I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I’m going to try to check in more. Our 2022 was pretty busy. We bought a house! DH and I now live in Orlando and we love being close to Disney. We cashed out a ton of points to help with the down payment and furniture costs. Thank you Amex!

We didn’t travel much in the beginning of the year because we were expecting to close, but it kept getting delayed. We went to Disneyland 4x last year. Once with my family, once with DH’s family, once with our friends and then on our first ABD. We did the backstage magic. Seeing imagineering was awesome and we enjoyed meeting and traveling with other Disney fans. But I’m not rushing to book another one. We felt like it was a bit slow paced and way too many buffets. DH is a bit of a germaphobe.

Other than that we did a few weekend trips. Went to Utah to see a friend and stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Park City. We used FN certs. Super boujee and it was nice being there in the fall. We also traveled to NYC a few times with friends and stayed at the Conrad Midtown. This was also a great value for FNs.

We are just starting to plan 2023 trips. I hope we can travel more this year. So far for 2023 we have a trip booked to New Orleans with a friend. We are using a corporate code and booked the Eliza Jane. We also booked a group friend trip to Hawaii. Flying to LAX and doing 3 nights at the Grand Californian on DVC points, then 5 nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai, and 5 nights at Aulani. I’m also working on booking a trip to Europe. Our Italy trip was canceled in 2020 and we still haven’t been able to reschedule.
welcome to otown!

This may be a stupid question but I am about to purchase a SW flight for my DD. She has the CSP and I have the CSR. Since I get 3X travel, and she only gets 2X travel on her card, is there any reason I should use her CSP (in her name) rather than my CSR?

I want to like the fact it's open but 😲at only two restrooms!

It's only temporary, so I'm glad it's finally open even with the big line for the restrooms, but it will be much better when they finish construction and there are more.

We’re pretty serious about doing Japan next year but now we can’t decide between May or sometime in the fall (probably November). May is our first choice but I’m a little worried about the new Fantasy Springs opening at Tokyo Disney. It got moved to spring of 2024. So we could potentially miss it or the parks will be super packed right when it opens. Dh says we should go anyway and deal with whatever happens at the parks. He doesn’t think we should plan our whole trip around it which is fair.

Unless Disney is the primary reason you want to go to Japan (and it doesn't sound like it is) I would just book the trip and hope for the best. I've learned over the years that things can get delayed again and again and it's not worth giving up a trip because I'm waiting for something to open.
We are just starting to plan 2023 trips. I hope we can travel more this year. So far for 2023 we have a trip booked to New Orleans with a friend. We are using a corporate code and booked the Eliza Jane. We also booked a group friend trip to Hawaii. Flying to LAX and doing 3 nights at the Grand Californian on DVC points, then 5 nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai, and 5 nights at Aulani. I’m also working on booking a trip to Europe. Our Italy trip was canceled in 2020 and we still haven’t been able to reschedule.
Hi :wave2: nice to see you posting again. Just wanted to say that the GHK is amazing. We've been staying there off and on since '94 when it was pretty new and I'm sad that word is getting out because it was a well kept secret and easier to book than many other places in Hawaii, but I'm happy to see people from our group discovering it. I hope you enjoy it. Congrats on the new house!

I'd go in May and just hope it opens. It was supposed to open this year and I don't think anyone expected it to be delayed. No one knows what they'll do about tickets either. I think there's still a cap but I'm not positive. They still haven't started selling APs again either, if they decide to bring them back.

At this point I would plan a trip to any Disney park in hopes of something new opening by a certain time. I also think spring to them is before May.
I think we’re just going to book for May as planned and hope it all works out. If the expansion does open in April and the parks are crazy packed we’ll deal with it and make things work. We may have to skip some things but it’ll still be fun. Once we get flights booked then we can really start planning!

I want to go to both of these hotels in Austin any tips on booking Miraval I always see cash never points worth the splurge? i have an open hotel alert for the Driskell myself and wanted to check that out I have Thompson booked if I end up going.
Diamond is going to be hard to get this year to 20k oof. I can't hit the sky miles waiver either.
Also, love that hotel in key west and I too love the wish we've gone 3x there aare concierge staff is so nice.
DH and I stayed at Miraval in June on points and I can't recommend it enough. We were only there 3 days/2 nights and it wasn't long enough.

So when you book SW, do you choose the Anytime, the Wanna Get Away Plus, or the plain Wanna Get Away? I read the differences among the fares but I was wondering what the regular SW Fliers choose.

This may be a stupid question but I am about to purchase a SW flight for my DD. She has the CSP and I have the CSR. Since I get 3X travel, and she only gets 2X travel on her card, is there any reason I should use her CSP (in her name) rather than my CSR?
I fly SW regularly and also choose the Wanna Get Away whether using points or cash. However, I fly them frequently enough that I don't mind getting "stuck" with a credit.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but you should use her CSP unless you are traveling with her. This will give her the travel disruption protections covered by her CSP. I think that benefit is only triggered when the card holder is traveling on the ticket purchased with the card.

I think we’re just going to book for May as planned and hope it all works out. If the expansion does open in April and the parks are crazy packed we’ll deal with it and make things work. We may have to skip some things but it’ll still be fun. Once we get flights booked then we can really start planning!

I need to start figuring out where I'm going and what's actually open. I know the Edo museum is closed for refurb but I need to figure out what's already open and then if there's any that I need to watch for. Also need to narrow down the shrines and temples list so it's just a few. I don't even remember what all is on my list since I haven't looked at it in 2 years or more.

I have a ticket on SWA to fly to MCO next month but my sister wants me to meet her in Vegas now so I am going to change the flight and hopefully use my AMEX Plat airline credit. Does the flight change have to be under $100 to get the credit or can it be higher?

I need to start figuring out where I'm going and what's actually open. I know the Edo museum is closed for refurb but I need to figure out what's already open and then if there's any that I need to watch for. Also need to narrow down the shrines and temples list so it's just a few. I don't even remember what all is on my list since I haven't looked at it in 2 years or more.
When are you going again? I feel like so many things there are changing quickly so it’s almost hard to plan. The teamlab borderless closed in odaiba and the planets one is closing this year but they are apparently opening a new one in Tokyo. I loved the borderless one.

I’m also trying to figure out how we want to book flights. I’m guessing we’ll book the flight there and then wait to book a return flight but I would rather book it knowing the dates ahead of time. That’s risky though

When are you going again? I feel like so many things there are changing quickly so it’s almost hard to plan. The teamlab borderless closed in odaiba and the planets one is closing this year but they are apparently opening a new one in Tokyo. I loved the borderless one.

I’m also trying to figure out how we want to book flights. I’m guessing we’ll book the flight there and then wait to book a return flight but I would rather book it knowing the dates ahead of time. That’s risky though

Sept. I don't care about any of the team lab or ghibli stuff, not my thing. Part of why I'm going to finally learn and use my Instagram acct by/for this trip and post on fb when I'm home. I don't want the why didn't you go here or why'd you go there I can see a couple friends asking.

I think the samurai museum might be closed too.

I really hope some update blogs start hitting pinterest in the next few months with info. But it's only useful if it isn't the same must see/do things as all the other one's.

I also need to see if the baseball schedule is out. I'd like to go when I'm in Osaka instead of Tokyo. Also need to see about the sumo tournament. I think I found a place that does a group with English speakers which would be nicer than sitting my myself. I'd understand it without but it would be nice to have someone to talk with. The jan tournament starts Sunday.

Sept. I don't care about any of the team lab or ghibli stuff, not my thing. Part of why I'm going to finally learn and use my Instagram acct by/for this trip and post on fb when I'm home. I don't want the why didn't you go here or why'd you go there I can see a couple friends asking.

I think the samurai museum might be closed too.

I really hope some update blogs start hitting pinterest in the next few months with info. But it's only useful if it isn't the same must see/do things as all the other one's.

I also need to see if the baseball schedule is out. I'd like to go when I'm in Osaka instead of Tokyo. Also need to see about the sumo tournament. I think I found a place that does a group with English speakers which would be nicer than sitting my myself. I'd understand it without but it would be nice to have someone to talk with. The jan tournament starts Sunday.
I’m not really sure yet what all we will do. I think we will do a lot of outdoor things like parks and gardens. It will be a much different trip now with a 4 yo lol. We’re planning to take it very slow so he doesn’t feel overwhelmed. Once we get flights booked then we’ll start planning more

How long should it take for the amex platinum credits to post to my account? Its been 4 days and nothing. I need to cancel the card tomorrow.

Not sure anyone posted yet but Chase offering 5x points on some cobranded cards. You can check here
https://www.chase.com/mybonus

If you don’t find it on your cards, try again in a couple days. Last time I had nothing when it was first posted then on 3 cards a few days later.

Thanks for posting!
Got it on my Hyatt card: Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, Internet, Cable and Phone Services.

I received an email to open a Chase business checking account. The main thing to do is park $20k there for 60 days to get $750. I'm find with that but I have $10k out for two AMEX business accounts for another 35 days or so. The email says I can also receive the offer by showing it in branch by 05/04/23. Does this mean I have until then to do it online as well?
I received the same email. I'm assuming 5/4 is the deadline for online apps too.

Thank you! I finally found the place to search that....and got this message

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

I'm sitting at 4/24. I recently closed my AAviator Biz in Dec and closed my AAviator personal card in 11/21. I know it took me like 7 tries to get them to approve the AAviator Biz card. UGH.
I would call and try to get it approved, I was originally denied because I previously had the Biz card but then the rep came back and said it was a new product and approved me.

With Japan, I have a loose itinerary written up of everything we want to do. But my problem is, IG has figured out we're going to Japan and has only been showing me Japan reels now, ALL THE TIME. And I'm hooked. I've found out about so much stuff I didn't know about, and now I feel like there's more to do than we have time for, lol. I don't know about blogs or anything, but IG has a lot of updated travel info of whats open/whats not, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter