I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I *think* I might be ready to apply for the CIP. I have been selling a few items (Disney pins, clothes, jewelry) on ebay/Poshmark in the last few months and would like to increase my sales.

I just wanted to run this all by the experts to make sure I don't mess up. Is the best offer 80k UR through support/public?

Legal Name of business: My Name
Type of Business: Sole Prop
EIN: SSN
Business Category: Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General, Nonstore Retail (????)
Business Type: ?? Nothing seems like "internet retail"

3/24:
1/17: CSR
7/17: Disney Visa
3/18: IHG

Everything looks like what I used also. That last 'Business Type' always trips me up also cause what I am expecting to be there, isn't there lol. I can't remember what I end up choosing but I just choose whichever option seems the closest.

There was a 100k UR offer in-branch. I know there were rumors it would be ending soon but if you are close to a branch and are comfortable 'selling' your business to them, that would be a higher offer. Otherwise, yes, the public/support link offer of 80k is the best it gets.

Good luck!!

ETA: the 100k offer ends aug 25 according to DoC:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...usiness-relationship-bonuses-still-available/

I use the following for my eBay biz:

Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General, Nonstore Retail > Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers > All Other Misc Retailers -ex[cl.] Tobacco

Chase changed up the categories sometime in the last year, because there used to be an old category that had non-store retail that was perfect for online sales.

Can someone direct me to the info on the Schwab stuff. Just starting to get into MR's but don't really see any travel partners that interest me. So, want to read up on all the Schwab stuff and what is all involved. Thanks.

Chase changed up the categories sometime in the last year, because there used to be an old category that had non-store retail that was perfect for online sales.

That is probably why when I applied for dh's CIC, what I was expecting to see was not there!

Are you open to business cards for yourself? Since you mentioned Sheraton/Marriott first thought that comes to mind is the Marriott Biz. Since it's a biz you'll still be a 4/24 and it'll automatically convert to the new earnings structure on 8/26 so you get all the same perks of the personal Premier Plus (plus one or two extra earning categories) without taking up a slot for it. Right now they both have the same sign up bonus, the only difference is $4 in AF's - the Biz is $99 AF not waived vs the $95 AF not waived first year. Unless you had any plans for the SPG Lux for yourself; getting a Marriott would take you out for that one. (The SPG Biz would avoid that but the sign up bonus isn't very compelling right now and most likely won't be until, or even after, the SPG Lux is released) But DH could always apply for it, or something else in the family, later.

Otherwise may want to look for something for DH to apply for. I can't think of anything I'd want to use my last spot on other than UR cards and with it being the last spot I'd try for the Sapphire double dip. But I'm not great for outside Chase and Amex because we're not fans of CapOne or Citi and only look at BoA for cobrands. Barclay's scares me a little after hearing from folks here, I don't want to put that much effort into my credit cards :p

Im not really open to biz account for my self. DH actually has a side biz that he used to apply for card. My side biz is doing SB.:cool1:
How do the hotel biz cards work? is it the same as a regular bank biz?

What is the Sapphire double dip?

I *think* I might be ready to apply for the CIP. I have been selling a few items (Disney pins, clothes, jewelry) on ebay/Poshmark in the last few months and would like to increase my sales.

I just wanted to run this all by the experts to make sure I don't mess up. Is the best offer 80k UR through support/public?

Legal Name of business: My Name
Type of Business: Sole Prop
EIN: SSN
Business Category: Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General, Nonstore Retail (????)
Business Type: ?? Nothing seems like "internet retail"

3/24:
1/17: CSR
7/17: Disney Visa
3/18: IHG

I see two options, Other Misc retail or Used Merchandise stores. I think I used Other Misc, and unless all your stuff is pre-owned, that seems to make the most sense. I can't remember for sure now because most of what I sell is pre-owned/used, but occasionally we'll have NIB and while it's pre-owned it's not necessarily "used". So I considered the used category first, but that's a lot of semantics so I think I just went "Other" to be safe :)

Everything looks like what I used also. That last 'Business Type' always trips me up also cause what I am expecting to be there, isn't there lol. I can't remember what I end up choosing but I just choose whichever option seems the closest.

There was a 100k UR offer in-branch. I know there were rumors it would be ending soon but if you are close to a branch and are comfortable 'selling' your business to them, that would be a higher offer. Otherwise, yes, the public/support link offer of 80k is the best it gets.

Good luck!!

ETA: the 100k offer ends aug 25 according to DoC:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...usiness-relationship-bonuses-still-available/

I use the following for my eBay biz:

Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General, Nonstore Retail > Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers > All Other Misc Retailers -ex[cl.] Tobacco

Thanks for the help! I got the 30 day message (and seriously had to look away from my screen while it was "verifying"). What now?

@Lain - so sorry to hear about your MIL...it's nice that this hobby can make a stressful situation less by eliminating the financial burden of travel.
Also thank you so much for reminding me of the high cost of living in the Bay area:scared1:...not likely DH would want to return but just in case...nice to have a reminder that the dollar goes much much farther in our little burg!

@SouthFayetteFan, @striker1064, and knowledgeable Amex people.

I'm debating referring DW for the Biz Green, but she hasn't started on any MR cards yet and I still hope to pull the 100k MR personal Plat for her one day. Will the Biz Green affect her likelihood of pulling the 100k personal Plat offer? I know some cards like the PRG will.

The net difference in points taken as a household is small, and a bird in the hand and all.

- Biz Plat referral to Biz Green = 20k MR referral bonus to me, 5k MR extra bonus for me?, 5k MR welcome bonus to DW = combined 30k MR
- If Biz Green does lessen the chances of DW being targeted for a 100k personal Plat, then the 75k MR incognito offer is pretty easy to pull.
- So in a way, we're up 5k MR over waiting for the 100k MR personal Plat offer that may never come again?

If DH opens a TD Bank account, would it be okay to use my CSR to fund it or would that be too risky?

Today, just for kicks and also because I asked DH whether he used the wrong card for a take out purchase this weekend since I didn't see it pending on our Discover card (turns out the restaurant may have ran the card wrong or something...will spare everyone the story, but no charge is pending), he responded with "I know my cards, CF for Gas, Discover for Restaurants".
Hmmm...I have a very large restaurant charge ($180) missing from Fri night while we were on vacation in AZ and I know I used my Discover. I did double check our cards to be safe though.

Hello from DL!! Currently sitting in the FP section of Fantasmic waiting for the show to start. Having a great trip!! Thanks to everyone for all the tips. The crowds were fantastic today and we rode everything we wanted to. Glad I spent the money on MaxPass because that makes it SO easy and you’re not running around trying to get paper FPs! I’m currently running low on steam as I’ve been awake for 24 hours, but we’re still planning a ride on BTMR before we head back to the Hilton Anaheim.

By the way, happy birthday @Ngwira!

View attachment 340249
Happy birthday to you too, DisneyMandC!!! Sounds like you're having an amazing time! YAY!!!!

@Lain - so sorry to hear about your MIL...it's nice that this hobby can make a stressful situation less by eliminating the financial burden of travel.
Also thank you so much for reminding me of the high cost of living in the Bay area:scared1:...not likely DH would want to return but just in case...nice to have a reminder that the dollar goes much much farther in our little burg!

Thank you. Yeah... rent is crazy, but home prices are crazier. We almost bought during the recession, but held off because of some life changes put some things a little up in the air, and the market is just too crazy right now. Renting works for us (and for Plastiq) right now. We'll have our opening again, because if living here has taught us anything, the Bay Area is in a constant cycle of boom and bust.

I think I am going to go ahead and go for the double dip today! The time has come!!

So, I am going to apply for the CSR first. If it doesn't get approved immediately, what happens? I know people call to get it through but not sure what the message actually says. Just that they will contact me at a further date?

Any tips?

NEVERMIND! I went for it and got this message: We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.

Guess I will call....

Last edited:
Informed delivery shows my BOA Amtrak card is finally in today's mail. Yay! Only a $1,000 MSR so after paying our cable bill, cell phone bill and car registration, I'm a third of the way to meeting it. I also plan to buy a new dining room table and will buy some Trader Joe's gift cards to meet the rest of the spend.

We spent the weekend in Washington DC at the Fairmont Georgetown. We spent time at the National Zoo and saw the Pandas! They are so so cute, and fat..lol.

Fairmont upgraded us to a 1900 square foot suite since I told them it was my birthday weekend. After this upgrade and the Hyatt one, I don't think I can stay in a regular room again...lol. Just kidding.

In terms of bank account bonuses, my BBT $150 bonus finally appeared. I was also targeted for a Chase $300 offer and I'm contemplating whether to bite. We still have to complete the Citizen's $400 and Santander $250. My Chase Checking $300 is sitting in the account waiting to be closed on August 26!

Very fun weekend and I enjoyed turning 41...here's to another wonderful year on the Disboards learning the wise ways of churning so I can travel with my family and make memories on the cheap!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter