I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the only one!!! While I love Golden Girls, the original 90210 (currently on Hulu!), the Office and Parks & Rec, I LOOOVE shows like House of Cards, Billions, Shameless, and of course - GOT. I'm so anxious/scared/nervous/excited for the final season. I read the books, and listen to podcasts about it - our neighbors and I are about to watch season 7 to prepare ourselves. We'll get together every Sunday for a watch party, and drink GOT wine, of course :)

Oh that sounds like fun. I'm also anxious/scared/nervous about the upcoming season.

Thanks! That's what I figured. Will have to fiddle around with it and see if I can find the one I want there but since it's for home I probably won't be able to. I may just have to be ok without the extra $40 back :sad: Not worth spending $50 more to start with just to save on it when it's not as good of a system.

We are actually struggling to find anything on that site that we want. They had our printer toner so I thought how perfect is this, then they stopped selling it. :sad2:

OMG YES! I would so make a redemption at either.

Don’t forget, Hyatt has the Carmel Highlands too.

The new hotels are a great addition, but I agree about the Hyatt there - I was looking at it and thinking about staying there for a few days when the smoke was awful here.

My husband has used cards in my name with no issue...the other thing I’ve done is order a “replacement” card due to the card being damaged...they have sent an exact duplicate of the card...so we each had a card to carry

I’m thinking about doing this! Do you think I should wait a bit before I request one?

Thank you! I took a deep breath and applied for my 1st business card. It's weird how applying can make me nervous. I had no intentions of applying for any business cards, but then the other day I thought hey I'm a notary and that can be a small business! Boom approved! Thanks for the reply.
I guess I should add Notary to my list of side gigs for a biz card haha! Congrats!!

We did our GE interviews on Monday, yay, that's out of the way now. It was super fast, we had 1 appt at 2, 2 each at 2:15 and 2:30. We were out of there by 2:20.

Anyway, he said we need to make sure to use middle name when booking flights. I have 4 flights (x6 people) booked already not using middle names. Will that affect getting pre-check? Do I need to call Southwest and see if they can change the name or just add the KTN which I can do online and call it good?

I really do not want to call.
I wonder why on the middle name. I don’t use it on any of our flight reservations and haven’t had any problems.

I’m thinking about doing this! Do you think I should wait a bit before I request one?

My husband just adds my cards into his Apple wallet if he needs to put spend on it in person. Just another idea that may or may not work for you. I did the same with his cards when working on an MSR - it doesn't work everywhere but I was able to use it quite a bit.

The easiest thing to do is simply tell them you damaged your card. If you don’t want to lie, just take a knife to it and scratch it up a little (not the card reader) :D. Tell them to just send a replacement card and that they don’t change the number so you don’t have to change everything online. That works.

Also- to anyone who isn’t doing this already with your CSR: never have it for more than one year. Get the CSR, use the travel credit of $300, pay the $450, after the first year and second wave of AFs, use the $300 travel credit again and then downgrade the card within 45 days to get your full refund (used to be 60) of 2nd AF.
Then, if you have a P2 or another Chase UR card, PC that card to a CSR and rinse/repeat. You should constantly be PCing that card annually, but it’s worth keeping because of the 1.5:1 ratio and the unmatchable insurance. Plus, you’ll always get $600 for $450 ;)

@have2getaway

Thank you! Copying this to my phone!

Nope you’re not. Count me in for Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, House of Cards, Vikings, Outlander. Love the messed up and vulgar shows. I also love Gilmore Girls though. I think that makes me eclectic in my tastes:-)

My DH and I are the last Americans who have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones. Well, I've never seen a single episode of any of those shows mentioned, actually.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here trying to stay strong to get under 5/24 but man I just don't know if that is smart or the right decision. Someone talk me down. I want a new card!

Oops. I’ve been looking all over the place and ended up in Nassau lol. My bad. The Hyatt Regency in Aruba looks amazing though. Definitely going to look into it. Thanks!

We had a few nights at the Hyatt Regency Aruba last March. It is beautiful!!! If you go... you might want to look into renting the palapas ahead of time. You can do this online.

Not trying to be argumentative at all, but I just double checked my Southwest and United accounts. SW doesn't have my middle name but does have my KTN, and I always get pre-check. Likewise, my United account has just my middle initial (and my KTN), and I always get pre-check there too.

Weird. I am almsot certain I had some long complicated conversation about a middle name and the KTN with a United rep, but it's been several years so it could be I am misremembering.

Saw on OMATT that more luxury hotels are joining World of Hyatt. I'm looking forward to Ventana Big Sur. Had my eye on it for years (along with Post Ranch Inn), but can't bring myself to spend the $$$$$. Would be great for an anniversary (no kids!). Even if it ends up being category 8, would still be a good deal with URs transferred over. #ilovepoints

OMG! I need to get myself under 5/24!! I've always wanted to stay at Post Ranch Inn, but no way for $1000+/night!

My DH and I are the last Americans who have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones. Well, I've never seen a single episode of any of those shows mentioned, actually.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here trying to stay strong to get under 5/24 but man I just don't know if that is smart or the right decision. Someone talk me down. I want a new card!
DH and I can join you we haven’t either....

For anyone that's used the Dell credit on Amex, I think @Albort you got a tv? Did you do it through the website they say, dell.com/amex? Because if I go that route it'll cost me more than if I go through the regular site with the sale going on. I think it's because they are "business" computers instead. It's $50 more and a 7th gen instead of 8th gen intel. I want to make sure I'm better off going through the regular site. The sale ends today/tomorrow so I need to figure out if I'm going to buy now or wait.

i went through ebates link for more cashback.

We also are the last Americans who’ve not seen GoT (or any of the shows mentioned) either. I feel pretty clueless reading about all those shows :confused3 We like to watch TV but we don’t watch much and if we do, we binge on hgtv, food network or sports :)

Nope I’ve never seen game of thrones either. Don’t worry you’re not alone

We had a few nights at the Hyatt Regency Aruba last March. It is beautiful!!! If you go... you might want to look into renting the palapas ahead of time. You can do this online.
can I smuggle in a 3 year old? The rooms only sleep 4, of course.:sad2:

eta: I should be more specific...is it beach club level of security where they are checking bands at the pool or more like wilderness lodge level where she'd blend right in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter