I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verizon GC works for the cell phone Amex Offer, so I think it's likely to work for the credit. Maybe some claw back risk though. Partial payment will lose the auto debit discount according to @PolyRob .

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...r-addl-details.3784063/page-381#post-61570930
I bought a $50 Verizon GC as a test with the Amex Offer. GC wasn't activated. 😞 Had to call and they opened a case, eventually got it fixed. But was on the fence about buying more to max out the offer. Credit will be "free" money though, so 🤞no issues with the GC this time!

Thanks, @wanderlust7 , I'll give that a try and just get GCs

So these Amex credits, I just got an email for DH Delta Biz Plat. His fee won't hit until at least September, maybe early October. Is that when we will see the statement credit?

Not that I’m a stalker, but Lain’s profile page indicates they have been on the boards today. But real activity stopped after April 7th. So, I think they are ok, but maybe just needed a break from posting.

*I promise I am not a stalker (which really is something a stalker would say, isn’t it?)
You're not a stalker, if you click on his name we can see he was last seen today at 12:39 but hasn't posted. I keep checking too, I was a little worried but at least we can tell he's logged in recently.
I've checked @Lain 's profile a few times as well. I do feel kinda stalkery doing that lol

Citi AA Biz would go for the Platinum Select 70,000 miles with $4000 spend, $99AF waived 1st year
Barclay AA Aviator Biz 75,000 miles with $1000 spend and purch with employee card, $95 AF

Back to the drawing board for myself since I got the pop up with Hilton Biz app.
The answer on the AA Cards feels like both 🤣 (if you can get Barclays to approve you)

The increased Dell credit has me back asking, What is everyone buying at Dell? My kids are buying their own electronics now and DH and I are very low-tech (and Apple fans) so I am really at a loss here.

Great! I just flew yesterday on SW. I'd guess about 75% of people were wearing them. Except the 3 people who sat in the row directly in front of me and had the masks around their necks instead of their mouths...

I was wondering about masks on flights. Does anyone know if the airlines will still be serving drinks and snacks since you'd have to remove the mask to eat/drink? Also, will masks be required for kids on SW?

The increased Dell credit has me back asking, What is everyone buying at Dell? My kids are buying their own electronics now and DH and I are very low-tech (and Apple fans) so I am really at a loss here.

Having the same issue here. And there is a good offer on Ebates/Rakuten today so DH and I are looking at the website and trying to pick something now with no luck. In the past we used the $100 credits for a laptop backpack and a wireless router for DD, but she doesn't need anything right now either.

I looked and they have Kindles, but only the color ones and if I got one I would want the b/w one that looks like normal paper.

I was wondering about masks on flights. Does anyone know if the airlines will still be serving drinks and snacks since you'd have to remove the mask to eat/drink? Also, will masks be required for kids on SW?

They were not serving drinks or snacks on the SW flights that I took. They announced it at the gate, well before they were boarding so that people would have a chance to get something to bring on. I can't see them not allowing you to eat your own food/drinks, but the masks aren't required yet, so I don't know what will happen.

I thought I saw somewhere that masks were required for kids over 2, but don't quote me on it, I could be making it up. :D

If anyone is interested in the SW boarding process, no one lined up. They called 10 numbers at a time, A1-10, 11-20, etc and you boarded then.

SW is continuing to not serve food or beverage on flights until further notice.
https://www.southwest.com/promise/
I haven't seen an age mentioned for kids, but "small children" are exempt from all the reports I've seen. I think I saw the CDC say that 2 and under are not supposed to use a face covering, so I'd guess that is the cutoff SW would use.

Great! I just flew yesterday on SW. I'd guess about 75% of people were wearing them. Except the 3 people who sat in the row directly in front of me and had the masks around their necks instead of their mouths...
Was your flight empty? Our first flight isn’t until 6/4.

So these Amex credits, I just got an email for DH Delta Biz Plat. His fee won't hit until at least September, maybe early October. Is that when we will see the statement credit?
Based on the language in the emails, you may not see it until Dec or so. It looks like it is following the Bonvoy free night schedule.

My Biz Plat renews in July but I don’t think I am keeping it to find out.

Here’s the fine print from my Biz Plat:
Eligible Business Platinum Card Members as determined by American Express in its sole discretion, will be eligible to receive a one-time $200 statement credit after Card renewal. The statement credit will be applied to the eligible Card account within 8-12 weeks of the account renewal month. This statement credit is limited to Basic (not Additional) Card Members only. Offer is non-transferable. If the eligible Business Platinum Card is cancelled, or you have downgraded or upgraded your Card up to 45 days after the first day of your renewal month, you will not receive the one-time $200 statement credit. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.

Fellow DVC owners on this thread - have any of you been able to access the booking tool? Day after day, I keep trying to look if there are any options for me to push my reservation back. And every day I get the page broken message. I try different browsers and computers, too.

Has anyone here applied and been approved for a Chase business after 4/17 as a sole proprietor ?
I was waiting until after we closed on refi 4/16 to have DH apply for the CIU since we didn’t know if they would do another credit check then.
If it was for me I’d apply and see what happened, but DH would be very upset to get a denial.

Fellow DVC owners on this thread - have any of you been able to access the booking tool? Day after day, I keep trying to look if there are any options for me to push my reservation back. And every day I get the page broken message. I try different browsers and computers, too.
Just tried and was able to look at availability, I can check dates for you if you’d like

They were not serving drinks or snacks on the SW flights that I took. They announced it at the gate, well before they were boarding so that people would have a chance to get something to bring on. I can't see them not allowing you to eat your own food/drinks, but the masks aren't required yet, so I don't know what will happen.

I thought I saw somewhere that masks were required for kids over 2, but don't quote me on it, I could be making it up. :D

If anyone is interested in the SW boarding process, no one lined up. They called 10 numbers at a time, A1-10, 11-20, etc and you boarded then.
sooooo.... how in the world will they enforce 'masks on,no touching your face' on a flight if people bring snacks or drinks? I know this is obviously going to be the new flying standard but ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest