I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you two!

I'm waiting until the late summer/early fall promo comes out for Disneyland. Last year it was released mid-July which puts me within the 30-day package period for our Aug 10-13 trip and then Disney would make me pay for the entire package at the time of booking. I'm also wondering if I could book JUST the room direct with Disney, pay for the first night deposit out of pocket, then could I transfer over the booking to Chase and pay the remainder with my URs? I might have to call them.

I’m going at the end of August. I hope they release a discount so I can cancel and rebook. They said I have two weeks before arrival to cancel and get a refund. Also, if you don’t have enough points you can still book with Chase and pay with cash and points. The rep asked me how many points I wanted to use.

Thanks for the SM tip. I hate calling and since it's my dh's account I hate it even more. I'm going to give it 24 hours and try again, and if it doesnt work I'll message them.
I’m not sure what eventually worked. I just played around with trying to move to other cards. I think it might have been going from to CIP to a freedom to CSR. Several of us have had that similar issue with CIP.

I’m going at the end of August. I hope they release a discount so I can cancel and rebook. They said I have two weeks before arrival to cancel and get a refund. Also, if you don’t have enough points you can still book with Chase and pay with cash and points. The rep asked me how many points I wanted to use.
Last year's promo was released on 7/11/17 for Disney Visa Cardholders, and on 7/18/17 for the general public: Save up to 30% Sun-Thur at Grand Californian or up to 25% Sun-Thur at Disneyland Hotel.
Here is a link to Mousesavers, where they have all the promos saved from the past five years: https://www.mousesavers.com/disneyl...sked-questions-about-disneyland/#newdiscounts

I'm planning to use up my URs and hopefully pay the remaining balance with Disney GCs. I've read that it's possible! Do you know if Chase makes you pay the entire balance upfront?

Thanks for the SM tip. I hate calling and since it's my dh's account I hate it even more. I'm going to give it 24 hours and try again, and if it doesnt work I'll message them.
Unlink all the transfer cards, wait 24 hours before you try to transfer points. It should work.

Last year's promo was released on 7/11/17 for Disney Visa Cardholders, and on 7/18/17 for the general public: Save up to 30% Sun-Thur at Grand Californian or up to 25% Sun-Thur at Disneyland Hotel.
Here is a link to Mousesavers, where they have all the promos saved from the past five years: https://www.mousesavers.com/disneyl...sked-questions-about-disneyland/#newdiscounts

I'm planning to use up my URs and hopefully pay the remaining balance with Disney GCs. I've read that it's possible! Do you know if Chase makes you pay the entire balance upfront?

Thanks so much. I’d love to get that discount this year too. I’m sorry I don’t know if they require it be paid upfront.

I went to both our CIP's and his CSR and removed the authorized transfer accounts on all three. I then transferred back ALL our combined points to his CIP. When I tried to then transfer from his CIP to his CSR I get "an unexpected error occurred" :sad2:

At least all of our points are in his name. Off to play with it a little more. :badpc:

I need to PC DH's CSR so I can double dip him for another CSR and I have been stalling for the exact reason you are sharing. I am worried it will be a big mess once I try to move all our URs to his new CSR.

I'm trying to decide... I've got Sept 17-23 booked at the Dolphin, from when it was still 10k points a night (M-Su). At the time that was all the points I had.

I need to book the Fri-Mon before now, and can't decide if I want to spend 36k starpoints (I've got 93k) or I could book Pop for 30k UR points (I've got 150k plus everything coming from the CIP, plus 2 CSR referrals...). Or I guess the Dolphin with 46k UR points but that's non-refundable and I'd hate to book non-refundable so far out.

I don't have anything else too specific in mind for any of the points right now, but I'm leaning towards UR since I've got so many. And I could stalk the UR portal, back in December I got a non-refundable rate at the Dolphin a week or so out from our trip, it was $100 a night :)

For such a long trip I would maybe do the Dolphin. Take that as you may since I have never stayed there or the swan. lol. But I am just thinking nicer amenities for the longer stay. :)

If you do part points and part cash, is the points portion still worth 1.5x value with CSR? For example I book $5000 trip...I have 300,000 URs. Are they worth $3000 or $4500, leaving me with $2000 or $500 cash due?

If you do part points and part cash, is the points portion still worth 1.5x value with CSR? For example I book $5000 trip...I have 300,000 URs. Are they worth $3000 or $4500, leaving me with $2000 or $500 cash due?

You still get the higher value. I even think even you do only cash you still pay less if you have the CSR. I’d double check that though

For such a long trip I would maybe do the Dolphin. Take that as you may since I have never stayed there or the swan. lol. But I am just thinking nicer amenities for the longer stay. :)
We really like the Dolphin. Even though we haven't used most amenities.. :rolleyes1 I'm just upset using the extra 2k points a night now after booking it for 10k multiple times :rotfl:

so. I learned something useful today. Originally I had a trip plan of 5 nights Maui, 2 nights LA on our way home bc that's all I could see booking Avios awards. (Maui) I did some checking around,and was given some advice online that I should call and switch to 7 nights on Maui,and just head home,don't stop in LA. I figured It couldn't hurt to try it. SO I checked BA site, no awards available for the new date home. Then I checked the AA site, and found an Alaska Air flight on my new date that seemed great...... So I then opened a new window and found the award flight on the AK air site....then I called BA to inquire about changing the flights,and figured the charges would be worth the itinerary tweaks. On the call I got a great agent who talked me thru the best way to do this- she instructed me to CANCEL the flights,and rebook using the points for the flight I could see on AK Air. (I was anxious bc my last experience doing this was not good and took a long while to get my points back) She told me she'd do it ALL on the phone,right then if I canceled now. (wow) so I did it. It took about 10 minutes on the phone,and she rebooked us on our new date,so we now have a full 7 nights in Maui! By canceling,then having her rebook right then on the phone, I only had to 'pay' the 5.60 taxes on the original ticket,no cost to change it!:cool1: This is especially awesome bc I had the Marriott nights and flights certificate already attached to my 5 night res. and I just added the extra 2 days!!! So for the same amount of points I got Maui for the full week plus the SWA points for use now. SO EXCITED:banana: And the flight home from LAx coincides nicely with our new date too! I'm wondering now..... If our OGG-LAX flight lands at 12:30 am,and our LAX-BOS flight leaves at 6:30 am..... should I look into possibly hanging out in a lounge at LAX for those few hours to wait? I have PP,plus some extra lounge thingys from the Hilton Amex Biz I could use.....

so. I learned something useful today. Originally I had a trip plan of 5 nights Maui, 2 nights LA on our way home bc that's all I could see booking Avios awards. (Maui) I did some checking around,and was given some advice online that I should call and switch to 7 nights on Maui,and just head home,don't stop in LA. I figured It couldn't hurt to try it. SO I checked BA site, no awards available for the new date home. Then I checked the AA site, and found an Alaska Air flight on my new date that seemed great...... So I then opened a new window and found the award flight on the AK air site....then I called BA to inquire about changing the flights,and figured the charges would be worth the itinerary tweaks. On the call I got a great agent who talked me thru the best way to do this- she instructed me to CANCEL the flights,and rebook using the points for the flight I could see on AK Air. (I was anxious bc my last experience doing this was not good and took a long while to get my points back) She told me she'd do it ALL on the phone,right then if I canceled now. (wow) so I did it. It took about 10 minutes on the phone,and she rebooked us on our new date,so we now have a full 7 nights in Maui! By canceling,then having her rebook right then on the phone, I only had to 'pay' the 5.60 taxes on the original ticket,no cost to change it!:cool1: This is especially awesome bc I had the Marriott nights and flights certificate already attached to my 5 night res. and I just added the extra 2 days!!! So for the same amount of points I got Maui for the full week plus the SWA points for use now. SO EXCITED:banana: And the flight home from LAx coincides nicely with our new date too! I'm wondering now..... If our OGG-LAX flight lands at 12:30 am,and our LAX-BOS flight leaves at 6:30 am..... should I look into possibly hanging out in a lounge at LAX for those few hours to wait? I have PP,plus some extra lounge thingys from the Hilton Amex Biz I could use.....

Glad to hear that all worked for you! I know you put a lot of thought into the trip!

Check to see what the hours of the lounges are at LAX (and whether you'll be in that terminal). I've found that a lot of the time they are closed overnight.

ETA: I just checked, looks like Alaska arrives at Terminal 6, and the Alaska lounge (in Priority Pass network) is open 04:30-23:00. So you could spend a couple hours there.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll update my spreadsheet
You guys seriously keep me entertained here. :rotfl2:

I will continue to support OUR group as best I can
So nice of you! :love:

I would go back and delete those comments in the previous post, just to be safe. You never know who's going to hop on here in the future.
Is that what happened? Just now caught up for the day and got confused reading replies for posts I never saw
Thought I was just getting senile. :confused:

Woo hoo! 89k UR points show as pending on DHs CIP! Yay!

On another note, I opened a 5th3rd account online this week for the bonus. Need to have DH do the same though he has to do it in person. I have been coaching him. I may or may not have written hints on a post-it for him :rolleyes1
Hey for $250 it’s worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter