Is there a dress code at Disney?

They definitely have a dress code. At WDW, at least, there's a dress code that also applies to tattoos...no offensive tattoos, for example. But from our WDW trip in June, it didn't appear like they were enforcing that because I saw one guy with a gigantic swastika and a huge Adolf Hitler head tattooed on the back of his lower legs.

It's like a target, where to take him down, right? Such an odd place for a horrific set of tattoos - what was he thinking? And if he really admires AH, why the calf? That's the part that faces the toilet when you sit on it, right? Was he trying to tell AH to take a poop?

I'm far more concerned about the amount of rompers seen last month...It's like an epidemic. I'll take the butt cheeks over the rompers any day.

Seriously though, I grew up in Florida. Shorty shorts (yes I know exactly how short you're talking) have always been a thing there. It doesn't bother me.

What's the issue with rompers? Butt cheeks are a bit of a sanitary issue, aren't they?

What is your objection to rompers? Just curious—I think they’re too much trouble when you need to pee, but is there something else I am missing?
It's just a personal style thing, I just don't like them. I think they can be very flattering on some people... aaaaaaaand not on others (as with anything else).
It was never just one or two either... It was a weird phenomenon where every woman/girl in a group was wearing one.

I guess I just tend to notice or focus on people's outfits as a whole, rather than what they show off.

I'm far more concerned about the amount of rompers seen last month...It's like an epidemic. I'll take the butt cheeks over the rompers any day.

Seriously though, I grew up in Florida. Shorty shorts (yes I know exactly how short you're talking) have always been a thing there. It doesn't bother me.

I have no idea what a romper is, but beyond that I'm completely with you. I don't care. And I'm completely with you...some people simply shouldn't be wearing super short or tight things...both women and men.

I have no idea what a romper is, but beyond that I'm completely with you. I don't care. And I'm completely with you...some people simply shouldn't be wearing super short or tight things...both women and men.
I think people can wear whatever they want, regardless of their body type. I really DON'T care. I admire the confidence of some people, but I think realistically, they have to realize that not everyone feels that way. I'm not offended by butts or boobs... I don't care if my kids or husband see it... :confused3 It is what it is.

It's just a personal style thing, I just don't like them. I think they can be very flattering on some people... aaaaaaaand not on others (as with anything else).
It was never just one or two either... It was a weird phenomenon where every woman/girl in a group was wearing one.

I guess I just tend to notice or focus on people's outfits as a whole, rather than what they show off.

Rompers and romphims are a weird thing indeed. I have friends who wear them and they look so cute...I am thin and have a long torso (lucky me still have squat stubby legs) and all rompers I've tried on are either a) too big and my small boobs can't hold them up or b) too short in the crotch for that glamorous camel look.

For the OP, I would use my typical "dress for the weather" advice, but in FL that would leave you naked, so just let other people enjoy themselves and you enjoy your time, right?

Last summer rompers were supposed to be the new hot trend for men, but I never saw a guy wearing them.

RompHim-Romper-Designed-For-Men-Featured-image-672x372.jpg

I can deal with people that have no style or dress like slobs, but inappropriate shirts and clothing that is revealing is just wrong at a place like Disney. If they want to do that got concert or something like that. To many businesses don't want to cause conflict so they don't do anything, and many people won't speak up about it so it just becomes more common and we begin to accept bad behavior like that.

I will and have said something and I will continue to do it. We've lost a sense of decorum in our culture, and not just about dress code but respect and decency. It's all about "me" culture today, and it's destroying us.

Last summer rompers were supposed to be the new hot trend for men, but I never saw a guy wearing them.

Nope, nope, nope...not this guy. I usually just wear my gym clothes into WDW...shorts and a solid color tank top shirt. I do bring a few sleeved t-shirts, but usually just use those at night.

If you can't check a mirror to see your butt hanging out, I'm not sure if you can wipe all that well either?
I’m pretty sure most of these girls with their butt hanging out *want* their butt hanging out.

As to rompers, they were a thing when I was a tween/teen. Gah, I loathed them. Had nothing to with aesthetic, it was that you had to pretty much get completely undressed to pee.

Oh boy, another dress code thread! Let's see if it can garner as many pages as the last one.

I get policing offensive or hateful slogans on shirts but most of the other things are one of the main problems with dress codes- they are sexist. They typically sexualize and target women.

Further, the majority of people police themselves just fine. Who's to say how short is too short? I know how short would be too short for me and I would have stopped DD if I thought hers were too short when she was growing up. I'm fine with everyone else deciding for themselves.

Quite honestly, in my many trips to Disney, I only once remember seeing anything that was possibly inappropriate. A group of guys who had taken different Disney characters and turned their names into sexual innuendos and had them on their shirts. It was funny and we still talk about it almost 15 years later but it was probably offensive to some.

I do notice and question some people's foot wear choices. As in, How in the world are they going to walk around in those all day!?

Last edited:
We've lost a sense of decorum in our culture, and not just about dress code but respect and decency. It's all about "me" culture today, and it's destroying us.

Wow, it didn't take long for a few people's questionable fashion choices to be stretched to become a huge world class problem. Poor fashion is "destroying us," really??

That seems to be a bit of an over reaction. I know and work with so many lovely people. Many many who are 30 and younger, And they are by and large, well dressed, kind, and full of decorum.

I can deal with people that have no style or dress like slobs, but inappropriate shirts and clothing that is revealing is just wrong at a place like Disney. If they want to do that got concert or something like that. To many businesses don't want to cause conflict so they don't do anything, and many people won't speak up about it so it just becomes more common and we begin to accept bad behavior like that.

I will and have said something and I will continue to do it. We've lost a sense of decorum in our culture, and not just about dress code but respect and decency. It's all about "me" culture today, and it's destroying us.
Disney is a place for everyone and what one person might find offensive another won’t. My vacation time is too precious to get worked up about what other people are wearing.

Oh boy, another dress code thread! Let's see if it can garner as many pages as the last one.

I get policing offensive or hateful slogans on shirts but most of the other things are one of the main problems with dress codes- they are sexist. They typically sexualize and target women.

Further, the majority of people police themselves just fine. Who's to say how short is too short? I know how short would be too short for me and I would have stopped DD if I thought hers were too short when she was growing up. I'm fine with everyone else deciding for themselves.

Quite honestly, in my many trips to Disney, I only once remember seeing anything that was possibly inappropriate. A group of guys who had taken different Disney characters and turned their names into sexual innuendos and had them on their shirts. It was funny and we still talk about it almost 15 years later but it was probably offensive to some.

I do notice and question some people's foot wear choices. As in, How in the world are they going to walk around in those all day!?
I wonder about footwear too! I see those hard soled, flat sandals and just cringe. I wouldn’t make it an hour in them.

So, this was at Disneyland, and SoCal had a pretty different idea of dress and what's appropriate. Generally, beach wear, including swimsuit tops are pretty common. They're laid back like that. I get it's a bit questionable for a Disney park, but at the same time it doesn't bother me too much. It's not really obscene, just kinda different. I don't really spend my time worrying about it.

I live in Austin, one of the coolest and most hip cities in America (I am neither, I should stipulate) and unfortunately one with the highest percentage of “hipsters” (God how I hate that word and the people who claim it as a badge of honor!!!) and even more poseur “hipsters” (they are even more insufferable) and I have seen precisely two men wearing one in my life. And one looked like he’d lost a bet. I also travel a lot and have never seen them. I think they are more urban legend than real attire for most fashionable men, although I’m sure some poseurs, somewhere, are wearing them and thinking they look cool.

Those models don't even look happy to be wearing them. That dude in the middle is currently reassessing his life!

The only odd dress thing I really remember was in line for SSE. There was. A goth couple in their late teens/early 20's...head to toe in black. Ripped fishnets, white pancake type makeup and black lipstick, combat boots, long black coat and sweaters etc....it seemed so uncomfortable and impractical. But that's not why I remember them from all the crazy outfits over the years. I remember them because they were freaking adorable. So in love...so sweet with one another. We were in line about 20 minutes and it really was just overwhelmingly lovely to watch a young couple so completely in love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter