I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea why my wife would get denied for a Chase Freedom Unlimited? (That I referred here to from my CFU). She got approved for a CSP about 45 days ago no problem. She does not have any other credit cards except for being an authorized user on my CSP, CFU, & Southwest cards.

We are going to call them tomorrow to see if we can get a better answer.
Denial can also be due to verification.

It is so true that boys and totally different preparing for dorm living than girls. DS wanted me to order one of the package deals that comes with all the bedding, mattress pads, towels, etc from the information sent through the college. DDs would have never wanted that. We had to shop for hours to find all the "just right" things. DS basically doesn't care. He'd probably be content going to walmart on the day of move in and get whatever then had lol!

This is what makes me nervous. DH would hate to call and I've always been able to handle basically everything in his name. I might be going to 1.5 player mode for awhile instead of 2 player. The calls make me nervous enough and having to coach him though one would be terrible lol!

I also have handled my husbands applications etc there is no way he would call if denied a card.
Let us know how it goes if your husband calls

Anyone have any idea why my wife would get denied for a Chase Freedom Unlimited? (That I referred here to from my CFU). She got approved for a CSP about 45 days ago no problem. She does not have any other credit cards except for being an authorized user on my CSP, CFU, & Southwest cards.

We are going to call them tomorrow to see if we can get a better answer.

Applying too soon. It's either do a double dip same day or two or wait 3 months with Chase, and this may be iffy right now. Plus you need to get rid of all those AU's.

It is so true that boys and totally different preparing for dorm living than girls. DS wanted me to order one of the package deals that comes with all the bedding, mattress pads, towels, etc from the information sent through the college. DDs would have never wanted that. We had to shop for hours to find all the "just right" things. DS basically doesn't care. He'd probably be content going to walmart on the day of move in and get whatever then had lol!

Been a while but when my son went to Boston to college, he actually had a part time job at Walmart from when he was in high school. He hated working there but it was money in his pocket as a junior and senior. So, he got a lot of his own stuff, even a bigger dorm fridge by watching the mark down's. Since he was spending mostly his own money - we had given him x $$ for college and he was on a scholarship which covered tuition plus we paid transportation etc - he was pretty savvy about what he spent. Not that picky.

When we took him up there I stayed in the Westin on points for a couple of nights and he stayed with us - he wanted the same dinners with us - loves room service! And once we unloaded his stuff then we went to Staples and BBB and filled it up again.

Didn't have to do this with either girl - both stayed home and attended college - there are like 130 choices within this region. Older daughter did do the semester abroad but she handled all that herself.

Applying too soon. It's either do a double dip same day or two or wait 3 months with Chase, and this may be iffy right now. Plus you need to get rid of all those AU's.

It's a modified dd, they aren't done on the same day any more. Gotten more complicated and if you have to recon the 2nd it's not as easy as before since a lot of csrs can see the 1st card. Can't remember what caused the change but it's still working for some.

Ooooohhhhh!!!! My informed delivery has a Disney check in it!!

Back when the first closed park refund was offered I responded right away and requested a refund for the closing. Since I had done an Undercover Tourist upgrade and put the rest on a gift card, I was told it would probably be a check.

Can't wait to see how much, not because I need the cash but because I already had a great deal out of my Annual Pass - Nov, Jan, and Feb trips - plus it will cover Nov 2020 if I go then. I believe I calculated the actual (gold dvc) pass cost me $650-$675 - don't have that piece of paper handy, so anything is just bonus money. I'm certainly not upset with Disney!

Plus, if I were to cancel Nov 2020 before the newest deadline for refunds, I 'could' get the remainder of my pass refunded also. I probably need to make a decision. I almost feel guilty getting any refund, because this has already worked out for me.

Ooooohhhhh!!!! My informed delivery has a Disney check in it!!

Back when the first closed park refund was offered I responded right away and requested a refund for the closing. Since I had done an Undercover Tourist upgrade and put the rest on a gift card, I was told it would probably be a check.

Can't wait to see how much, not because I need the cash but because I already had a great deal out of my Annual Pass - Nov, Jan, and Feb trips - plus it will cover Nov 2020 if I go then. I believe I calculated the actual (gold dvc) pass cost me $650-$675 - don't have that piece of paper handy, so anything is just bonus money. I'm certainly not upset with Disney!

Plus, if I were to cancel Nov 2020 before the newest deadline for refunds, I 'could' get the remainder of my pass refunded also. I probably need to make a decision. I almost feel guilty getting any refund, because this has already worked out for me.
Oh I hope we see ours soon!

Oh I hope we see ours soon!

When did you ask for a refund? I asked very close to the first day when they posted the passholder line, no wait to get through, etc. I figured mine was messed up as a lot of people reported getting theirs before me - like maybe 2 weeks ago - plus the CM had said I'd get a call before they sent the refund. Well obviously that didn't happen as they were probably swamped.

Well dorky me went on my 'recents' to check when I called. It was May 26th and I was on for 16 minutes and 23 seconds.

I didn't cancel and they've already added 30 days to my pass. Plus, if I do want to cancel I got that email last week. Going to look closely at it - soon.

When did you ask for a refund? I asked very close to the first day when they posted the passholder line, no wait to get through, etc. I figured mine was messed up as a lot of people reported getting theirs before me - like maybe 2 weeks ago - plus the CM had said I'd get a call before they sent the refund. Well obviously that didn't happen as they were probably swamped.

Well dorky me went on my 'recents' to check when I called. It was May 26th and I was on for 16 minutes and 23 seconds.

I didn't cancel and they've already added 30 days to my pass. Plus, if I do want to cancel I got that email last week. Going to look closely at it - soon.
I’m not sure when it was because Dh did it over chat but I sent an email june 19. I’m not sure if he did the chat before then or after. We bought ours through Sam’s club so they told me to expect a check.

Thinking about refinancing. I''m 7 years into a 30-year fixed with a 3.5% rate. Can go to a 15-year at 2.625% which would increase my monthly payments by about $250. I hate decisions like this.

So I am 4 years into a 30 year fixed with a 3.5% rate and am very curious about switching to a 15 year myself....Where did you "look" to start this process? Any experts want to give some advice on here? I was also going to consider just making extra payments to finish early which I have been doing but figure that is leaving some money on the table.

I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure when they would add the 30 days. My pass was originally set to expire Oct 7 and I had a trip scheduled for Oct 17. Now it's an even longer trip because my postponed May trip was added on in Oct. If I am able to go in Oct, the extra 30 days would cover it, but at this point I may end up postponing again. Now my pass is good through the beginning of March. Wish I had a crystal ball!

I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure when they would add the 30 days. My pass was originally set to expire Oct 7 and I had a trip scheduled for Oct 17. Now it's an even longer trip because my postponed May trip was added on in Oct. If I am able to go in Oct, the extra 30 days would cover it, but at this point I may end up postponing again. Now my pass is good through the beginning of March. Wish I had a crystal ball!
I don't think taking just a refund of the time closed, and taking the extra 30 days is an option. I think you either cancel completely, and your pass expires Aug 12th, so you keep the closure extension and the extra 30 day extension.

I don't think taking just a refund of the time closed, and taking the extra 30 days is an option. I think you either cancel completely, and your pass expires Aug 12th, so you keep the closure extension and the extra 30 day extension.
Our passes were already expiring 8/7/20 and Disney extended us to 12/2/20 but we can't really go in the fall. Earliest we could feasibly get there again would be starting around 12/12/20. The extra month pushed us to 1/2/21 but with the dvc gold blackout, that didn't give us more than an extra 15 days or so, though now we could go mid-Dec if we wanted.

I'm considering taking this trip and then calling for a refund after we get back. My dd20 has a lot of friends down there and she is planning some long weekends in the fall so she'd keep her AP. DD17 wants to tag along once or twice so she'd keep her AP. So, it would be just dh, the boys and I getting refunds. I'm not entirely sure how Disney is figuring the refunds. Do you know how to get a rough estimate?

Our passes were already expiring 8/7/20 and Disney extended us to 12/2/20 but we can't really go in the fall. Earliest we could feasibly get there again would be starting around 12/12/20. The extra month pushed us to 1/2/21 but with the dvc gold blackout, that didn't give us more than an extra 15 days or so, though now we could go mid-Dec if we wanted.

I'm considering taking this trip and then calling for a refund after we get back. My dd20 has a lot of friends down there and she is planning some long weekends in the fall so she'd keep her AP. DD17 wants to tag along once or twice so she'd keep her AP. So, it would be just dh, the boys and I getting refunds. I'm not entirely sure how Disney is figuring the refunds. Do you know how to get a rough estimate?
No one has any idea how they are figuring, and they are not telling anyone. That is very frustrating! Just know you have to ask for the refund by 8/11 or the option will be gone.

Mine would have been good through April. But, I have some day passes and if I really want to hit the parks 'if' I go in January and February, I'll use a couple of those. In reality, if I don't go to parks, it doesn't really matter to me. Been there done that.

Florida is really my warm place in winter. That's why I want to be there, to get out of the winter chill.

In summer I like to go to the beach. It's usually a lot cooler. Right now it's 97 at my house. Too hot! Ocean City is 89 at the moment which is pretty hot for there also. But usually it's 10 degrees cooler at the beach.

Anyway, maybe I'll find another warm location for winter - we will see.

Time closed refund plus the 30 days is the option I have ended up with. The 30 days were not offered back in May when I called. But they have been added to my pass. The 117 days were never added. I think acting quickly may have paid off.

I still can cancel the rest of my pass and keep the pass active through August if I choose and be refunded again. At least that's what my email says.

Yes, the blackout would start 12/17 and go to 1/2/2021, if I remember correctly. So you would have parks up until 12/16, unless you upgraded to platinum if that's still allowed.

If my postman would hurry up and get here I could give you my number for my 117 days on DVC gold, while keeping my pass so far! Now, I'm pretty happy with whatever pennies I get.

Last edited:
Time closed refund plus the 30 days is the option I have ended up with. The 30 days were not offered back in May when I called. But they have been added to my pass. The 117 days were never added. I think acting quickly may have paid off.

I still can cancel the rest of my pass and keep the pass active through August if I choose and be refunded again. At least that's what my email says.
We didn’t receive any extra days on our pass or a refund yet

I called around the same time you had asking for a refund on the days closed and was also told they would call me prior to doing anything. Didn’t receive a call and our passes were extended the 117 days. Waited 2 hrs last Monday to cancel the passes, then on Wednesday they were extended the 30 days...so it will be interesting to see what our refund will be in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter