It worked !!

ChiefM

DIS Veteran
This time last year we were packing for our trip to Disney World. We had a wonderful time and stayed at the All Star Sports resort. I tried to pack way too much stuff into our trip and should have had some more down time. With lesson learned I wanted another Class A so we took the plunge in January and bought our American tradition. My son loves Mickey Mouse and I am ready for another trip.

We decided to take a long weekend to Panama City beach and it was the first trip we took in the motorhome. The wife is loving it and said she could do a trip to Disney and stay at the campground if I promise more non park days!! Score!!

Last edited:
Non-park days rule. Our trips to Disney became more enjoyable when we started doing 2-3 down days mixed in with the park days.

Congrats Chief! The thing that non-campers don't really get or understand is that we campers enjoy the lifestyle. My pop-up is like a spare bedroom in my home so no matter where I go on vacation with it, I'm sleeping at "home" while enjoying the trip.

A first time Fort trip is a double edged sword though so be aware: the upside is it's a beautiful campground, clean comfort stations, and lots to see, do, or explore (or not). The downside is nothing else compares to it.

Like tiggerdad, we have a number of non-park/Fort days in our WDW vacations now. The Fort books up in advance now especially around fall and spring weekends (besides holiday times of course) so try your best to plan a Fort vacation to WDW as far in advance as you can.

Bama Ed

PS - PCB is a good spot for a first trip. If your DW is happy, that's good!

Great trip to the beach but the red tide has everyone coughing and their are dead fish floating everywhere. I am hoping that Sea World offers free tickets to military again next year so we can do Disney and Sea World. The Fort looks great and I have watched a bunch of videos people have done so I am really excited to try it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter