I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just which number will I use for my SPG Lux app in ~2 days?
This is what I'd like to know...
Seems like it's the inevitable forgone conclusion given all the DPs, but my small 8/18 Plastiq test payment came back coding as 1x on the CIP. Now, I can finally cancel all the remaining larger payments I had scheduled to process this week until we see otherwise :charac2:
Booo. Guess I'll cancel my car payments and save my FFDs for a MSR.

Seems like it's the inevitable forgone conclusion given all the DPs, but my small 8/18 Plastiq test payment came back coding as 1x on the CIP. Now, I can finally cancel all the remaining larger payments I had scheduled to process this week until we see otherwise :charac2:

Thanks for reporting back. I still have some fee free $ so I guess I’ll still use it for that, but will sure try to match my amounts as closely as possible.

Credit Journey is... inaccurate. It told me I'm 3/24. I'm not. Have you tried Credit Karma? It's free, and it has a separate credit card section that is more reflective of what you'd find on your actual credit reports.
Awesome thanks for that! It is showing up as “other” and not credit card. My last card drops off 9/1 so I think I’ll wait until October and go for CIP. DH is 4/24 but we hit chase in April and June with him (only other chase card for him ever was 6/17). So wait until November and refer him to CIP??
I’ve lowered my limits with Chase and DH is well below 50% so we should be good to go!

Awesome thanks for that! It is showing up as “other” and not credit card. My last card drops off 9/1 so I think I’ll wait until October and go for CIP. DH is 4/24 but we hit chase in April and June with him (only other chase card for him ever was 6/17). So wait until November and refer him to CIP??

I don't see why you can't go for the CIP in October and refer DH for the CIP in November.

Alternatively, since DH is 4/24, he could go for the CIP in September and refer you for the CIP in October.

DH's new SPG Biz won't show up on his credit reports, won't count against 5/24, and if Amex didn't do a hard pull then Chase won't even know about that app. In any case, it shouldn't affect DH's chances.

[Nevermind -- still too early.] I'm just wondering how DH's CLs are with Chase. <50% of total household income? Do you need to do any trimming before statements close this month before DH submits an application in September?

Good luck!

Let me know if you figure out how to combine your accounts - I couldn't find anything on how exactly you're supposed to do that. My Marriott info is OK, but I can't get to my SPG info anywhere - the info on the SPG site also shows my Marriott nights/points, excluding my SPG info. Would like to put it all in one place and move on.

I have decided to abandon the idea of getting the SPG card. It’s not worth the risk of potentially not getting the CSP/CSR. I think I’m going to let the CIC go tho. It’s so hard for me lol. Think I’d have a better chance at a branded Chase Biz card tho. Like Southwest?

Discretion is the better part of valor? As @Lain said, you really don't need any more MSR in your life at the moment, and there will be other cards in your future.

Wait, am I missing something? Maybe my math is wrong but it seems like a terrible deal still, right? Even with my hotel dropping from 40k to 35k a night I'm still getting hosed. For my Hawaii trip planned in April here is what it looked like before they crushed my hopes and dreams:
Cat 1-5 + 120k rr= 270k
Cost to upgrade to Cat 8= 90 k
Total for 7 nights at a cat 8 in Hawaii ($2800+) and 120k rr= 360k :banana:

If I get a refund on my 1-5 :
Total for 7 nights at a new cat 5 and 120k rr =435k :badpc: (270k paid minus 45k refund, +210k to book at new point cost).

That's 75k in lost points for me:charac2:. I mean I guess if your option is starting from scratch and getting squat for your old 1-5...I feel like those blogs are like " nm, Marriott is being cool again" after they threw the tiniest table scrap!

Marriott really hosed the folks who were planning on upgrading their certificates. They didn't even announce their plan to disallow upgrades/downgrades until Aug 16th, and then it was only on Flyertalk. I mean, I read FT and other blogs, but 99% of Marriott members don't (yeah, I'm making up that number but I'd be surprised if I'm wrong).

Seems like Marriott got hit with enough outcry to change their minds on letting certain certificate holders downgrade one category for a refund of 30K points. I think if they got enough push back on the upgrade side, maybe they'd budge a little?

It's really aggravating that Marriott didn't notify members of these kind of significant changes until the very last minute, and the only people who know about them are the ones who are going out of their way to find out the information. I'd guess that most Marriott members haven't the slightest clue what is going on at all. We're a pretty savvy group on this thread and don't represent the general traveling public.

Wait, am I missing something? Maybe my math is wrong but it seems like a terrible deal still, right? Even with my hotel dropping from 40k to 35k a night I'm still getting hosed. For my Hawaii trip planned in April here is what it looked like before they crushed my hopes and dreams:
Cat 1-5 + 120k rr= 270k
Cost to upgrade to Cat 8= 90 k
Total for 7 nights at a cat 8 in Hawaii ($2800+) and 120k rr= 360k :banana:

If I get a refund on my 1-5 :
Total for 7 nights at a new cat 5 and 120k rr =435k :badpc: (270k paid minus 45k refund, +210k to book at new point cost).

That's 75k in lost points for me:charac2:. I mean I guess if your option is starting from scratch and getting squat for your old 1-5...I feel like those blogs are like " nm, Marriott is being cool again" after they threw the tiniest table scrap!
A bunch of chatter on flyer talk about it. I agree it still isn't great, but an improvement. Most people feel the same since the no upgrade thing wasn't released through any official channels plus the fact that they had the info we needed to make an informed decision right in their back pocket but didn't release it to the customers. Shady.
Many people think the ability to upgrade will come, but at the new rates. I am holding on doing anything until this gets more sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter