I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've been there 4 times and I love it! Let me qualify that I haven't been there this summer yet, but I did call them about the breakfast and they offer a bagged breakfast with hot sandwich and fruit/yoghurt and will make you coffee.

I'm booked there during my fridge delivery window, actually right before and have a free night tied into it at the category 4 rate of 15K. They are now a 20K hotel so I must use it or will have to use it elsewhere, as it won't work if I rebook it..

I like that it is a smaller hotel, has under the hotel ground level shaded parking, decent coffee and the people have been Disney quality or better always very nice. On my 3rd visit they upgraded me to ocean front and gave me a fruit and candy plate with drinks and a nice note thanking me for coming back.

I'll be there after I get my fridge delivered. There are plenty of points rooms available in August. Another family member will probably use my free night.

Have fun!
Thanks! I am currently exploring not that an upgrade guaranteed. Does it have 2 pools or 1? Is it on the front that faces the beach?

With apologies to @wendow, we ended up booking at Caribbean Beach Resort on their Dapper Day rate instead of at Pop Century. With the discounted room and the discounted park tickets, we are only paying $140 more overall. Robert is also a sucker for "island" style anything and we decided that the Banana Cabana will definitely be a place we will be spending time, particularly if we are exhausted from the parks. And, still on the Skyliner route!

We haven't been able to participate in a Dapper Day in awhile so I am excited we get to do this one! Although I was surprised to learn that there is no Expo in Florida. which is a bit of a bummer. We don't go all out dapper but sometimes it's fun to dress up a little :)

So we will have 6 park days- we will for sure start with MK on day 1, but I don't have an opinion about the rest of it. (And MK will be 2 days, but I don't know which other park to spend a second day in). I do want to eat at Be Our Guest since BATB is my favorite, but we are still looking into various other restaurants. I see there is (or at least used to be) a BBQ place over at Fort Wilderness but it's closed at the moment so I'm not sure if that will be back. It seemed to be as though it were similar to the Big Thunder BBQ at DL before they shut that down.

Anyway, lots more things to look at.

And IF they end up having Christmas parties, I may have to check that out also :)

With apologies to @wendow, we ended up booking at Caribbean Beach Resort on their Dapper Day rate instead of at Pop Century. With the discounted room and the discounted park tickets, we are only paying $140 more overall. Robert is also a sucker for "island" style anything and we decided that the Banana Cabana will definitely be a place we will be spending time, particularly if we are exhausted from the parks. And, still on the Skyliner route!

We haven't been able to participate in a Dapper Day in awhile so I am excited we get to do this one! Although I was surprised to learn that there is no Expo in Florida. which is a bit of a bummer. We don't go all out dapper but sometimes it's fun to dress up a little :)

So we will have 6 park days- we will for sure start with MK on day 1, but I don't have an opinion about the rest of it. (And MK will be 2 days, but I don't know which other park to spend a second day in). I do want to eat at Be Our Guest since BATB is my favorite, but we are still looking into various other restaurants. I see there is (or at least used to be) a BBQ place over at Fort Wilderness but it's closed at the moment so I'm not sure if that will be back. It seemed to be as though it were similar to the Big Thunder BBQ at DL before they shut that down.

Anyway, lots more things to look at.

And IF they end up having Christmas parties, I may have to check that out also :)
Oh please do not feel you have to apologize to me!! If you get a good rate and at a resort you are excited about, I am absolutely thrilled!! I'm so excited about your WDW trip! Can't wait to follow along :D

Thanks! I am currently exploring not that an upgrade guaranteed. Does it have 2 pools or 1? Is it on the front that faces the beach?

There are 2 pools, on the street side, one inside and one out - basic pools. They are second floor level. Most rooms are either oceanfront or partial ocean view, although some are listed as city view - I haven't been in any that didn't have ocean view.

I was able to switch 3 out of 5 nights to the Poly ( 7 month DVC window)for the trip I booked for my DD and her BF in February! I waitlisted the other 2 days - they are currently booked at AK ( one of our home resorts) She is so excited! The only obstacle for them is the 2 week quarantine. As long as that is lifted before then - they will go. I really hope they can go because I have points that will expire if we don’t end up going ourselves too.

Oh yay! I was wondering what you ended up deciding to do. Have a great trip!
You as well! Do you know if we can get our temperature checks at the resorts to avoid having to do it at the parks? They did this for us at Universal and it was a real time saver.

You as well! Do you know if we can get our temperature checks at the resorts to avoid having to do it at the parks? They did this for us at Universal and it was a real time saver.
I haven’t read if they’re doing that or not. It would definitely speed things up and make sense to go ahead and screen people before putting them in the transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter