Is there a dress code at Disney?

crazee4mickey

<font color=darkcoral>Ever thought you had a great
Am I just a prude?! Here is my park rantb

We were at Disney World in Florida in February and we just got back from Disneyland just over a week ago.... I am telling you, they need a dress code and if they have one they need to adhere to it!

In both parks we have now seen shorts and skirts that were so short the butt cheeks were on full display and not just a little bit.

We are used to seeing short shorts but these were obscene short, like absolutely no need for them to be that short and they were in the Disney parks.

This past time as we were going into Disneyland there was a 20 something year old girl dressed like Sailor Moon(?!) And her skirt was so short it came level with her crotch area, so any little movement at all (like even lifting her hand slightly) and it was full exposure of all of her bottom half and it seriously looked like she had nothing on underneath, definitely not on the back anyways.

It wasn't just a case of "well if you don't like it don't look at it" , you really had no choice at all and I can't imagine any small child walking behind her because all they would have seen was her naked butt.

I know that in this day and age, everybody has rights and you can't dare tell them what to wear as you will probably be videotaped and find yourself on the 5:00 News but come on, this is a family park.

If you're going to come to a family park then at least make sure you have something long enough to go past the crotch area, that's all I ask!

We were at Disney World in Florida in February and we just got back from Disneyland just over a week ago.... I am telling you, they need a dress code and if they have one they need to adhere to it!

In both parks we have now seen shorts and skirts that were so short the butt cheeks were on full display and not just a little bit.

We are used to seeing short shorts but these were obscene short, like absolutely no need for them to be that short and they were in the Disney parks.

This past time as we were going into Disneyland there was a 20 something year old girl dressed like Sailor Moon(?!) And her skirt was so short it came level with her crotch area, so any little movement at all (like even lifting her hand slightly) and it was full exposure of all of her bottom half and it seriously looked like she had nothing on underneath, definitely not on the back anyways.

It wasn't just a case of "well if you don't like it don't look at it" , you really had no choice at all and I can't imagine any small child walking behind her because all they would have seen was her naked butt.

I know that in this day and age, everybody has rights and you can't dare tell them what to wear as you will probably be videotaped and find yourself on the 5:00 News but come on, this is a family park.

If you're going to come to a family park then at least make sure you have something long enough to go past the crotch area, that's all I ask!
Pix or it didn’t happen. :). J/k

IMO, if you saw something that offensive, you should have pointed it out to a nearby cast member. Then they decide if the guest is following dress code. You walk away after you’ve pointed out the guest in question.

There is a dress code. I've only seen it enforced when another guest pointed out the issue (in other words, I'm not certain CM are actively policing abusers). DH pointed out a young woman wearing a hat with "F---ing" something on it in May. She was in a line for a character meet and greet and had already had her picture taken with no one saying anything. It was somewhat funny seeing the handler's face when my husband pointed it out. She immediately radioed to another CM.

It's kind of vague, but it's more in the "I know it when I see it" manner of judgement.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/park-rules/
Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. Costumes may not be worn by Guests ages 14 or older. Clothing that drags the ground is prohibited. Clothing with multiple layers is subject to search. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. Visible tattoos that could be considered inappropriate, such as those containing objectionable language or designs, are not permitted. There are specific costume guidelines for special events such as Halloween Parties and runDisney events; please refer to the policy on those pages.​

They definitely have a dress code. At WDW, at least, there's a dress code that also applies to tattoos...no offensive tattoos, for example. But from our WDW trip in June, it didn't appear like they were enforcing that because I saw one guy with a gigantic swastika and a huge Adolf Hitler head tattooed on the back of his lower legs.

I'm far more concerned about the amount of rompers seen last month...It's like an epidemic. I'll take the butt cheeks over the rompers any day.

Seriously though, I grew up in Florida. Shorty shorts (yes I know exactly how short you're talking) have always been a thing there. It doesn't bother me.

The dress code at both WDW and DLR

Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. The parks are a casual, family-oriented environment. Ensuring that the parks are family friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense.

• Costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older
  • Masks may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older (unless they are for medical purposes)
  • Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
  • Excessively torn clothing
  • Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
  • Clothing with multiple layers are subject to search upon entry
  • Objectionable tattoos

I remember back in 1988 my brother being stopped at the entrance to the MK because he was wearing a T-shirt with a skier on it going down a hill about to hit a tree & it said (in the tiniest writing) OH S***!
He was asked by the CM to wear it inside out.
The rules have majorly relaxed since then.

I'm far more concerned about the amount of rompers seen last month...It's like an epidemic. I'll take the butt cheeks over the rompers any day.

Seriously though, I grew up in Florida. Shorty shorts (yes I know exactly how short you're talking) have always been a thing there. It doesn't bother me.

What is your objection to rompers? Just curious—I think they’re too much trouble when you need to pee, but is there something else I am missing?

I'm in your camp 100%, and yes, I may be seen as "prude" but whatever. To each their own.
However, the dress code clearly states, "We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests."

It definitely detracts from mine and my family's experience. If butt cheeks or breast hanging out the bottoms of short shirts are clearly visible (seen that also), those will be reported as such. Inappropriate. There are plenty of gift shop that they can purchase appropriate attire for the day from...

Out family's worst fight at Disney World: When DD25 was 13 or so, we were heading out to the parks. I noticed once we got outside that her skirt had become see through in the sunlight, so I asked her to change before we left. The nerve of me! Huge blow up, and she refused and ended up staying at OKW watching Lifetime movies while her brother and I went to Epcot. It was an epic fight, with resentment lasting for days . . . We were just talking about it yesterday, and at 25 she totally gets it--it's a family park. At 13, she thought I was a tyrant.

I remember back in 1988 my brother being stopped at the entrance to the MK because he was wearing a T-shirt with a skier on it going down a hill about to hit a tree & it said (in the tiniest writing) OH S***!
He was asked by the CM to wear it inside out.
The rules have majorly relaxed since then.

Most places won't let you wear an questionable T-shirt inside out anymore. They know you're likely to turn it back rightside out after you enter the park.

They definitely have a dress code. At WDW, at least, there's a dress code that also applies to tattoos...no offensive tattoos, for example. But from our WDW trip in June, it didn't appear like they were enforcing that because I saw one guy with a gigantic swastika and a huge Adolf Hitler head tattooed on the back of his lower legs.
seriously... dear god.. was he carrying a tiki torch too.

I know super short shorts are in for teenies now.. like the 50s look where it's short like a bathing suit, with a high waist.. KWIW? Normally butt cheeks do not hang out of these.. The butt cheek hanging out happens when you ( sorry if sound mean) but have the body shape that these look does not compliment. My DD would love to wear this, but is bottom heavy, has thigh rub.. looks horrible, her cheeks hang.. now on her BF who is blessed with stick legs can carry this look without looking cheap and inappropiate. IMO

ok I just googled and OMG I guess some can be purposley short to show off butt cheeks... people actually think they look good like this? At Coachella it was the rave.. some had the body.. most did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter