I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH and I are the last Americans who have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones. Well, I've never seen a single episode of any of those shows mentioned, actually.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here trying to stay strong to get under 5/24 but man I just don't know if that is smart or the right decision. Someone talk me down. I want a new card!

I've never seen GoT either. And I'll add that I've never seen or read any of the Harry Potter stuff either. I've only seen the original 3 Star Wars when I was little and am still confused who's good/bad and I've only seen the first Captain America movie and that was only because 1. Chris Evans 2. Chris Evans 3. Nothing else on tv 4. Chris Evans. I have no desire to watch/read any of that stuff. But if you'd like to discuss the Pitch Perfect or High School Musical franchises I'm all game. I'm also looking forward to Jay and Silent Bob Rebooted, or whatever it's exactly called. They just wrapped filming.

No Game of Thrones for me either. DH did just see first season when it streamed for free. He has been bugging me to get HBO so he can continue watching.

Gilmore girls I have love/hate mostly hate lol. Rory and Lorelai are just sooooo annoying. Ughhh. I did watch them all about 2 years ago. Had no idea about the different writers. I watched Parenthood not long after and my brain had a hard time differentiating Lorelai/Sarah because they are the same annoying character. I kept getting storylines confused.

Question for anyone who uses AA miles for actual flights. Last year I was checking AA flights for a trip to Hawaii. I was able to find the flights I like with great times and lie flat seats for 67.5K miles each way (anytime). This year the same flights are 110K miles each way (anytime):eek:. Do these ever reduce in miles? Or is this just some type of crazy inflation for 2020?

I noticed the same thing when we were looking for flights to JFK and PHL for May. We gave up and just used our AA GCs for the one flight we needed. I have used AA in the past to fly 1st to Rome and London, but for that trip I booked a full year (or whatever their silly opening date is) in advance. And I still had issues getting the 3rd seat although I eventually was able to get it. I haven't had much luck lately.

I've never seen GoT either. And I'll add that I've never seen or read any of the Harry Potter stuff either. I've only seen the original 3 Star Wars when I was little and am still confused who's good/bad and I've only seen the first Captain America movie and that was only because 1. Chris Evans 2. Chris Evans 3. Nothing else on tv 4. Chris Evans. I have no desire to watch/read any of that stuff. But if you'd like to discuss the Pitch Perfect or High School Musical franchises I'm all game. I'm also looking forward to Jay and Silent Bob Rebooted, or whatever it's exactly called. They just wrapped filming.

Ha. I was going to add I’ve never seen Harry Potter or Star Wars either. I’ve probably sat in front of them so know some stuff, but never really watched. My kids are still mad at me about Harry Potter. I promised to watch them when we first went to Universal in 2010. When that didn’t happen I said I would watch the next time. Now it’s kind of a contest to see how long I can go and not watch.

OMG! I need to get myself under 5/24!! I've always wanted to stay at Post Ranch Inn, but no way for $1000+/night!

Oops, did I create some confusion by mentioning Post Ranch Inn? It's Ventana that's joining World of Hyatt as part of Alila Hotels. As far as I know, there's no way to stay at Post Ranch Inn on points. That would be my first choice too, but I'll "settle" for Ventana, lol.

We did lunch once at Sierra Mar, Post Ranch Inn's restaurant. The view was absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And we got to see a little of the property too without breaking the bank.

We also are the last Americans who’ve not seen GoT (or any of the shows mentioned) either. I feel pretty clueless reading about all those shows :confused3 We like to watch TV but we don’t watch much and if we do, we binge on hgtv, food network or sports :)

We're right there with you, HGTV, sports and Bravo (trashy Housewives is my kryptonite). Thats as vulgar as it gets here!!!

Love both HP and Star Wars. In addition to loving dark creepy and vulgar, I do also love Pitch Perfect and the HSM films. Yes again I am almost 50 and may or may not listen to HSM music in my car by myself.

Question for anyone who uses AA miles for actual flights. Last year I was checking AA flights for a trip to Hawaii. I was able to find the flights I like with great times and lie flat seats for 67.5K miles each way (anytime). This year the same flights are 110K miles each way (anytime):eek:. Do these ever reduce in miles? Or is this just some type of crazy inflation for 2020?

Are you looking as soon as the window opens for your dates? I booked AA award flights to Hawaii for Xmas week at 20k saver awards each way. But I noticed the saver awards were gone with a few days.

ETA: I only looked at economy though, since I have to get 4 tickets. Not sure if business was available.

Last edited:
Oops, did I create some confusion by mentioning Post Ranch Inn? It's Ventana that's joining World of Hyatt as part of Alila Hotels. As far as I know, there's no way to stay at Post Ranch Inn on points. That would be my first choice too, but I'll "settle" for Ventana, lol.

We did lunch once at Sierra Mar, Post Ranch Inn's restaurant. The view was absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And we got to see a little of the property too without breaking the bank.

Aw man, I got really excited there. I've really wanted to stay at Post Ranch Inn. I guess I'll settle for Ventana, if I ever get back under 5/24. But it is on the non-ocean side... lol

ETA: How was the food at Sierra Mar? I've been wanting to try their tasting menu for dinner.

My DH and I are the last Americans who have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones. Well, I've never seen a single episode of any of those shows mentioned, actually.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here trying to stay strong to get under 5/24 but man I just don't know if that is smart or the right decision. Someone talk me down. I want a new card!

OMG! I need to get myself under 5/24!! I've always wanted to stay at Post Ranch Inn, but no way for $1000+/night!

I am actively trying to go under 5/24 for the Hyatt card.

Is there any way to extend the expiration date of Hilton free night certificates? DH and I each earned 2 last year for signing up for the HHonors credit cards and meeting the $15,000 spend threshold. I'll earn another one for upgrading to the Aspire today. That's 5 certificates to almost any Hilton property! The problem: DH has military training this summer, we had already booked a week with friends in July with our Wyndham timeshare, and we farm. The certificates all expire sometime between September-November. With planting season, DH's weekend duty commitments, his summer annual training, and our July trip, we have no time to getaway! Right now I have one certificate booked for a night in St. Louis (out-of-pocket is about $200). We have one night booked in Colorado Springs for an additional night on our way home from Steamboat. I am just sick over "wasting" 5 nights in almost any Hilton!
(To be clear, I will not let these nights go to waste. I'm just lamenting that we could be staying at amazing properties, and we'll probably never have 5 free certificates all at the same time ever again!)

Aw man, I got really excited there. I've really wanted to stay at Post Ranch Inn. I guess I'll settle for Ventana, if I ever get back under 5/24. But it is on the non-ocean side... lol

ETA: How was the food at Sierra Mar? I've been wanting to try their tasting menu for dinner.

Aww, sorry!!

Food at Sierra Mar was good. It was some years ago, so I don't remember exactly what we ate, just that I was happy with everything. Oh, but that view - unforgettable. Would like to try dinner sometime, the sunset must be beautiful. Maybe when we go stay at Ventana on points. :scratchin

Same with Japan. I don't think I need a guide there. As for China, I have asthma, too. And I was fine last summer until we hit London, which isn't nearly as bad to China, not even close. So as much as I would love to go, I don't think it would be smart. My Mom was born in Shanghai (we are not Chinese) and when she was a child her family was on the last US transport ship out of the city before it fell to the communists. So I would love to see it on the one hand, but have very conflicted thoughts on going there. Her siblings have visited, but she never wanted to. Nonetheless it looks fascinating and I'd probably go if I wasn't worried about heath issues.!
My DH was on the last flight out of Vietnam before it fell and he has no desire to return. His stepdad (American GI) had him and his sisters speaking English 24-7 since Americans were not friendly as the end of the war and didn't grow up in a Vietnamese area in the States so he is pretty much lost his culture except for a few Vietnamese dishes he still eats.

Last edited:

I am with you on the shows, although DH does watch GOT. I am more of a Real Housewives of whatever, Below Deck, Food Network (as I watch Guy’s Grocey Games at 2 am), HGTV, say Yes to the Dress type.

Last edited:
can I smuggle in a 3 year old? The rooms only sleep 4, of course.:sad2:

eta: I should be more specific...is it beach club level of security where they are checking bands at the pool or more like wilderness lodge level where she'd blend right in?
There were no bands. She would most likely fit right in. Housekeeping came through every day.

I am with you on the shows, although DH does watch GOT. I am more of a Real Housewives of whatever, Below Deck, Food Network (as I watch Guy’s Grocey Games at 2 am), HGTV, say Yes to the Dress type.

Of all the shows everyone has mentioned here... I don't think I watch any of them. We are big fans of Grey's Anatomy, Station 19, Magnum PI, Hawaii 5-0. Plus sitcoms like Mom, Young Sheldon, Man With a Plan, The Neighborhood.

We do watch Barry on HBO which comes back this Sunday night! And DH loves Live PD.

I was having issues trying to apply to the Marriott bonvoy AmEx yesterday but finally sent in an application via the referral I sent to his email. I know the last page I got "we received your application" and there was something underneath it asking if I wanted to add more "business" employees names for extra cards. What's strange is there is no email to him saying they received his application or it is reviewing it etc. The website was having issues, so I am hoping the application was really received and yesterday was the last day to apply without paying the $125 annual fee. Has this ever happened to anyone who has applied to this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest