I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Looks like you bumped into the same card 90 days limit. There may be some links that bypass that. I didn't think they were common, but sounds like you ran into them twice!
Ah, that would explain it. So I should wait 90 days from the date the last card was approved? (or 2nd to last card, right?)

If the charge comes through the same as paying your balance, then it should work. It's different for each cruiseline, but scrolling through Cruise Critic threads, it looks like excursions and packages should work. Other things mentioned are OBC and prepaying gratuities.
Thank you. I am not sure what you mean by "If the charge comes through same as paying your balance...."

I will be paying the balance through my TA, but when I paid the deposit it posted as Royal Caribbean. I already bought a meal package (that I may change) on my own (no TA) and that posted as Royal Caribbean too. Can I buy an OBC? I had one that came with my cruise "deal" and used it on the meal package. I do plan to prebuy an excursion or two and possible change the meal plan if a better deal comes along.

Thank you. I am not sure what you mean by "If the charge comes through same as paying your balance...."

I will be paying the balance through my TA, but when I paid the deposit it posted as Royal Caribbean. I already bought a meal package (that I may change) on my own (no TA) and that posted as Royal Caribbean too. Can I buy an OBC? I had one that came with my cruise "deal" and used it on the meal package. I do plan to prebuy an excursion or two and possible change the meal plan if a better deal comes along.

As an example, for Carnival, some things go through the Fun Shop and the charge looks different than when paying for a booking. So those don't work. As far as I can tell from scrolling through a couple Cruise Critic threads, there isn't anything tricky like that with Royal, but I haven't tried it myself.

Here's one of the threads I scrolled through that had more DPs. Link

It's been a while since we've been to Disney World (January 2020, so pre-Covid). My MIL now works for Disney, and she gets comp hopper passes, and so we're planning a short trip for 2024. We are thinking late August, since it seems to be lower crowds. We're in SC, so it's hot and humid here in August (high 90s), and I don't think weather will be too much difference for Orlando at that time. I think the Food and Wine festival at Epcot also occurs around then. Can anyone give any insight as to a late August trip? Are crowds lower at this time? (You would think, with kids back in school...) Anything else to be aware of? Is this the time of year that it rains a lot? It would be a really quick trip... just 2 park days (1 day Epcot, 1 day MK/HS). TIA!

Also, since this is an addition to all other trips already booked for next year, we're trying to do it as cheaply as possible. Has anyone stayed in either the Hyatt lake buena vista, or Hyatt Place I-Drive? It looks like these are the lowest point redemptions in the area. We would hardly be at the hotel anyways. Any thoughts? Or we may be able to get a really good rack rate on a Disney value resort even, if this is a really slow time of year.
We have gone to WDW many times in July or August due to school age children. I prefer either late August or 4th of July for a summer trip. Our late August trips have had lower crowds than our other summer trips. It is true that the northern kids are not back in school but I think there are more southern/midwestern kids that have started back that make it less crowded. I think we have had more rain in July than in August. You should have the Food and Wine Festival and also Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties occurring. Unless you want to see the MK fireworks, going to the MK on a party day should have lower crowds.

I second the idea about using your MIL's CM discount on a room. If you do not see a resort that you like when you check the first time keep checking. Discounted room inventory changes often. We got lucky when DD was a CM and got a great rate at the Grand Floridian.

Same, DH will call even when he has the option to do something online. We just switched car insurance, he spent a lot of time on the phone - I didn't even like being in the room at the same time lol!

I like to go to my agent's office and ask questions. It's just up the street and I walk there. I'm due for a visit soon as I want to change a few things around again. I also sold a vehicle so I have to drop it off my insurance.

New Southwest personal card bonuses

Any personal card 75k points for 3k, 3 months.
Expires 12/11/23

Offer is from Southwest so the application link is there on the home page. Chase site isn't showing the higher offer at the moment.

I got an email from Southwest with the offer on the Plus card but it's a 'blind link' that doesn't give you the offer with the application or a choice of cards. Going to Southwest website has the usual comparison selector application link.

The business cards are also available but it looks like the same offers, 80k/60k.

I just hit the MSR on the Mariott Bonvoy Boundless (the one with the 5 free nights).

I assume I'll have to wait for the statement to close etc before they will give me the nights...

What does that look like? Are they email certificates... something attached to the card login, something attached to the Marriott login..

And then how will I use them? I actually can use one in early February if I get them in time.

Thank you

I just hit the MSR on the Mariott Bonvoy Boundless (the one with the 5 free nights).

I assume I'll have to wait for the statement to close etc before they will give me the nights...

What does that look like? Are they email certificates... something attached to the card login, something attached to the Marriott login..

And then how will I use them? I actually can use one in early February if I get them in time.

Thank you
My FNCs didn’t show up until about 2 days after my statement cut. I use the Marriott app, and I believe they show up under the “rewards” section in your account. I made my reservations in the app and the process was incredibly intuitive. I give Marriott major credit for how easy it is. One thing I learned is that you can book multiple nights on the same reservation and it will give you the option to use your FNCs or even points to book. In other words, you don’t have to book each night individually. I initially booked each night separately thinking I had to do that to use the certs, but quickly realized it would have let apply multiple certs to the same reservation. I’m sure if you do it on the website it’s just as easy, but the app was super easy.

Also, depending on the card, you can also use a) the $75 annual credit (you can buy a SW gift card on their site to hit it) and b) the EBCI/upgraded boarding (if you happen to have a flight where that works in the 30 days after AF hits).
Thanks--so I should try to use the benefits and then call within 30 days to cancel the card and they'll refund my fee.

I'm currently 0/24 (I know) and have a significant upcoming spend that I'll be able to put on a credit card (10k+).

Thinking about doing the 90k Venture X (4k minimum spend) + maybe a MDD on the CSP + CSR for 60k each (it's been more than 4 years since my last sapphire)?

Or the Venture X + CIU and save the MDD later?

Am I missing out on something here that would be a better use of that large spend?
Anyone have thoughts on this?

I'm currently 0/24 (I know) and have a significant upcoming spend that I'll be able to put on a credit card (10k+).

Thinking about doing the 90k Venture X (4k minimum spend) + maybe a MDD on the CSP + CSR for 60k each (it's been more than 4 years since my last sapphire)?

Or the Venture X + CIU and save the MDD later?

Am I missing out on something here that would be a better use of that large spend?

I would do the CIU. Personally, I don't see the appeal of a MDD when you can get an Ink. Takes up the same velocity, two 5/24 slots, and might not work.

If you go for the Venture X, you should probably do that one first. Cap1 approval is unpredictable, but it's thought that recent inquiries matter.

Thank you
I just did too... so excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter