I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

No. Just USPS. But DH had got notification that it was delivered by AT&T. That's why he was confused when it wasn't there.
I would sign up via fedex! You can also then tell them to hold or delay a delivery for later in the day if they email that its out for delivery!

My son REALLY wants to go to Hawaii. I told him not before 2025 at the earliest (we have a lot of 2024 travel). How awful would Hawaii be over Easter? Too insane to enjoy? How hard are the inter island flights to book?

It's been a while since we've been to Disney World (January 2020, so pre-Covid). My MIL now works for Disney, and she gets comp hopper passes, and so we're planning a short trip for 2024. We are thinking late August, since it seems to be lower crowds. We're in SC, so it's hot and humid here in August (high 90s), and I don't think weather will be too much difference for Orlando at that time. I think the Food and Wine festival at Epcot also occurs around then. Can anyone give any insight as to a late August trip? Are crowds lower at this time? (You would think, with kids back in school...) Anything else to be aware of? Is this the time of year that it rains a lot? It would be a really quick trip... just 2 park days (1 day Epcot, 1 day MK/HS). TIA!

Also, since this is an addition to all other trips already booked for next year, we're trying to do it as cheaply as possible. Has anyone stayed in either the Hyatt lake buena vista, or Hyatt Place I-Drive? It looks like these are the lowest point redemptions in the area. We would hardly be at the hotel anyways. Any thoughts? Or we may be able to get a really good rack rate on a Disney value resort even, if this is a really slow time of year.

Last edited:
WE LO
My son REALLY wants to go to Hawaii. I told him not before 2025 at the earliest (we have a lot of 2024 travel). How awful would Hawaii be over Easter? Too insane to enjoy? How hard are the inter island flights to book?
We LOVE Hawaii!! We go roughly twice a year. We love it in the summer for the vast amount of things that we can do both on land and in the ocean, but not so much for the amount of people at the airports and car rental places.

I would say that Hawaii over Easter will be like Hawaii over the summer break if you're talking the amount of people/tourists. Probably a little less people though.

The waters in March/April will undoubtedly be much more rough and you may not be able to enjoy the waters all around all of the islands. Kauai (not sure which island you'll go to) will have rough waters all long the north shore (Tunnels) for certain, but you'll be able to enjoy the south shore (Poipu).

Interisland flights are easy to book. We book them on points through SW.

Not too insane to enjoy -- so many off the beaten path places with fewer people once you're outside of the airports, hotels and car rental places!!

I'd say do it!

WE LO

We LOVE Hawaii!! We go roughly twice a year. We love it in the summer for the vast amount of things that we can do both on land and in the ocean, but not so much for the amount of people at the airports and car rental places.

I would say that Hawaii over Easter will be like Hawaii over the summer break if you're talking the amount of people/tourists. Probably a little less people though.

The waters in March/April will undoubtedly be much more rough and you may not be able to enjoy the waters all around all of the islands. Kauai (not sure which island you'll go to) will have rough waters all long the north shore (Tunnels) for certain, but you'll be able to enjoy the south shore (Poipu).

Interisland flights are easy to book. We book them on points through SW.

Not too insane to enjoy -- so many off the beaten path places with fewer people once you're outside of the airports, hotels and car rental places!!

I'd say do it!
What airline do you use to get there? We are on the east coast so I am guessing miles wise it'll be painful unless we reposition to CA

Something new happened to me - DH was approved for a CIU yesterday - I sent them a SM asking for it to be expedited and they told me no!! :mad:

Anyway, they said I could add it to my digital wallet from the saved account manager page, but I've been looking through the app and website and can't figure out how to do this.

Does anyone know how to add it to apple pay or paypal without having the card?

Here's what they said in case you're wondering:

We are delighted to welcome you to Chase Business creditcard. We received your request to expedite your new card.

XXXXXX, your new card and welcome package, including account benefits, will be mailed within the next 10 business days.

If you need to use your card, you may enroll your new account to Digital Wallet so that you can use it prior to receiving your card. New eligible credit cards can be added to third party wallet immediately after application approval. For more information, you may visit Digital Wallets at chase.com / Chase Mobile app from Saved Account Manager page.

We're unable to expedite the delivery of the new card. We appreciate your patience.

Feel free to let us know any other concerns. You may give us a call using the number provided below.

We appreciate you being a Chase customer.
They also told me no (via SM) on my last ink card also but then I called them and they were happy to expedite the card.

The AF for my CSP is due and I’m trying to decide whether to keep, PC, or cancel it. My DH has a CSR that’s a keeper for us for the 1.5x redemption and the rental car coverage. So, a couple of questions. If I PC to a Freedom Unlimited, does that impact my ability to transfer UR’s to my DH? I also have a CIU and CIC. Also, that would mean I’m ineligible for the SUB for it in the future, correct? Not sure that’s a big deal, but just want to make sure I understand the consequences. Anything else I should consider? Thanks!

my dates opened on FB for Oct 24 to cdg. crazy high, 905k each biz! united only goes thru Sept. I'm checking 2-3x a day. want to do biz there, econ pus home.

I'm struggling a little on this route (really, using CDG for a stop over to Italy or Switzerland).

But this post gives me hope (I believe they were shooting for June dates):

Replying to myself, but writing this for anyone's information who finds it helpful:

This morning I booked three (3) non-stop Air France flights for 35k each (105,000 total), in premium economy, IAH>CDG plus $380 (which I put on my CSP) total!! I transferred 105,000 MR's to Air France and the transfer arrived within one minute. Yay for my 50th birthday trip! :banana:

Congrats!!!

It's been a while since we've been to Disney World (January 2020, so pre-Covid). My MIL now works for Disney, and she gets comp hopper passes, and so we're planning a short trip for 2024. We are thinking late August, since it seems to be lower crowds. We're in SC, so it's hot and humid here in August (high 90s), and I don't think weather will be too much difference for Orlando at that time. I think the Food and Wine festival at Epcot also occurs around then. Can anyone give any insight as to a late August trip? Are crowds lower at this time? (You would think, with kids back in school...) Anything else to be aware of? Is this the time of year that it rains a lot? It would be a really quick trip... just 2 park days (1 day Epcot, 1 day MK/HS). TIA!

Also, since this is an addition to all other trips already booked for next year, we're trying to do it as cheaply as possible. Has anyone stayed in either the Hyatt lake buena vista, or Hyatt Place I-Drive? It looks like these are the lowest point redemptions in the area. We would hardly be at the hotel anyways. Any thoughts? Or we may be able to get a really good rack rate on a Disney value resort even, if this is a really slow time of year.

We were there 23 - 29 August this year. It was probably busier than I expected, but definitely manageable. We did buy Genie+ each park day, though could have skipped it for AK and possibly Epcot - hate wasting time in lines though so don't regret buying it. It was invaluable on our HS day due to frequent and long breakdowns on ROTR, ToT and RnRC. We could not have gotten everything done without Genie+ due to the insane lines at those rides when they did open.

Weatherwise - it was great. Barely saw any rain and got out of town just before the hurricane came thru FL. Humidity was manageable and we're from the North-East so used to some summer humidity but not South East levels typically.

We spent our first night at the Hyatt Place LBV - arrived late and left early the next day, but I would happily stay there again. Think it was only 6,500 points. We stayed at the Swan, but when I was researching - I definitely saw some good rates pop-up at a couple of value and even moderate resorts. Maybe book the Hyatt Place and then keep an eye on the rates/promos for the resorts to see if anything good comes up.

If I PC to a Freedom Unlimited, does that impact my ability to transfer UR’s to my DH? I also have a CIU and CIC. Also, that would mean I’m ineligible for the SUB for it in the future, correct?
You will still be able to transfer URs to your DH and a PC to a Freedom Unlimited or OG Freedom keeps the original card number (since it's remaining a Visa). You won't be able to get a SUB for a Freedom Unlimited while you hold it, but if you PC it again to a different card then you could get the SUB for a Freedom Unlimited at that time. Personally I would try to PC to the OG Freedom if that's still allowed & get the quarterly 5% bonus categories, but that's because I find the 1.5xUR mostly useless when I have a CIC. Especially in your case since you already have a CIU.
Anything else I should consider? Thanks!
If DH's CSR is over 24 mo old, adding yourself as AU to that card will not have any automatic impact on your 5/24 with Chase (disregarding the fact it shouldn't have any impact anyway, but that timing would avoid having to explain to a Chase rep how it shouldn't affect your 5/24). If you do it after his AF has posted, then the AU fee won't post until the next renewal date. What benefit does being an CSR AU get you? You could rent cars under your name and get the primary rental car coverage; as it stands right now the rental car has to be under DH's name because IME the rental agreement has to have the same primary driver name as the name on the credit card. As AU, URs can be transferred to your partner (SW, UA, Hyatt, etc.) accounts. It's not a big deal with SW since you can always book flights using his RRs for anybody...but if one of you has the SW CP then IMHO that person should have the RR rich account. If one of you has Hyatt status the URs will work better for that person in reaching higher status, i.e. booking Hyatt rooms under that person's account. And AU gets Priority Pass, the one that includes restaurants, and you can bring two guests with you. There is a Sapphire Lounge in BOS (& Hong Kong with other locations on the way) which you have access to with your name on a CSR, but if that's not an airport you frequent then that's not a big plus.

If you ever travel without DH then it's worth considering, especially if his CSR AF recently posted and it's been open over 24 months.

If your MIL works for Disney, she may be able to get you a discount on rack rates at Disney hotels - 40% off if she’s not in the room and 50% off if she’s staying in the room.

We just took advantage of this this last weekend via a family member in the DCP.

We were there 23 - 29 August this year. It was probably busier than I expected, but definitely manageable. We did buy Genie+ each park day, though could have skipped it for AK and possibly Epcot - hate wasting time in lines though so don't regret buying it. It was invaluable on our HS day due to frequent and long breakdowns on ROTR, ToT and RnRC. We could not have gotten everything done without Genie+ due to the insane lines at those rides when they did open.

Weatherwise - it was great. Barely saw any rain and got out of town just before the hurricane came thru FL. Humidity was manageable and we're from the North-East so used to some summer humidity but not South East levels typically.

We spent our first night at the Hyatt Place LBV - arrived late and left early the next day, but I would happily stay there again. Think it was only 6,500 points. We stayed at the Swan, but when I was researching - I definitely saw some good rates pop-up at a couple of value and even moderate resorts. Maybe book the Hyatt Place and then keep an eye on the rates/promos for the resorts to see if anything good comes up.
Thank you for this great info! Since we'll get free park admission, if we need to buy Genie+ to ride everything it shouldn't be a big deal. Also nice to hear that the weather is manageable. It looks like the Hyatt Place LBV is pretty close to the parks, and for only 6,500 pts a night, we'll probably choose that! We never spend any time in the room when we're at Disney, so it should suffice for us.
If your MIL works for Disney, she may be able to get you a discount on rack rates at Disney hotels - 40% off if she’s not in the room and 50% off if she’s staying in the room.

We just took advantage of this this last weekend via a family member in the DCP.
Thanks for this tip! I see where she can book the room for us at 40% discount... sweet! It only allows bookings up to 180 days in advance, so we'll have to wait awhile to see the rates for August 2024, but this may be a really great option for us, or at least we could split our stay at Disney resort for our park days, and Hyatt for non-park days.

Last edited:
Dive Bar is OK place to while away an evening - had some live music and service was good - food was OK but nothing special. We did have an excellent meal over at the Nemare steakhouse, pricey though.
thanks not really a steak person but it looks great. That flight/sampler looks good DW is a steak person. I requested it so fingers crossed they have availability :)

Have you tried an application to see if you get a popup? I've read anywhere from 5-7 years as "lifetime" for Amex, so I would give it a try before giving up. You have nothing to lose.
That's my next step. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking some great option out there. I think in the long run the Plat will cost less than the AU card, and I still want lounge access. My AU was basically free since we bundled it in with other family members' AU cost.

I've been quite a few times over Spring Break. It wasn't awful at all, but travel is kind of crazy this year, so I can't predict 2025. And if you want Disney, then my guess is that it will e very crowded. You can see the whales breaching in Maui at that time of year, which is lovely. I haven't booked inter island flights in years, so I'll let someone else reply to that part.

We just went Labor Day weekend and were in the parks Sat-Tues. It was crowded on Sat and Sun, but not horrible. We had great luck with Genie+ and got to do everything we wanted. On Labor Day, we followed the advice about going to MK on a Halloween party day and it held true with very low crowds. We got everything done we wanted, including 2 rides on Tron. Tuesday, the day after Labor Day, there was a VERY huge decrease in crowds (at least in Epcot). If you can wait, I highly recommend going the weekdays after Labor Day because the holiday seemed to be the "official" cut off for the summer crowds. Several states do not start until after Labor Day, so the crowds seemed to remain high until the day after the holiday. But we had a very fun trip and I wouldn't hesitate to go that time again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter