I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Amex doesn't transfer to United if that's what you were thinking. You can transfer to Delta. Or you can buy a flight through Amex Travel at 1 cent per point and a 35% rebate if you have a business plat (need to select United as your airline). It's like paying cash with the same cancellation policies and you'd probably need to go through Amex Travel for any changes.

Chase UR can transfer to United. Your no AF United card can see the expanded and sometimes discounted availability. Whoever else will be booking with miles will also need a United card to book that availability. United has a pretty good calendar view, so you can see how often the saver availability comes up. If your dates aren't flexible, you might need more miles or a back-up plan.
I knew that AMEX does not transfer to United but I could use AMEX if nothing better worked out to support my DD2's family travel expense. Thanks for the additional info on United's saver availability. We will not be flexible at all. It seems like United pnt use is like winning the lottery.? I was thinking initially both DD's and P2 could get United and that would cover 2 each saver/award seats each (total of 4) at least, and then use Chase UR for the remaining seats. Does that sound doable? If it's dicey on getting at least 4 saver seats then we will need to reconsider and focus on Delta.

I've used my companion certs every year I've had the Plat. DH has one as well. We usually use them to go to the West coast from the East. I've never had an issue trying to use them. It's essentially buy one get one. When you go to book, you just select the companion cert and then search for flights. It will then include the "free" seat as you make the reservation. It's very easy.
That is great to hear! I was just reading something on google that said the companion seat fees must be under $80 so I looked up the cash fees for a similar flight and it was $89.72. I might have to give them a call to confirm and better understand that $80 restriction.

Ive read that if you upgrade your Gold to Platinum you will get the companion pass at your 1 year even if you didnt have the Platinum all year. But that would make it no sub unless you get an upgrade offer.
Well that is very interesting, no bonus points but the companion cert to HI would offset that and like you say no SUB. Do you recall where you read that?

Well I got my denial reasons....Too many cards, and not enough biz revenue. I'm going to guess it's because I just got the CIP in August. GRRRR! Now what card do I get ASAP as I have a ton of bills to pay.

I've yet to venture into Cap 1, should I?

I I applied 8/24/24 for the CIP and was denied on 10/20 for the IHG Biz, when might Chase not hate me? I'm at 4/24 and will drop to 2/24 next month.

I guess for the bills I can't avoid right now, I'll hit my FNC spend on my Surpass.

So Costco has the same promotion? Does it start 11/1 also?

Last year Costco had a DGC promotion. Nothing yet this year, but I certainly hope they do one as I really enjoyed getting that discount.

Does anyone have any suggestions for which credit card is the best for rewards from purchases at BJs. Particularly disney gift cards purchased from bjs?
Thank you
For this quarter in particular (Oct-Dec) the Chase Freedom has Paypal as a 5% back category. You can buy Disney Gift cards online at BJs.com and select Paypal (linked to the Freedom) as your payment. So you're getting the BJ's discounted gift cards and 5% back in URs. Warehouse stores usally come up as a 5% category once a year also - but no guarantee.

Someone give me a little push or pull. I have the Hyatt spend $6000 offer October to December. Getting windows installed and will have considerable spend, about 20K left. I was thinking of allocating $6k to this promo. The rest is most likely going on a 2 % cash card but the Hyatt points will be worth more than that when I book next summer's nights at the beach.

Not likely to get a new card as I just got a Chase business in September. I am looking around but not seeing anything I want to hang my hat on right now.

While looking at Chase cards noted the Boundless has a 125000 point offer right now. I can't get it but I'd jump on those points except I'd have to give up 2 Amex Bonvoy which I keep for FNC's.

Someone give me a little push or pull. I have the Hyatt spend $6000 offer October to December. Getting windows installed and will have considerable spend, about 20K left. I was thinking of allocating $6k to this promo. The rest is most likely going on a 2 % cash card but the Hyatt points will be worth more than that when I book next summer's nights at the beach.

Not likely to get a new card as I just got a Chase business in September. I am looking around but not seeing anything I want to hang my hat on right now.

Why not do enough on the hyatt to get the fnc?

Well I got my denial reasons....Too many cards, and not enough biz revenue. I'm going to guess it's because I just got the CIP in August. GRRRR! Now what card do I get ASAP as I have a ton of bills to pay.

I I applied 8/24/24 for the CIP and was denied on 10/20 for the IHG Biz, when might Chase not hate me? I'm at 4/24 and will drop to 2/24 next month.

I guess for the bills I can't avoid right now, I'll hit my FNC spend on my Surpass.
Spending on the Surpass for FNC is what I’ve opted to do in this situation as well. Will look at Amex biz cards in December to give Chase a rest.

Just met the spend on BOA Premier Rewards Elite so went to open some new cards and did a dumb thing...

I had just cancelled on of DH's Ink's, so he only had one left. So, good to go.. So, I apply for the new Ink with the 90,000 SUB with my referral. As soon as I hit the submit button, I realize I forgot to unfreeze his credit.... UGHHH. DH really does not like calling, so I messaged Chase seeing if they can rerun the application - haven't gotten a response yet. Will see if I get one today - may have to have DH call or just wait 30 days.

I applied for another US Bank Triple Cash Biz Card -went pending but then approved like an hour later. So, at least I will have that one to keep me busy - but you get 180 days on that card to meet the SUB.

OMG that might be a game changer to push us to Delta again. I have had Delta Gold or Plat for about 6 years now but have never taken advantage of the companion flight. Is it as easy as booking with points or are there restrictions? Would love to hear if anyone has had the opportunity to use this for HI.
One thing to note on the companion pass, it does not include all flights. You select the cert and search flights, but there are flights that will not show up for the CP.

I think the bigger issue is having 3+ Chase biz open.

Well that is very interesting, no bonus points but the companion cert to HI would offset that and like you say no SUB. Do you recall where you read that?
Pretty sure it was on Reddit and Flyertalk. So more a data point than an official source from Delta.

The US Bank Triple Cash biz is elevated at $750 for $6000 spend, no AF. You can get 12.5% on your spend.

I knew that AMEX does not transfer to United but I could use AMEX if nothing better worked out to support my DD2's family travel expense. Thanks for the additional info on United's saver availability. We will not be flexible at all. It seems like United pnt use is like winning the lottery.? I was thinking initially both DD's and P2 could get United and that would cover 2 each saver/award seats each (total of 4) at least, and then use Chase UR for the remaining seats. Does that sound doable? If it's dicey on getting at least 4 saver seats then we will need to reconsider and focus on Delta.

Noticed that your SIL has the United biz, that can see the expanded award availability as well. Then it would be better to get URs to be more flexible.

Unfortunately, United saver availability is unpredictable. You can play around with the flexible calendar and you can find it, but it may not be the date or nonstop route you want. You also don't know when it'll pop-up. Seems there's more closer in than near calendar open. If there's no saver, then you'd need close to 120k for 1 ticket roundtrip. At that point, it might not be worth it to you.

Why not do enough on the hyatt to get the fnc?
Because that's the FNC that's pretty much useless to me. The oceanfront hotel I like to go to is 29k in summer and 21k in off season. In off season you can get it for a hundred bucks. Traveling I-95 back and forth to SC- Fl, very few Hyatt's and off the road a bit too far. I've let the one I get expire 3 times and collected the points for it twice.

I think the bigger issue is having 3+ Chase biz open.
Just curious as to why 3+ is a trigger point? I am thinking about opening my third Ink (CIU). I have the CIC and CIP (Aug 2024) currently. We have a large expense ($11k) coming up and trying to figure out what SUB(s) we should allocate it to.

Current travel plans include Paris next summer. Trying to do all or most on points. We have a large amount of UR and MR but I find UR much easier to use. P1 and P2 available and since we have hit inks lately, I think we are probably under 2/24. I was also looking for something that may include Global Entry since we let that expire from the original CSRs and would use it next summer.

We had two Amex Plats years ago and still haven't used the points. Trying to use them for Air France for next summer, but United just lowered their award availability so crossing fingers that Air France follows (currently at 150k+ $200 tax for one-way biz each).

Have thought (but not really researched) the Schwab Plat. We could cash out MR there if needed, but I would really need to understand how that would work so I don't make any mistakes.

Any other cards that would make sense?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest