DTD comes out of this refurb looking like. I'm excited to see.
Mmmmm earls! I could go for a Sammie from there, it's been way to long!
Love the NYE pin!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Nice update! I knew exactly where you were........... from the very second I saw the snowman picture with the Festival of the Seasons sign that had Downtown Disney at the bottom! :rotfl2:

And I agree about being at Disney over a holiday and looking for the special pin, only to find they are already gone days before the holiday because they chose to put them out early for those who end up not being there on the actual holiday! :mad: Same for "special event" pins. :headache: Glad you were able to look for them early and actually find them this time! :thumbsup2

Mmmmm, Earl's is such a yummy way to start your trip! :goodvibes Love the Grandpa Santa Goofy picture! :goofy:

Wow there are a lot of construction/changes going on at DTD! :faint:

So funny to see all of the "wintery" scenes and decorations with everyone in shorts and t-shirts. :rotfl:

Definitely looks different in DTD. Getting pictures down there was on my December list, but if there were just a bunch of walls, that eases my pain a bit. ;) I will get some in July, and maybe by then we'll be able to see some real hint of what things are going to look like.

I am glad I could ease your pain. I thought I got some pictures of the Santa meet and greet area. IT had a Frozen theme to it but maybe it was another night? I guess I will find out if I find pictures later. :confused3

Back in October when I was heading to Raglan Road it was a mess- Just walls and not really appealing. I hope it starts looking like something "NEW" soon. :goodvibes

Did you happen to see Jill's picture of an empty Earl's on NYE afternoon? I think she said it was around 4. For whatever reason, they decided not to do 'Ohana, which I didn't know until after the fact. I wish they would have gone on, but they ended up in DTD eating with Earl instead and calling it an early night.

I think I did see that. Complete opposite on this afternoon. But as usual the line moved fast for how long it was.

I noticed short sleeves in DTD. I remember you saying it was either warm, but over cast or cold, yet sunny off and on that week. I think that was the day the girls ended up swimming over at Boardwalk, since Trent and Brandi were staying there.

One of the few days short sleeves and shorts were going to work. I never did near a pool that trip. :sad2:

Don't work too hard. I am in the thick of working on IEPs and getting ready for my second observation, so I'm bogged down, as well. Coming here to get a dose of Disney in pictures and stories is a nice treat. :)

I keep wishing for a snow day but get thwarted every time. Today we closed at 2 to the public but the HR "Chief of staff" .... HR director decided it wasn't bad enough and the County would operate normally until 5.

I left a bit early 4:30pm( I am salary so after I sent staff home at 2 and finished up what I had to do I was done.) I hear we will open at 10 tomorrow!!! Really don't they see the forecast. Schools are already out and the governor is asking people not to travel. Then why the heck do we have to go out and put our staff at risk to open a building no one will visit? UGH.
I really hope the weather and the power that makes the silly decisions actually communicate and make the safe decision.

I work again this weekend, a meet weekend. The college meet originally scheduled for Wed- Sat Is now Fri- Sun, so longer hours for me on Sunday. :sad1: Hopefully we will have heat and my only issue will be having to be there for all that time. Looking at a "half "day of at least 6 hours on Friday and 15 hours Sat and Sun. Almost a full work week in 3 days. No day off until next Friday.... No wonder I am crabby. :lmao:

I am very curious about all the DTD construction as well. I haven't really come across a good article or update on it, although I'm sure there's got to be something out there.

Love that Cirque is decorated for the holidays.

Cool pics!

I am curious how it will all shake out. If anyone can figure it out Disney can.

I though the wreath was a nice touch.

It will be interesting for sure to see what DTD comes out of this refurb looking like. I'm excited to see.
Mmmmm earls! I could go for a Sammie from there, it's been way to long!
Love the NYE pin!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am excited to see something new there that gives more options than just shops.

I wish I had an Earl's close by. I am glad I scored that pin. THose can be tough to find sometimes.

Nice update! I knew exactly where you were........... from the very second I saw the snowman picture with the Festival of the Seasons sign that had Downtown Disney at the bottom! :rotfl2:

I wasn't sure how well someone could see that. :lmao:

And I agree about being at Disney over a holiday and looking for the special pin, only to find they are already gone days before the holiday because they chose to put them out early for those who end up not being there on the actual holiday! :mad: Same for "special event" pins. :headache: Glad you were able to look for them early and actually find them this time! :thumbsup2

Priority one was to get that pin before they were gone. Never even got one of the gingerbread house pins from the resorts. Not one to be had.... Not one. :mad:

Mmmmm, Earl's is such a yummy way to start your trip! :goodvibes Love the Grandpa Santa Goofy picture! :goofy:

Never had a bad sandwich at Earl's- I always get the same thing...:rolleyes: Even the breakfast sandwiches are good. It is the bread. :thumbsup2

Wow there are a lot of construction/changes going on at DTD! :faint:

So funny to see all of the "wintery" scenes and decorations with everyone in shorts and t-shirts. :rotfl:

You would almost thing the volcano is new since Captain Jacks is gone and does not block it anymore. ;)

It is funny to see holiday decorations and shorts and short sleeves. :lmao: But I am not opposed to it.

Wonderful update! :)

Thanks!

I love how they decorate DTD for the holidays...it is very festive.

I'm glad you were able to find your pin, and then have a yummy dinner at Earl's :)

I knew Captain Jack's was closed, I didn't know it was being taken down.

Oh...you are off to Epcot. I can't wait to see what you do there.

***In case you haven't gotten back to your previous TR, I posted a picture to prove we met.

I love how they decorate DTD for the holidays...it is very festive.

I'm glad you were able to find your pin, and then have a yummy dinner at Earl's :)

I knew Captain Jack's was closed, I didn't know it was being taken down.

Oh...you are off to Epcot. I can't wait to see what you do there.

***In case you haven't gotten back to your previous TR, I posted a picture to prove we met.

DTD did a good job but there are still some resorts I like better. :rolleyes:

I also knew Captain Jacks closed. I have made and cancelled a few reservations there. :scratchin
Yup I was heading to EPCOT.

**** Love the picture. Can't wait to to have a better one to post. :rolleyes1 Our paths will cross again soon I hope.

wow there are alot of changes going on at DTD wonder what it will be like when i get there later this year.

wow there are alot of changes going on at DTD wonder what it will be like when i get there later this year.

I hope to see progress too. :) Marketplace is pretty much the same but Pleasure Island is a mess and West Side is just on the other side of the earth it seems with no real way to go between.
The parking is what makes it a nightmare.

SNOW UPDATE- We don't get it often, in fact it has been 10 years but...

We got 1-2 inches of snow that stuck to bushes and grass Tuesday. We closed building at 2 but HR said we were operating normally until 5. Really?!?!?! :confused3
Then 5-6 inches of snow Wednesday. The overnight sleet, freezing rain and maybe more snow.

Calling for one last band of 1-2 inches to top it all off.

No work Wed or today. I am supposed to work weekend so I am wondering how that will all go. :confused3
Today's workout will be shoveling driveway so I can possibly get out tomorrow. :cold:

I could go for a EoS right now. That sounds delicious!!!

That Grampa in the santa goofy hat is too cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter