I need prayers

2manypets

DIS Veteran
On Thursday the 13th of May my 21 year old daughter was in a bad car accident. She was coming home from Radiology school when her front tire left the roadway and when trying to correct herself, she spun out and hit a pole.

Ashley is now in a coma with Traumatic Brain Injury and a broken neck. According to her doctors, she has damage to the lower part of her brain. As of today they are still trying to get her stable. We understand she will have permanent damage, but until she wakes up we won't know the extent. The waiting to see her beautiful eyes open is pure torture. She make little improvements daily like moving her arms in response to stimuli or bending her knees slightly. This means that she won't be paralyzed. the doctors are putting in a Trach and a permanent feeding tube for the long haul. I'll take any baby step that she makes. Though small they are still a step forward and a miracle in my eyes.

Even though you don't know me or her, I'm asking for prayer for Ashley. She needs as much positive energy coming her way that she can get. Her and her fiance were planning on getting married in just 3 weeks and she was due to graduate college around the same time. Her life was beginning to be just what she wanted.

On Facebook, Georges family has started a group called "PRAYING FOR ASHLEY BLOUNT" He reads the posts to her daily in hopes that she will know everyone wants her back. Please feel free to add your wishes and prayers. Also please pray for George, her fiance. He has not left her side since the accident. He's a strong person and has so much love in him for her, but at this time he's not taking care of himself.

I won't be posting often in the next several days, weeks, months, but want to thank you all for your kindness and support.

oh my gosh i "am so sorry i will definetly keep her and your family in my prayers. i know what you are going through on two accounts. right before i was to graduate high school i was in a car that rolled over. all of us where thrown out. i broke multiple bones in my face and arm, and had more surgery ,and therapy then i can count. i still have some disability ,but i just take each day as it comes. also my dad was in an accident, and was also in a comma for three months. he also had brain damage . it has changed all of our lives forever. he has sever memory and cognitive problems that will never return. may i ask how old she is? if she is young she will be strong, and she will bounce back . again i'm so sorry you sre going through this all your family is in my prayers

Thank you so much for your prayers. Ashley is 21. She's strong willed young woman and we're hoping between the prayers and her strength and will power, she'll pull through soon. We are patiently waiting for her to return to us.

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you hugs and strength, my friends and my very best "hang in there" to Ashley.

Definitely praying for your sweet daughter, Ashley. Also for you, and her fiance.

So sorry to hear this keep praying for her no matter what doctors say my friend was in an accident with brain damage and was in a coma for 2 months they gave him 5% chance at first then he showed them they were wrong he will never be the exact same person but is doing fine.

Praying for Ashley, George, and your entire family. Please keep us updated as you can. ((((hugs to you all)))

Elizabeth

Sending prayers and Good thoughts for your daughter Ashley and your entire family.
Stay strong, stay focused, she is young and strong and can endure! Bless you ALL, may her recovery be swift!!! :grouphug:

You got our prayers for Ashley's speedy recovery and all the strength you need:thumbsup2

Ashley and family will be in my prayers. :hug:

Believe me, you have all the prayers my family and I can muster. As a mother I can only imagine what you are going through. And poor George so near to the start of their lives together having to see her go through this. You will be in our prayers this evening along with a friend of mine who today had a heart attack. He, thankfully, has had the blockage cleared and should be home in a few days. I wish the same was true for Ashley but I will pray that her stay in hospital is long enough to get her as strong as she can be, but short enough that you have her back at home as soon as possible.

Jackie

Praying that all goes well. :hug: You'll find the strength to make it thru whatever comes your way. You'll have it because your daughter will need you to be strong. Don't give up hope.

DS suffered TBI when he was 17 and sophomore in college. Currently has something akin to locked-in syndrome. For months, drs didn't believe that he was 'in there' They were looking for movement. He understood what happened, understood requests that he move this or that body part, but he just cannot move anything other than eyes. -But he does laugh.

Continue to be strong and know that many are praying for your beautiful girls total healing. I joined the FB group also. Be strong........:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter