I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered flowers for my mom for Mother's Day. 1800Flowers is at 20% with TopCashback and there's an Amex Offer for $15 back for purchases over $50. There was a discount going through the TCB website too.

It was annoying that the service charge didn't show until the finalize screen, after entering my credit card. And the free shipping coupon didn't work, but the cashback will cover it.
I used my bouqs Amex offer. My mom really likes their flowers. I had $20 off from Amex and 30% off coupon through swagbucks + 6% back. Shipping was expensive (maybe $18 for Friday delivery).

And my siblings and I sent her a simple bracelet from Saks and it was 2% back through ebates on Saturday and of course its 10% today. Need to mark ebates' birthday on my icalendar!

Following up from my weekend barrage of questions! After a rookie move of forgetting to unlock 2 out of 3 of my credit reports and missing out on the instant approval (doh!), DH and I were both approved each for the JB+ cards with the 60k points offer. The low $1k MSR will be cake to meet and the AFs almost pay for themselves with the free bags (plus, you know, flights.)

I learned from here to document all my info in my finance spreadsheet so I can track in case I want to PC next year before the next AF. And I'll see how it goes if I want to try for a Chase card later, when we're closer to having big expenses. Thanks again for the advice and guidance. I'll be around for sure!

Following up from my weekend barrage of questions! After a rookie move of forgetting to unlock 2 out of 3 of my credit reports and missing out on the instant approval (doh!), DH and I were both approved each for the JB+ cards with the 60k points offer. The low $1k MSR will be cake to meet and the AFs almost pay for themselves with the free bags (plus, you know, flights.)

I learned from here to document all my info in my finance spreadsheet so I can track in case I want to PC next year before the next AF. And I'll see how it goes if I want to try for a Chase card later, when we're closer to having big expenses. Thanks again for the advice and guidance. I'll be around for sure!
Congrats party:

If these were personal cards make sure to NOT add each other as authorized users. You don’t want to affect your 5/24 status here with spouses cards. Congrats.

... I'm just curious how often the Discover and Chase 5% categories overlap.
Not often now that Chase considers them a state secret and doesn't release a calendar in advance anymore. Discover has the full year out https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html

Chase usually has gas and grocery quarters every year and they flip flopped this year with Discover. Q3 Summer categories changes up but Q4 is usually Department stores and something else.

Looking for a new card for both me and DH. Points we'd like to continue to accumulate include Hilton (1 more SUB worth, then done), URs, Delta, AA, MR. I just got a new CIP last month and DH is waiting about 3 months more for another Chase card, so we're looking outside of Chase for now. As far as Amex MR cards go I haven't looked too closely at them because I'm not sure how I would put MR to use yet. I need to research that. I just do like that there is some versatility to them. DH is at 2/24 and I'm at 3/24. Would love and appreciate some advice on which of these cards have SUB that look good right now, or if it's recommended we hold off for a higher SUB.

DH- currently has COV, CIP, SW personal, Amex Hilton Biz, Amex Delta Gold Biz
Considering:
Hilton Surpass for 135,000 with $95 AF. The no AF card SUB is 85,000 so I think the AF is worth the +50,000 pts
Barclay Aviator Red for AA is 60,000 after 1st purchase with $95 AF
Citi AA Platinum is 70,000 with $99 AF waived first year MSR $4000.
Amex MR cards?
The Delta cards seem to have low SUB right now.

Me- currently have COV, CSP, CIP, Amex Hilton no AF personal, Amex BBP, Barclay Aviator Biz
Considering:
Hilton Biz 125,000
Citi AA Plat listed above
Amex MR cards?
Would go for Delta but all SUB seem low.

Thanks in advance!

Just a quick note for the Hilton cards, both personal cards have elevated incognito offers still. 100k for the no fee, 150k for the Surpass. Sometimes you can get the incognito offer to show on a support link to get best of both worlds. If you decide to go the Hilton route.

Just a quick note for the Hilton cards, both personal cards have elevated incognito offers still. 100k for the no fee, 150k for the Surpass. Sometimes you can get the incognito offer to show on a support link to get best of both worlds. If you decide to go the Hilton route.
Thanks. I'm able to pull the 85,000 vs the 75,000 public offer incognito thru support link for DH, but not the 100k. I didn't know about that. I'll try for the 100k without support and see if I can get that. When I log on to amex under my Hilton card I didn't even see a support link. I just see the support link for my BBP. That one is 15,000 MR. If I refer him with that link and he chooses the Hilton card do I get the 15,000 MR for that instead of earning Hilton points? Because that would actually be better because those 15,000 MR could be 30,000 Hilton points- is that right?

Citi is so annoying. I did a chat to close dh AA biz card, sorry, you have to call. Grrrr.
5 minutes later I logon to my account, same chat question, done in 2 minutes.
Guess I will try chat again for his later.
To add to this, they again today told dh, cough cough, that he can't close his account via chat. They said he had to call, they do not have the capability to close via chat. This time I replied that I know this is not true, and I do not have all day to sit on hold. She comes right back and says, ok, I will close your account. LOL. 1 minute later it was done.

@Minnie368

I agree with @becauseimnew on a Hilton Biz for you.

I also agree on a CSP via cross-support in the future but that also means you might consider a MDD (not saying this is the right move, I’d just consider it). I wouldn’t use those precious 5/24 slots on non Chase cards just yet. You can get Hilton Surpass or whatever else when you’re > 5/24. Any other biz card would be a good play right now while you wait out the pacing recommendation. Keep in mind - that Chase can see any personal cards so getting other personal cards during those 3 months is almost as risky as just getting the Chase card.

EDIT: if you list your cards out the correct way (ie as recommended in the sticky) we could give better advice too. I have no idea what all cards you have and when exactly you got them. Good Advice requires detailed information and more than just “I have these cards”. Thanks!
Ok here goes...
DH:
10/19 Cap One Venture
01/20 CIP
01/20 Amex Hilton Biz
02/20 Amex Delta Biz Gold
02/20 Southwest Personal (can't remember which one)

Me:
01/19 Southwest Personal
01/19 Southwest Biz
12/19 Chase Sapphire Preferred
01/20 Amex Blue Biz Plus
01/20 CIP
02/20 Amex Hilton Honors no AF
03/20 Barclay Aviator Biz
04/20 CIP2

I'm good with going for Hilton Biz as suggested by the PPs. For DH when can I feel safe to go for another Chase card? I was thinking July/August because I didn't want to push the envelope, but do you think he could try sooner for a Chase personal card? I had planned to go for the SW biz card for him to get the CP, but I think we'll be able to get that just with spend and the 25,000 points SW is giving toward CP (although I don't see that reflected in his account yet). So if the CIPs still seem to be tough to get I would probably go for the CSP for him instead. If I go for a non Chase card now, can anyone offer thoughts on which is easier to get- the Barclay biz AA card or the Citi biz AA card? Whichever is tougher we'll go for first. Thanks in advance

I got an email from AMEX a few minutes ago that they are giving me $75 credit after the renewal of my Delta Plat card. I wonder if they are doing this for other cards. Two of my other Amex cards have the AF due.

Also asking this again in case it got missed:
I have a question regarding the Amex Plat $20 wireless credit and Verizon auto debit discount. I tried searching for the answer but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if I used the Plat to buy a Verizon GC if that would trigger the credit? Would doing a partial payment also work or will that take away the auto debit discount. Thanks in advance.

Has no one heard from @Lain or did I miss it?
Not that I’m a stalker, but Lain’s profile page indicates they have been on the boards today. But real activity stopped after April 7th. So, I think they are ok, but maybe just needed a break from posting.

*I promise I am not a stalker (which really is something a stalker would say, isn’t it?)

Not that I’m a stalker, but Lain’s profile page indicates they have been on the boards today. But real activity stopped after April 7th. So, I think they are ok, but maybe just needed a break from posting.

*I promise I am not a stalker (which really is something a stalker would say, isn’t it?)
You're not a stalker, if you click on his name we can see he was last seen today at 12:39 but hasn't posted. I keep checking too, I was a little worried but at least we can tell he's logged in recently.

Looking for a new card for both me and DH. Points we'd like to continue to accumulate include Hilton (1 more SUB worth, then done), URs, Delta, AA, MR. I just got a new CIP last month and DH is waiting about 3 months more for another Chase card, so we're looking outside of Chase for now. As far as Amex MR cards go I haven't looked too closely at them because I'm not sure how I would put MR to use yet. I need to research that. I just do like that there is some versatility to them. DH is at 2/24 and I'm at 3/24. Would love and appreciate some advice on which of these cards have SUB that look good right now, or if it's recommended we hold off for a higher SUB.

DH- currently has COV, CIP, SW personal, Amex Hilton Biz, Amex Delta Gold Biz
Considering:
Hilton Surpass for 135,000 with $95 AF. The no AF card SUB is 85,000 so I think the AF is worth the +50,000 pts
Barclay Aviator Red for AA is 60,000 after 1st purchase with $95 AF
Citi AA Platinum is 70,000 with $99 AF waived first year MSR $4000.
Amex MR cards?
The Delta cards seem to have low SUB right now.

Me- currently have COV, CSP, CIP, Amex Hilton no AF personal, Amex BBP, Barclay Aviator Biz
Considering:
Hilton Biz 125,000
Citi AA Plat listed above
Amex MR cards?
Would go for Delta but all SUB seem low.

Thanks in advance!
Ok here goes...
DH:
10/19 Cap One Venture
01/20 CIP
01/20 Amex Hilton Biz

Me:
01/19 Southwest Personal
01/19 Southwest Biz
01/20 Amex Blue Biz Plus
01/20 CIP
04/20 CIP2

I'm good with going for Hilton Biz as suggested by the PPs. For DH when can I feel safe to go for another Chase card? I was thinking July/August because I didn't want to push the envelope, but do you think he could try sooner for a Chase personal card? I had planned to go for the SW biz card for him to get the CP, but I think we'll be able to get that just with spend and the 25,000 points SW is giving toward CP (although I don't see that reflected in his account yet). So if the CIPs still seem to be tough to get I would probably go for the CSP for him instead. If I go for a non Chase card now, can anyone offer thoughts on which is easier to get- the Barclay biz AA card or the Citi biz AA card? Whichever is tougher we'll go for first. Thanks in advance
Ok so I just did the app for Amex Hilton Biz and got the pop up. Ugh. Any suggestions on what to try next? Sorry to ask for so much help. I just don't want to make any application mistakes I'll regret later.

Thanks. I'm able to pull the 85,000 vs the 75,000 public offer incognito thru support link for DH, but not the 100k. I didn't know about that. I'll try for the 100k without support and see if I can get that. When I log on to amex under my Hilton card I didn't even see a support link. I just see the support link for my BBP. That one is 15,000 MR. If I refer him with that link and he chooses the Hilton card do I get the 15,000 MR for that instead of earning Hilton points? Because that would actually be better because those 15,000 MR could be 30,000 Hilton points- is that right?
Ok, sometimes it works and sometimes you get a different offer.

You can use the RAF link at the bottom of the AmEx home page to login directly to the RAF program and it will show all the cards eligible on that login. (Might find it under "Links you may like") But I think you're right that the MR from the BBP would be higher, if transferred, than the Hilton points from the Hilton card. I think the Hilton cards max at 20k for the supporter so using the BBP link to get MR would be better.

Seems like you have a potential for 115k (+spend points) with support versus 100k incognito on the no-AF. But the former hinges on the support bonus tracking and posting. Same concept for the Surpass.

Ok here goes...
DH:
10/19 Cap One Venture
01/20 CIP
01/20 Amex Hilton Biz

Me:
01/19 Southwest Personal
01/19 Southwest Biz
01/20 Amex Blue Biz Plus
01/20 CIP
04/20 CIP2

And this is why I love this format! :D :D

Chase can't see your husband's Hilton Biz or his Delta Biz. He did get a card in Jan & Feb from Chase which was obviously a bit hurried. You are maybe fine right now although that would be 3 cards in 5 months. If you want to play it a bit safer, maybe wait until June. If he's only doing a CSP that would probably work well. IF he's going to do a MDD then he might need to wait longer. As far as the AA Biz cards go, I'd be more in favor of the Citi version, just evaluate what all offers exist out there because there might be multiples. Maybe let us know what you find and we can make a determination on which is best.

And this is why I love this format! :D :D

Chase can't see your husband's Hilton Biz or his Delta Biz. He did get a card in Jan & Feb from Chase which was obviously a bit hurried. You are maybe fine right now although that would be 3 cards in 5 months. If you want to play it a bit safer, maybe wait until June. If he's only doing a CSP that would probably work well. IF he's going to do a MDD then he might need to wait longer. As far as the AA Biz cards go, I'd be more in favor of the Citi version, just evaluate what all offers exist out there because there might be multiples. Maybe let us know what you find and we can make a determination on which is best.
Citi AA Biz would go for the Platinum Select 70,000 miles with $4000 spend, $99AF waived 1st year
Barclay AA Aviator Biz 75,000 miles with $1000 spend and purch with employee card, $95 AF

Back to the drawing board for myself since I got the pop up with Hilton Biz app.

I got an email from AMEX a few minutes ago that they are giving me $75 credit after the renewal of my Delta Plat card. I wonder if they are doing this for other cards. Two of my other Amex cards have the AF due.

Also asking this again in case it got missed:

Business Platinum - $200 statement credit
Delta Reserve Business - $125 statement credit
Delta Platinum Business - $75 statement credit
Hilton Business - $50 statement credit
Marriott Bonvoy Business - $50 statement credit

current known list right now.

Citi AA Biz would go for the Platinum Select 70,000 miles with $4000 spend, $99AF waived 1st year
Barclay AA Aviator Biz 75,000 miles with $1000 spend and purch with employee card, $95 AF

Back to the drawing board for myself since I got the pop up with Hilton Biz app.
Well if Amex is an important part of your future strategy you might need to just keep spending on your current Amex cards in lieu of getting a new one now 🤔 It’s a tough call.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding the Amex Plat $20 wireless credit and Verizon auto debit discount. I tried searching for the answer but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if I used the Plat to buy a Verizon GC if that would trigger the credit? Would doing a partial payment also work or will that take away the auto debit discount. Thanks in advance.

Verizon GC works for the cell phone Amex Offer, so I think it's likely to work for the credit. Maybe some claw back risk though. Partial payment will lose the auto debit discount according to @PolyRob .

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...r-addl-details.3784063/page-381#post-61570930
I bought a $50 Verizon GC as a test with the Amex Offer. GC wasn't activated. 😞 Had to call and they opened a case, eventually got it fixed. But was on the fence about buying more to max out the offer. Credit will be "free" money though, so 🤞no issues with the GC this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest