Is it now official? A new Universal theme park in Orlando

True, but I think if we look at the berms such as Pandora (and the upcoming SWGE), it can really help drown out exterior noise. I get the sense that this new land will be built with noise pollution being considered. Now my question is, could they somehow swing it so that parking not on those acres or if they do, can they go higher with a parking garage.
I hope you’re right, but they built Volcano Bay almost literally ON I-4, so they haven’t shown great diligence in the past.

On the topic of the appeal of Nintendo to non-gamers: I hate the Transformers movies and would never in a million years have guessed that I'd like the Transformers ride at all, but it's great! I'm now convinced you can make a fantastic attraction out of any IP.

The Hilton in Las Vegas used to be Star Trek themed. A little bit anyway. They had a ST museum with props and things. The bar was themed like Quarks and they served Romulan Ale and a cocktail with dry ice called a Warp Core Breach. Not the same level that Disney is planning of course but it was fun.
I just looked that up. I can’t believe that I hadn’t heard of it before. It would have been so cool that we wouldn’t have left the hotel. I really hope Universal does something like this.

I just looked that up. I can’t believe that I hadn’t heard of it before. It would have been so cool that we wouldn’t have left the hotel. I really hope Universal does something like this.

I did it. They had an experience called Borg 4D. It had characters dressed up as the Borg chasing you down the ship into a theater (space shuttle).

On the topic of the appeal of Nintendo to non-gamers: I hate the Transformers movies and would never in a million years have guessed that I'd like the Transformers ride at all, but it's great! I'm now convinced you can make a fantastic attraction out of any IP.

I was playing Mario Kart with my son last night and there are definitely some cool things they could do with walkways and such and I'm sure they'll come up with good rides. But it still doesn't feel like any sort of draw to me. I think one of the things that helps Pandora is that it's beautiful and not too dissimilar to tropical Earth. You can just kind of accept that it's alien and then enjoy the beauty. And it's only a land. A whole park of cartoonish game like environments just doesn't sound appealing to me at all. But who knows. If done well I'm sure it will draw people in.

Anyone think it’s possible that either a Universal or Loews reads these boards? I take all of their surveys but haven’t had a way to make a suggestion.

I was playing Mario Kart with my son last night and there are definitely some cool things they could do with walkways and such and I'm sure they'll come up with good rides. But it still doesn't feel like any sort of draw to me. I think one of the things that helps Pandora is that it's beautiful and not too dissimilar to tropical Earth. You can just kind of accept that it's alien and then enjoy the beauty. And it's only a land. A whole park of cartoonish game like environments just doesn't sound appealing to me at all. But who knows. If done well I'm sure it will draw people in.

I get the idea of legoland. I am not knocking legoland, it is a nice park, but well, you know.

100% agree. I watched the first HP movie and it wasn't my thing. I've never seen any of the other ones. I wanted to go to Universal, but didn't care about the HP section. My wife loves HP, so we went there for her and I ended up really enjoying the HP area and rides. I have no idea what anything is, but it's still an amazing area.

I don't think one has to be a fan of the source material to like a ride/land, nor do I think that just because you love the source does that mean that you will love the ride/land.

I think that’s how I feel.

I dont doubt it will be wonderful for many........but I’m well aware when something won’t be for me. I hear you on Pandora, everyone talks about how beautiful it is.........super mario has zero appeal at all to me and a whole park of it won’t be something I’d bother going to. I can live with missing out if that’s the case..........I’m sure it’ll be popular though, don’t doubt it.

Anyone think it’s possible that either a Universal or Loews reads these boards? I take all of their surveys but haven’t had a way to make a suggestion.

They will read the boards.

There’s a “contact us” on the Universal Website........you can send them anything on there.

Would the entire park be based on Nintendo or would it just be one many lands similar to how HP is part of the current parks?

I'm excited for all of the possibilities. The rumor that excites me the most was Lord of the Rings. After seeing how fantastic the HP ares are, I'll take anything.

Potter is now their bread and butter....guaranteed money maker. I would not be surprised if they add a 3rd HP land in the new park. Maybe they could find a way to connect the lands with a double decker bus ride?

Potter is now their bread and butter....guaranteed money maker. I would not be surprised if they add a 3rd HP land in the new park. Maybe they could find a way to connect the lands with a double decker bus ride?
that requires a park to park pass, no doubt

I would love to see a Fantastic Beasts New York. And maybe further introduction of the American Wizarding Houses.

I hope there is a big section in the new park dedicated to Harry Potter, it's my favorite part of the parks. Maybe a Jurassic World area too. Nintendo doesn't interest me at all and wouldn't draw me in. I could totally see them having a separate express pass system connected to the new hotels for just that park. It makes sense to me, it would keep the crowds down and get people booking the new hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter