I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you with WDW APs, I just happened to see this on a different thread.

Sorry for the cut/paste... I didn't want the poster to think I was weird for quoting their post in a thread they have zero interest in.

That's... not good.

I have a largely unused DL AP and who knows what is going on with that...

For those of you with WDW APs, I just happened to see this on a different thread.

Sorry for the cut/paste... I didn't want the poster to think I was weird for quoting their post in a thread they have zero interest in.

That's... not good.

I have a largely unused DL AP and who knows what is going on with that...

View attachment 512093
I think her mother misunderstood the message. They wouldn't do that, the PR would be nightmare.

I know it's kind of a gamble waiting on the CPs, but it makes changes so much easier.

I can't decide what to do.
Leave here at 9:45am direct landing at 1:20 OR leave here at 6:45a change planes in HOU and get there at 12:10.
I like the extra hour since we'll head straight to parks, leaving earlier would help avoid any morning traffic, but we are not early morning people. And I really don't like the flight between HOU and AUS, it's really short and messes with my head.
I'm not a morning person either, so I'd sacrifice an hour to not leave so early.

I just got a change notice from SW. They just changed this flight 3 weeks ago.

I had 6:25p non-stop coming home. They moved us to 3:15p non-stop. I was able to get that switched to 6:45 with a plane change in DAL (coming home so delays are fine, it's a few hours drive if needed and I need park time that day). Now they've dropped that flight and we are on a 5:50p plane change in HOU.

For those of us that are travelling, it's getting harder and harder to get good flight times. I know they need to do this to save money. No flights out to AUS after 5:50 though?! It seems early to me. My spreadsheet is looking crazier and crazier.

I'm trying to change a Southwest flight and get the following message "Sorry, we found some errors...
  • We are unable to price the flight you selected. Please select a different flight or contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) for assistance."
I could change the return flight no problem, it's just the departure flight that's giving me problems. Any idea what's going on?

Found this on the r/churning Off Topic thread and was surprised to not see @SouthFayetteFan respond with his previous serenades I recall here.

I admit like OP I get the "churn, baby, churn" stuck in my head occasionally. I don't have a particular song but I will sometimes think of one off riffs if I've heard something catchy. Nothing comes to mind at the moment of course :laughing: But there's some good candidates in the responses!

I'm trying to change a Southwest flight and get the following message "Sorry, we found some errors...
  • We are unable to price the flight you selected. Please select a different flight or contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) for assistance."
I could change the return flight no problem, it's just the departure flight that's giving me problems. Any idea what's going on?
I had that problem the other day, I just kept trying and eventually it went through. I seemed to have better luck in either Opera or Firefox vs Chrome.

Call them and they will do it for you . it's painless. I had to do it that way off-n-on when there was a price drop in May and June.

Last edited:
I just posted a question on the MS thread on dischurners. Would love to have someone familiar with VGC and Serve take a look and see if what I posted makes sense. Thanks!

I think her mother misunderstood the message. They wouldn't do that, the PR would be nightmare.

Many many moons ago when I worked with tickets in the Before Times that is exactly how refunds worked. The computer would have calculated out that 17 days of use had no value remaining on the pass. So it's not an unheard of answer. But in the current times not sure what accommodations they are making. Glad it's not my job to decide how much people get, because how do you even do that? People calculate their own value for a pass in different ways. Some get their value from going twice a week, some get it from going twice a year but maxing the discounts. Obviously the computer thinks 17 days is "enough" but if you had planned another 7 day trip that now you aren't taking, that's not "enough" for you.

Many many moons ago when I worked with tickets in the Before Times that is exactly how refunds worked. The computer would have calculated out that 17 days of use had no value remaining on the pass. So it's not an unheard of answer. But in the current times not sure what accommodations they are making. Glad it's not my job to decide how much people get, because how do you even do that? People calculate their own value for a pass in different ways. Some get their value from going twice a week, some get it from going twice a year but maxing the discounts. Obviously the computer thinks 17 days is "enough" but if you had planned another 7 day trip that now you aren't taking, that's not "enough" for you.

Well, if my mail bothers itself to show up today, I'll get to see how this works. I started my pass Nov 6, 2019, while at Disney. I had arrived a couple of days prior but had a friend with no ticket, who had never been, had no idea what she was missing and was totally entranced just by the hotels. So didn't enter a park until the 6th - and I can't remember how many more days I did, but I know I enjoyed Flavor from Fire quite often! Probably every day or so for the next week or so, so maybe 5-6 days of entry. Then January I did 3 or 4 days and February I was on an 11 day trip but spent a lot of time not in the parks but visiting and staying for several nights at Neice's house in Reunion with older brother who doesn't do parks. So maybe entered the parks 5-6 times? So that would put me at using 13-16 days over the 3 trips. Which low end sure as shooting covers what I would have spent with individual park hoppers each time!

I'm okay with a small refund. Not going to gnash my teeth and call out Disney. However a bigger one would obviously be better! It would go right back to Disney anyway as I'm not a once and done as far as going to Disney. Things will get better!

Now, today's informed delivery has a couple of credit card statements and I'm expecting them to have annual fees added to them - that's sure to get delivered! But it will be late evening before I get the mail and today I have other things to do so won't be obsessed with posting every 5 minutes.

Used my Rose Gold in Bethany Beach at the Blue Crab because it was on the small business list. No $5 immediately but it showed up this morning, 22 days later. I hadn't called because I figured I'd get 10 $5 somewhere by September, but nice that it finally arrived.

Agreed. DH said he'd rather leave home earlier and deal with traffic to get to the airport for 9:45 than to fly at 6:45. Add in possibility of delay and we'll stick with what we have.

Next decision, Shades of Green or Contemporary. As much as I want to stay at Contemporary, I think I'll save the $$ and stick with Shades and rent a car which still leaves me saving $400. Then I need to decide on a park for my leaving day. Currently AK, but we've decided we can skip it next trip. I'd like to pick up Epcot, but I think the crew would prefer DHS.

If they had any clue how much I put into planning these trips...
Strike all that. They just moved us to a 1:25 flight that doesn't get there until 6:50. Nope, that's taking too much of my park day. Moving us to the 6:45 after all. There are now no direct flights AUS to MCO.

I was just reading this morning about airline bailout.

---
Back in April, airlines got $25B in bailouts from the US government so they could continue paying their hundreds of thousands of employees. Under the terms, airlines can't make any layoffs or job cuts until September 30th. The hope was that the funds would be enough to tide airlines over until October, when travel was expected to pick up again. Reality check: it's still bad.

• While travel has ticked up since mid-April — when airlines had 96% fewer US passengers than they had in April 2019 — it's still pretty abysmal.
  • On July 16th, the number of passengers passing through TSA was down 74% from normal times a year ago. COVID cases are surging again, so it doesn't seem like this will trend well.
Honestly just sad... With depressed travel demand and high expenses, US airlines are burning through their bailout bucks. Now tens of thousands of employees are fearfully waiting for October 1st, when the ban on job cuts expires:

• American warned 25K employees (almost 20% of its workforce) about potential cuts, citing an 80% drop in sales.
  • United told 36K employees (almost 40% of its workforce) that they could be furloughed.
  • Southwest, which has never had an involuntary furlough, told employees that cuts will happen unless passenger numbers 3X by the end of the year.
  • Delta, which took a $5.7B loss last quarter, might have to cut pilots' pay to avoid furloughs. CEO Ed Bastian called the pandemic's effect on the (formerly thriving) airline "truly staggering."

Well, if my mail bothers itself to show up today, I'll get to see how this works. I started my pass Nov 6, 2019, while at Disney.
If you have a check coming already, I assume you requested the partial refund before the parks reopened and your original expiration date is still in tact?

If you have a check coming already, I assume you requested the partial refund before the parks reopened and your original expiration date is still in tact?

Yes, I requested it May 26th, but they have already given me the 30 days moving me to Dec 6th end of pass from Nov 6th. This actually helps as I had checkout on Nov 7 and another night booked for Nov 9th with 2 nights off to go to Clearwater. So 'if' I go, I've got more pass options. And, it's not a priority to do parks - I'm more likely to saunter into Epcot, buy a snack at a F&W booth, look around and leave.

Editing to add: This reservation was made back in December at my 11 month window long before we were covid wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter