I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect. thanks. I will leave it as a card DH can use for his business expenses after, but that $5k min spend is not something i an do with out paying for a portion of the trip.

I have been using my CIP for any and every thing, including the $200 deposit on my Disney package. Clearly, it’s none of their business so it must be my business, lol. Seriously, I have read a lot on this question and everyone says there is zero scrutiny.

You can use Chase Ultimate Rewards points to book on site Disney hotels. Sometimes they are available on the portal, but if not you can call the cruise and tour department and they can book anything that Disney has available. I booked the Disneyland hotel for six nights for 300,000 Ultimate Rewards points.
Were you able to book just the room or did you have to book a package with tickets too? Trying to plan for our August trip. I I'm toying with getting a suite, which is not available on the portal but is available on the Disneyland site.

Off topic but since most of us credit card chase to travel: Anyone have suggestions for what to do in New Orleans?! (We have 3 full days, Sat-Mon, are 2 young adults and we're not on a strict budget.) I finally got excited about planning the trip today and about 2 mins into googling I'm completely overwhelmed. Excited for great food, great drinks, carriage ride and Cafe Dumonde but gotta find other stuff to do between the food and booze! Any suggestions?

I just received an email from Costco customer service letting me know that I qualified for the $50 Costco/VisaCheckout statement credit but due to the overwhelming response to the offer there is a slight delay in processing the credits. They anticipate that I'll see the credit no later than May 31. For questions they said to call VisaCheckout at 855-847-2032.

Been catching up - enjoying the vicarious drama from reddit and appreciating that this thread doesn't go in that direction. And loving the travel updates from @calypso726 and whoever is in Moab. I'm close to a decision re. some family travel, and realizing that I'm going to need lots of airline points to do the trip we want to do, so I broke down and bought some SPG points while they are on sale. Hope that nothing in the program changes makes that a total waste of money.

My player 2 has been okay with my new card activity so far, but he's starting to get kinda worried about the "too many cards" thing. We have a budget update meeting planned this weekend (he ignores our finances, so I try to catch him up periodically and make sure we are on the same page) so I'm going to bring up ideas for some future travel and then hit him with my plan for getting cards to get us the points we need. Thanks to all the wisdom of this board, I think I've got a decent plan with each of us getting a card every 6 months or so (and staying under 5/24 for the foreseeable future by mixing chase and amex) that will get us a nice overseas trip in 2020 without MS or being too crazy (I'm pretty cautious too, just not quite as cautious as my DH).

Were you able to book just the room or did you have to book a package with tickets too? Trying to plan for our August trip. I I'm toying with getting a suite, which is not available on the portal but is available on the Disneyland site.
If it avail direct, just call the cruise and tours dept and they are supposed to be able to book it.

Try moving back to his CIP and then from there to his CSR. If that doesn't work delete his CIP from your list; wait 24 hours; then try to add his CSR. Don't worry - you'll be able to do it but you might have to play with it a bit.

Combining is transferring... So when you go to your CIP and click combine points what card is listed under the "move my points to" column?
I went to both our CIP's and his CSR and removed the authorized transfer accounts on all three. I then transferred back ALL our combined points to his CIP. When I tried to then transfer from his CIP to his CSR I get "an unexpected error occurred" :sad2:

At least all of our points are in his name. Off to play with it a little more. :badpc:

I believe your other option is to book it on the Disney site and then transfer it to Chase within 30 days. From what others have said, you can pay the deposit to Disney and then pay the balance in URs at a later date, giving you more time to build up your UR balance. You can only make one payment with URs.

Off topic but since most of us credit card chase to travel: Anyone have suggestions for what to do in New Orleans?! (We have 3 full days, Sat-Mon, are 2 young adults and we're not on a strict budget.) I finally got excited about planning the trip today and about 2 mins into googling I'm completely overwhelmed. Excited for great food, great drinks, carriage ride and Cafe Dumonde but gotta find other stuff to do between the food and booze! Any suggestions?
I have no suggestions but can't wait to hear about your trip because I've been thinking of doing a weekend in New Orleans. Last time I went I was 10, so... :P

I went to both our CIP's and his CSR and removed the authorized transfer accounts on all three. I then transferred back ALL our combined points to his CIP. When I tried to then transfer from his CIP to his CSR I get "an unexpected error occurred" :sad2:

At least all of our points are in his name. Off to play with it a little more. :badpc:

It’s not a permanent fix but when I had trouble transferring from CIP, I sent a SM and asked them to do it. I had to do that like three months until I figured out a working solution. I don’t like calling!

I'm trying to decide... I've got Sept 17-23 booked at the Dolphin, from when it was still 10k points a night (M-Su). At the time that was all the points I had.

I need to book the Fri-Mon before now, and can't decide if I want to spend 36k starpoints (I've got 93k) or I could book Pop for 30k UR points (I've got 150k plus everything coming from the CIP, plus 2 CSR referrals...). Or I guess the Dolphin with 46k UR points but that's non-refundable and I'd hate to book non-refundable so far out.

I don't have anything else too specific in mind for any of the points right now, but I'm leaning towards UR since I've got so many. And I could stalk the UR portal, back in December I got a non-refundable rate at the Dolphin a week or so out from our trip, it was $100 a night :)

Last edited:
It’s not a permanent fix but when I had trouble transferring from CIP, I sent a SM and asked them to do it. I had to do that like three months until I figured out a working solution. I don’t like calling!
Thanks for the SM tip. I hate calling and since it's my dh's account I hate it even more. I'm going to give it 24 hours and try again, and if it doesnt work I'll message them.

So uh...r/churning drama the final saga: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/8m3hlr/referrals_bots_and_whats_next/

They've reversed their decision and things will go back to the way they were! Obviously everybody is entitled to their own opinion but this makes me happy :D I will continue to support OUR group as best I can :) ;)

Just catching up on the thread. Thanks for what you have done for this group. I just don't have the bandwidth for both DIS and Reddit, so I appreciate those that keep us informed over here with the most critical information. And your Robin Hood actions for Dischurners is very nice and I am sure many here that can't handle Reddit appreciate that a lot.

I booked room only for our trip last week, for the price that was listed on the Disney website.
If it avail direct, just call the cruise and tours dept and they are supposed to be able to book it.

Thanks you two!

I believe your other option is to book it on the Disney site and then transfer it to Chase within 30 days. From what others have said, you can pay the deposit to Disney and then pay the balance in URs at a later date, giving you more time to build up your UR balance. You can only make one payment with URs.

I'm waiting until the late summer/early fall promo comes out for Disneyland. Last year it was released mid-July which puts me within the 30-day package period for our Aug 10-13 trip and then Disney would make me pay for the entire package at the time of booking. I'm also wondering if I could book JUST the room direct with Disney, pay for the first night deposit out of pocket, then could I transfer over the booking to Chase and pay the remainder with my URs? I might have to call them.

I booked just the room. I didn’t have enough points for tickets. She went directly to the Disney website and booked it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter