It's all smooth sailing from here... right? ALL DONE AND NEW TR LINK UP

Poolrat

I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.
Nothing but smooth Sailing….
Welcome to another Poolrat trip report. I debated even trying to start this with the time commitment it needs and the time constraints I seem to have lately but I am willing, and probably NEED to do this so I can go to my happy place every so often.

A Quick intro
I am Poolrat, Pat, to many outside and within the DIS. I am Mom to 2 grown adults, by age, and an Aquatics manager, by trade so to speak. I hang around pools. Most days I like my job, some days I love it and well some days…… let’s just say like any job, some days are just more challenging.
I am also a Disney dork. At least I have been called that.

See? Dork. I love all things Disney and the crazy things you think people would not look at.

Like Trash cans. – I mean why bother having a theme for trash can? Standard color and buy in bulk…
But No, Disney make the trash cans part of the story so I feel the need to share that with you.
And Bathrooms – Again went to a small zoo and bathrooms were generic and plain, clean generic and plain but plain…. How fancy do you need them I guess.
Disney makes sure you don’t leave the story when you have to take care of some um.. business.
Some are pretty standard and some are subtly decorated and some transport you into another film, like Tangled. Again I feel the need to share. Usually Women’s rooms but sometimes if I can get a volunteer…

This trip:
When : Dec 27- Jan 4 Holiday crazy time- why? Why would I subject myself to crazy crowd levels when I am not tied to a school calendar.
Because I have friends who are tied to the calendar… Couple of DISmeets that I may or may not have proof of, so they may or may not have happened.

Where: Staying at Beach club, one of my DVC home resorts. Could not beat the proximity to EPCOT and DHS for NYE.

I had rotator cuff surgery on Nov 19 to repair a significant tear in the tendon. All seems good now, just have to rehab it. You will see for the trip , no sling, but as cold as it was, I did use my jacket a few times to “rest” it. No restrictions either on rides. Well I didn’t tell I was going to Disney but everything felt fine so why ask for permission?
Dec 27 was departure day and it seemed I was off like a herd of turtles. I am about 3 or 4 miles from the interstate loop. I figure once I get on there smooth sailing.
Famous last words.
I got no further than 15 min from the house and DEAD STOP. No Joke and not like the stops during Spaceship earth or Haunted Mansion.

You see the police cars go by on the shoulder. You see tow truck go by. You see cars try to make it by too.

We all wait, and wait, and wait. Oh about 45 min later the highway starts moving again. So much for the 5 am start.
Pretty uneventful the rest of the way. Maybe another short 10 or 15 minute slow down. Traffic apps are sometimes great for helping you navigate around things like that.
I had opted for an off site hotel for the Friday night. It was a last minute add on to the trip and DVC weekend holiday points are insane.
An 8- 9 hours trip that took 11. Luckily I was not in a rush I guess.
I had to get ON Disney property as soon as possible so I snuck in here.

Now the question. Where is first stop and for what?

Joining in! :banana:

PS, not sure if it's just me or not, but some pictures are not showing up.

I'm here!! I'll try to keep up!! I haven't been doing too good lately!!

I'm here!! I'll try to keep up!! I haven't been doing too good lately!!

I hope to do better with updating and keeping up myself all around.

wicket's mom said:
First time post ever for me! Wow, Pat, this will be my lucky TR!

OOOOh I hope so. :)

Here! And don't worry about how often you are able to be here, everyone loves reading your reports. :goodvibes

Here! And don't worry about how often you are able to be here, everyone loves reading your reports. :goodvibes

:welcome: I hope to do better this time. Now I just need to get some time to write.

:surfweb:

That's about all I can muster on a Monday morning.

I'll be lurking along though!

:welcome: Glad you stopped by. Lurk away!!! I hear you on Monday mornings. My day was a typical Monday. :sad2:

I am glad you have added a new report to my reading fun, since I am taking a break from writing for a little while. It will be nice to come to the DIS and not feel the pressure of getting in an update, but rather just to enjoy seeing the pictures and stories of others. :)

Christmas in Disney World - what a wonderful thing! We probably won't be there at Christmas again for 3-4 years, so I will soak up the holiday fun through your pictures. Don't hold back. I will enjoy every trash can picture you have. :thumbsup2

I am here! One day I want to be at WDW for NYE as well, so in the meantime I can learn how to best do it!

I am glad you have added a new report to my reading fun, since I am taking a break from writing for a little while. It will be nice to come to the DIS and not feel the pressure of getting in an update, but rather just to enjoy seeing the pictures and stories of others. :)

Christmas in Disney World - what a wonderful thing! We probably won't be there at Christmas again for 3-4 years, so I will soak up the holiday fun through your pictures. Don't hold back. I will enjoy every trash can picture you have. :thumbsup2

:welcome:

I totally get why you are taking a break. I hope to entertain you and show you what was going on while you were being held hostage by Poley. ;)

Christmas is a truly magical time. I hope to bring the fun. It certainly was a different trip as the weather was a big part.

I'm here!!

:welcome:

YAY - and I haven't even sent out the bat signal..

Following along! :)

:welcome: Glad to have you along.

I am here! One day I want to be at WDW for NYE as well, so in the meantime I can learn how to best do it!

:welcome: I think between me and Cynthia hope we both can cover all there is to do. :thumbsup2 It definitely is a busy time but a very magical time.

howdy im here...good start well except for the having to wait in traffic and not getting to stay on property the first night and an 11 hour car ride, everything else sounds like it turned up all pat.

:)

but at least you were in disney.

I love Disney at Christmas. :goodvibes Hope you don't mind me joining in on another Poolrat trip. :flower3:

I might even post some this time instead of just reading along...... :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter