I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge favor---could someone with a United cc log into their account and tell me what's the furthest day out you can see to book on their calendar?

Thanks much.

There were no bands. She would most likely fit right in. Housekeeping came through every day.
I agree. We stayed at the Hilton next door and what I love about Aruba is the freedom to walk up and down the beach or grab a bite or a drink at a different resort. It’s incredibly safe and clean. At the Hilton there were no wristbands the only thing was you needed your room key to use the restrooms by the pool. You’d be fine.

Decided to upgrade my SPG Personal to the Brilliant yesterday and today it is updated in my account/Samsung Pay. I figured I had already locked myself out taking the Marriott Personal upgrade offer in October so what's a few more months on that :P I'm sure I will find a good use for those Marriott points... Might use the $300 credit at the Dolphin on a F&G trip or there's a Marriott down the street that I might get a gift card at, then use it for my grandpa to stay at that Marriott to visit again this summer.

I was having issues trying to apply to the Marriott bonvoy AmEx yesterday but finally sent in an application via the referral I sent to his email. I know the last page I got "we received your application" and there was something underneath it asking if I wanted to add more "business" employees names for extra cards. What's strange is there is no email to him saying they received his application or it is reviewing it etc. The website was having issues, so I am hoping the application was really received and yesterday was the last day to apply without paying the $125 annual fee. Has this ever happened to anyone who has applied to this card?

when i went for the Rose Gold card, it sorta did that before it actually told me i was approved... not sure if that will even help your case though haha. I think at this point, maybe calling in and asking whats going on would be the best thing to do.

also, RIP WOW Air.

2/28/2020

I think it is February 28, 2020

Thank you very much :-)

I can only see through Feb 26 for award flights. That means the J seats are being snapped up 2 days before I theoretically could book, correct?

I guess reluctant P2 is going to have to get a United card sooner than later. I need to watch flights before I book in October/November for next fall.

Is there any way to extend the expiration date of Hilton free night certificates? DH and I each earned 2 last year for signing up for the HHonors credit cards and meeting the $15,000 spend threshold. I'll earn another one for upgrading to the Aspire today. That's 5 certificates to almost any Hilton property! The problem: DH has military training this summer, we had already booked a week with friends in July with our Wyndham timeshare, and we farm. The certificates all expire sometime between September-November. With planting season, DH's weekend duty commitments, his summer annual training, and our July trip, we have no time to getaway! Right now I have one certificate booked for a night in St. Louis (out-of-pocket is about $200). We have one night booked in Colorado Springs for an additional night on our way home from Steamboat. I am just sick over "wasting" 5 nights in almost any Hilton!
(To be clear, I will not let these nights go to waste. I'm just lamenting that we could be staying at amazing properties, and we'll probably never have 5 free certificates all at the same time ever again!)
I feel like if you call them & explain the situation, they might help you out. Unlike PITA """BONVOY""" :furious::furious::furious: they accommodated us when we needed to change trip dates & did not charge us the difference in points - which was very nice of them as the redemption rate had gone up something like 200K per night :scared:

Question on Amex business cards. I have the SPG biz card and I just received the Amex Hilton biz. The card did not show up in my existing online account. Is there a way to add it under the same login or should I set up a separate online account?

Question on Amex business cards. I have the SPG biz card and I just received the Amex Hilton biz. The card did not show up in my existing online account. Is there a way to add it under the same login or should I set up a separate online account?

typically, when u sign up for a login for your new card, it asked if u want to add it to an existing account.
however, if it fails to do so, u would need to create a 2nd login and then speak with chat to merge ur accounts together.

theres no benefit currently having 2 different logins though. at least, none that i know of.

it would freeze your accounts... not close them though. have u tried calling them?

Yeah, I spent over an hour on the phone with various reps who just said that because he didn’t follow the card member agreement on one of his cards it has been canceled. I asked what card did he violate the card member agreement on and what specifically was violated and they couldn’t tell me. Just kept transferring me around. I got fed up and just filed the CFPB complaint.

Also, am I the only one here who watches all the messed up and, um vulgar, shows? :rotfl2:I just finished binge watching Mindhunter. I'm rewatching The Wire for the third time. DH and I have been watching a ton of Veep in preparation for the new season to start Sunday. And I'm counting down the days to the final Game of Thrones season :sad:
Never seen Mindhunter or The Wire but I love GoT. Though... I spend a lot of time staring at the bottom-right corner of the TV because I can't look at violent, intensely medical or really vulgar scenes :lmao: That's what I do with GoT, Breaking Bad, even parts of Chicago Med etc. I like the story so I just look away & go with it :)

The worst thing about Breaking Bad was that I never knew when it was coming so I could be peacefully watching when suddenly the XXXXX on a turtle went by :scared1: Nightmares! GoT I can usually tell.

I don't watch a lot of shows. L&O: SVU, all the Chicago shows, I love a good Dateline/2020/48 Hours... & a few Japanese dramas but the majority of TV here is just not interesting to me. But, I was never really a TV person.

We did our GE interviews on Monday, yay, that's out of the way now. It was super fast, we had 1 appt at 2, 2 each at 2:15 and 2:30. We were out of there by 2:20.

Anyway, he said we need to make sure to use middle name when booking flights. I have 4 flights (x6 people) booked already not using middle names. Will that affect getting pre-check? Do I need to call Southwest and see if they can change the name or just add the KTN which I can do online and call it good?

I really do not want to call.
Try messaging them on Twitter. JetBlue, Delta & United all did this without me having to call them.

We did our GE interviews on Monday, yay, that's out of the way now. It was super fast, we had 1 appt at 2, 2 each at 2:15 and 2:30. We were out of there by 2:20.

Anyway, he said we need to make sure to use middle name when booking flights. I have 4 flights (x6 people) booked already not using middle names. Will that affect getting pre-check? Do I need to call Southwest and see if they can change the name or just add the KTN which I can do online and call it good?

I really do not want to call.

im assuming normally u are able to get through TSA with just first and last?
My mom had an issue with a - in her middle name and TSA gave her a huge hassle with it. The best practice we have learned is that whatever ID/passport you will use, make sure the name of the ticket/booking is the same exact.
As for changing the name, most airlines require u to cancel your ticket and rebook. Had a friend in one of the airlines say that ppl always call in and get all mad about that haha.

I had both of those on one login. They don't automatically show up with AMEX. When I activated the card it asked if I wanted to sign in with my existing login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest