Is it now official? A new Universal theme park in Orlando

The price of $1400 doesn't seem as bad when you consider the cost savings of not having to stay at one of the deluxe resorts in order to get the EP. If you go for a couple of trips each year or one extended trip, I could see the cost added up quickly.

Yes I suppose you could stay at one of the value resorts, but you'd still have to go a bit.

I think both of you are dreaming, but everyone is entitled to their opinions :) New park opens just like when Disney opens a new area and everyone and their mother will be at that park. The 3 hotels with fast passes if they provide for the new park will be sold out and I wouldn't be surprised if people figure out a way to profit off of their reservations to other people at double and triple the price.

Star trek could bring in people, but rumor is nintendo land will be going on. Nintendo has lots and lots of fans.

I think a 3rd park will spread the people out also.

I don't know what will be in the new park, but I can't believe whatever it is will have the increased draw of people like the Potter area brought.

And for the person hoping a 4th UO park will draw people from the Star Wars expansion, I really doubt it is going to have any impact on that.

I am going to edit this because I just went and read some predictions on the new park and if they do do the Star Trek deal, that would probably bring more people in.

I think both of you are dreaming, but everyone is entitled to their opinions :) New park opens just like when Disney opens a new area and everyone and their mother will be at that park. The 3 hotels with fast passes if they provide for the new park will be sold out and I wouldn't be surprised if people figure out a way to profit off of their reservations to other people at double and triple the price.

Star trek could bring in people, but rumor is nintendo land will be going on. Nintendo has lots and lots of fans.

I really like nintendo, but I am struggling to think of anything they could put in that would say draw me in another day away from Disney like HP does. (I don't really do Disney anymore, but LOTS of people do.)

I have been a trekie since I was a teen. I can imaging making time to visit that.

And will definately be returning to Disney for the Star Wars new stuff. Even thinking of staying at the hotel.

I don't know why UO hasn't done a Potter themed hotel. You would probably have to make reservations years in advance.

I really like nintendo, but I am struggling to think of anything they could put in that would say draw me in another day away from Disney like HP does. (I don't really do Disney anymore, but LOTS of people do.)

I have been a trekie since I was a teen. I can imaging making time to visit that.

And will definately be returning to Disney for the Star Wars new stuff. Even thinking of staying at the hotel.

I don't know why UO hasn't done a Potter themed hotel. You would probably have to make reservations years in advance.

JK Rowling won’t allow a hotel themed as Potter.

My husband is a massive SW fan.........I did joke if he goes missing when that opens I’ll know where to find him.......he would stay at the hotel, regardless of cost.......::yes::

Nintendo has no appeal to me so I don’t think I’d even visit a park that is Nintendo in any way.......but, again, each to their own........:thumbsup2

I think both of you are dreaming, but everyone is entitled to their opinions

I don’t think I’m dreaming at all. I think you seem to look for the negative in a lot of your posts.......but, hey as you say.......everyone is entitled to their opinions :thumbsup2

Yes, but as I said, that will start to become a big problem with another park. People are already wise to the idea that its frequently much much cheaper to get the hotel then buy the express pass. That will only get worse when another new park with increased lines comes online.
Couldn't they add EP to one or more of the new hotels at the new park to soak up the demand?

Mitsukoshi........

Maybe I should have been more specific.

I was referring to Orlando.

It's a shame they couldn't get away from the city area - but if they leave enough space for buffers, it could be a nice addition. While we love the HP parts of Universal, it's always bugged me that you could hear the traffic (sirens especially) on the road behind Hogwarts.

My husband is a massive SW fan.........I did joke if he goes missing when that opens I’ll know where to find him.......he would stay at the hotel, regardless of cost.......::yes::

Nintendo has no appeal to me so I don’t think I’d even visit a park that is Nintendo in any way.......but, again, each to their own........:thumbsup2

Universal has done a great job getting me on attractions based on IP I otherwise would not have had interest in....examples that come immediately to mind being Kong and Transformers. And I have loved both.
Even if I wasn't a Nintendo fan (which I hugely am) I think I would look forward to whatever awesomeness they bring to the attractions.

I also think this growing spirit of competition does nothing but benefit us as the consumers. If Disney and Universal keep trying to one-up each other, I think we all totally win.

It's a shame they couldn't get away from the city area - but if they leave enough space for buffers, it could be a nice addition. While we love the HP parts of Universal, it's always bugged me that you could hear the traffic (sirens especially) on the road behind Hogwarts.

True, but I think if we look at the berms such as Pandora (and the upcoming SWGE), it can really help drown out exterior noise. I get the sense that this new land will be built with noise pollution being considered. Now my question is, could they somehow swing it so that parking not on those acres or if they do, can they go higher with a parking garage.

I think a Nintendo land has the possibility of offering very innovative new attractions if based on franchises such as Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and Zelda. If they do it right, interest would be high for even none Nintendo fans. A bit like Pandora/Avatar at AK.

I think a Nintendo land has the possibility of offering very innovative new attractions if based on franchises such as Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and Zelda. If they do it right, interest would be high for even none Nintendo fans. A bit like Pandora/Avatar at AK.

I don't doubt it will be fabulous...….

Just holds no interest whatsoever for us, so as someone who finds it incredibly boring, as non Nintendo fans we likely won`t visit it.

Exactly! I could have cared less for Pandora as I thought Avatar was a mediocre movie. But, once I experienced it at AK, I then became much more invested. So your point is well taken as I am not a Nintendo fan whatsoever, but could see it appealing.

Couldn't they add EP to one or more of the new hotels at the new park to soak up the demand?

No because you have to factor in that at any one time, all of those express passes could descend on one park.

No because you have to factor in that at any one time, all of those express passes could descend on one park.
They could, but realistically? Probably not especially if one of the parks was removed from the other two.

I am assuming that the new park will also include new hotels on that property. Could it be as simple as having new separate express passes for the new park and leaving the existing express passes as is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter