Is it now official? A new Universal theme park in Orlando

Hi I saw this about a week ago on another site especially the name of the park. The consensus has been for awhile it was going to happen. We have just been waiting patiently. I don't think we will hear much details for awhile. The park will probably take a few years to build and you know they love to make you wait. Just look at all the pictures and info floating on the web on the new HP coaster and they still won't come out with details.

I am stoked for this park. Universal can be quick to build things once they get started and that would be amazing.

They have had the land for a while. They recently won a lawsuit that allows them to put a theme park on the land. I think that an expensive court battle puts a little meat on the bones of that rumor.

I'm super excited about a new park,but also weary of Universal turning into a Disney style vacation where everything has to be planned beforehand. Right now you have 3 hotels with express passes. Originally the express passes were supposed to cover Volcano Bay but they wised up real quick about that idea. So what they have basically done is started to drop the express pass access and next will be for another park as well. Even if they did keep it, once they add another park, you will get to the point where the rooms are just booked up constantly. Raising prices might help that in the short run. They also can't add express passes to more hotels or they will run into the situation where everyone converges on one park and the express lines will be insane.

Still am super excited for Nintendo Land if it happens.

I'm for anything that may potentially decrease the crowd size in WDW, especially Galaxies Edge.

EP isn’t being added as a perk to any of the new hotels.

Yes, but as I said, that will start to become a big problem with another park. People are already wise to the idea that its frequently much much cheaper to get the hotel then buy the express pass. That will only get worse when another new park with increased lines comes online.

I'm for anything that may potentially decrease the crowd size in WDW, especially Galaxies Edge.

Never going to happen and Pandora was a mess with ride times going over 4 hours. Star Wars is a much much bigger thing for people to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see wait times that are over 8 hours.

Never going to happen and Pandora was a mess with ride times going over 4 hours. Star Wars is a much much bigger thing for people to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see wait times that are over 8 hours.
\

thanks for crushing my hope...…….

I got a survey from Universal asking how much I would be willing to pay for a no blackout Ap with unlimited express pass. The suggested price was something like $1400. I don’t know what kind of impact this would have on wait times.

I got a survey from Universal asking how much I would be willing to pay for a no blackout Ap with unlimited express pass. The suggested price was something like $1400. I don’t know what kind of impact this would have on wait times.
A power pass is under 700 dollars. You'd have to go to Universal alot to make that worthwhile. Even then I might consider that for Disney, but Universal that's too big a spend.

Yes, but as I said, that will start to become a big problem with another park. People are already wise to the idea that its frequently much much cheaper to get the hotel then buy the express pass. That will only get worse when another new park with increased lines comes online.

Not something I’m worried about.

I’ve been to Universal many times when the hotels with EP have been full and it’s not an issue.

The new parks will spread folks about a bit more.........

The price of $1400 doesn't seem as bad when you consider the cost savings of not having to stay at one of the deluxe resorts in order to get the EP. If you go for a couple of trips each year or one extended trip, I could see the cost added up quickly.

I think a 3rd park will spread the people out also.

I don't know what will be in the new park, but I can't believe whatever it is will have the increased draw of people like the Potter area brought.

And for the person hoping a 4th UO park will draw people from the Star Wars expansion, I really doubt it is going to have any impact on that.

I am going to edit this because I just went and read some predictions on the new park and if they do do the Star Trek deal, that would probably bring more people in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter