Hungry Are The Damned! 10/15/07-10/25/07 - COMPLETED W/LOTS OF PICS!!!

She cried b/c she couldn't have one, so I went and got her a sweet tea and she cried harder. They need a kids slushie stand! I think it all started when DH splashed her from the fountain in France, and then it took on a life of its own. Maybe a nice big cream puff for her this year while Mommy enjoys the grown up beverage! :thumbsup2

Tuesday night Jason and I attended another Cheese Class at Whole Foods. Come over and blog with us and read all about it! :thumbsup2

No pictures ... they don't like pictures at our Whole Foods for some reason. :confused3

Saturday night we're going back for one last class and then we're headed to dinner at the Melting Pot. I feel my pants tightening even as I type! :lmao:

Happy weekend everyone!

Jay and I are going to a trivia night tonight and then tomorrow night we've got another cheese tasting class and after that we're having dinner at the Melting Pot. :thumbsup2

Would you guys like a review of that? :confused3

Happy weekend everyone!

Jay and I are going to a trivia night tonight and then tomorrow night we've got another cheese tasting class and after that we're having dinner at the Melting Pot. :thumbsup2

Uh...yeah!

If it's food, and you are writing about it, I want to hear about it.

Besides, we don't have either of those establishments near here, so I'm always happy to hear about new things.

Happy weekend everyone!

Of course we do!!!!!:thumbsup2

Happy weekend everyone!

Yes!!! If you are writing it, I will read a review on McDonalds! :lmao:

Happy weekend everyone!

We love any reviews you wanna do for us! :goodvibes

Happy weekend everyone!

I love The Melting Pot! :love: Please post a review!

I love you guys! :grouphug: :flower3: :flower3:

Uh...yeah!

If it's food, and you are writing about it, I want to hear about it.

Besides, we don't have either of those establishments near here, so I'm always happy to hear about new things.

Of course we do!!!!!:thumbsup2

Yes!!! If you are writing it, I will read a review on McDonalds! :lmao:

We love any reviews you wanna do for us! :goodvibes

I love The Melting Pot! :love: Please post a review!

Trivia? Someone say 'trivia'? I am all over that. There is a restaurant near here that gives you free food if you win the trivia contest each night. Folks fight over having me sit at their table. I have no life so I read, a lot. :rotfl: I miss WWTBAM. I was working my way up to the cruise. :sad1:

Brenda, you do not happen to belong to an online trivia group that has an opening do ya?? Mine folded when the person running it passed away and my brain has been starving ever since.

Looking forward to hearing about the trivia. I am not allowed to eat food. :rotfl2:

SG/Linda

Hiya!
I'm looking forward to your MP review! I'm trying to talk my boss into taking us there for Xmas. That is the only way I would ever be able to afford it! SAD! It looks so yummy though.... and I love being involved in the food prep.. it's just the clean up I hate. :)

Can't wait for you to get me in the mood for a little cheese and greez dippin!

I have read your blog but it's not as easy for me to navigate as I am blog challenged. I couldn't sign up to post ... :confused: I'll try harder.

Melissa

Hiya Linda! :goodvibes

I've never joined an online trivia group ... too lazy! :rotfl2:

What can I tell you about our trivia night ... well, it was sponsored by a local high school, specifically to support their wrestling team. The only reason we went is the husband of a friend of mine is an assistant principal at this school and they were looking for people to fill up a table of eight for the night. And she knows that Jay and I are repositories of all kinds of useless information.

Sadly, the categories were not really what we expected based on some of the other trivia nights we've attended so Jay and I weren't as much help as we thought might be. They included natural & man-made disasters during the 1990s, STL sports history from the 1960s, Name that WWF celebrity (everyone at our table sucked at that one), name that tune from the 1970s, women in the 1980s, and some others that I don't remember. Our table finished 6th out of 32, which isn't bad ... but Jay and I actually prefer more traditional useless trivia - history, literature, science, etc. since we're better at that. ;)

It was still fun, though. :thumbsup2

Trivia? Someone say 'trivia'? I am all over that. There is a restaurant near here that gives you free food if you win the trivia contest each night. Folks fight over having me sit at their table. I have no life so I read, a lot. :rotfl: I miss WWTBAM. I was working my way up to the cruise. :sad1:

Brenda, you do not happen to belong to an online trivia group that has an opening do ya?? Mine folded when the person running it passed away and my brain has been starving ever since.

Looking forward to hearing about the trivia. I am not allowed to eat food. :rotfl2:

SG/Linda

Hey Melissa! :goodvibes

It was a yummy evening but I think I had too much to drink and I'm getting one of those obnoxious summer colds ... yesterday I had the wheezy bronchial cough and today everything is all congested and rather painful. Ah well, we all suffer for our art, right? ;) :lmao:

I'll let everyone know here once the review is finished. Our department did a holiday dinner at MP a few years ago - it was really a lot of fun and they have a group menu you can choose from in advance of your meal with group pricing. You should talk to someone at your local MP and get the numbers in advance and then sell your boss on it ... it might end up being less than you think!

As for the blog, I know it's not always the most user friendly format but it's free. I'm sorry it's been giving you trouble ... does it help at all to know that it gives me trouble sometimes too? :laughing:

Hiya!
I'm looking forward to your MP review! I'm trying to talk my boss into taking us there for Xmas. That is the only way I would ever be able to afford it! SAD! It looks so yummy though.... and I love being involved in the food prep.. it's just the clean up I hate. :)

Can't wait for you to get me in the mood for a little cheese and greez dippin!

I have read your blog but it's not as easy for me to navigate as I am blog challenged. I couldn't sign up to post ... :confused: I'll try harder.

Melissa

No pictures ... they don't like pictures at our Whole Foods for some reason. :confused3
It's probably a grocery store thing, since we aren't allowed to take pictures inside the store without managment permission. Even employees aren't allowed to take pics while at work.

I would love to hear about the Melting Pot, I have always wanted to eat there.

Brenda, I am sorry that they chose such categories for your big trivia night. It goes to what I always say, on any given night it was possible for most anyone to win at WWTBAM. It is more in the questions than the answers.

The disasters I might have gotten but I am with you with the area of my expertise. That is what we get for being so "edumacated". BTW, I have a DIS friend who would have known and the wrestlers and even I once sort of worked for Dick the Bruiser. :lmao:

I sometimes drop by an on line trivia place where you can find a game 24/7 but it is not the same as playing with folks that you get to know on a one to one basis.

SG

Happy weekend everyone!

Of course! Is that fondue?

Sorry I couldn't answer earlier, I was at dh's family reunion yesterday with my head buried in a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken. :rotfl:

Come visit us and read about a little carpet picnic we had last weekend courtesy of those purveyors of culinary temptation ... Whole Foods! I even included something about that pretty pink alcohol that MickeyNicki told us all about!

I'm in the middle of the review of last night's cheese class and then I'll start working on the Melting Pot review ... still have to get the pictures uploaded. I even have a couple of pics from the cheese class this time! :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Sadly, the categories were not really what we expected based on some of the other trivia nights we've attended so Jay and I weren't as much help as we thought might be. They included natural & man-made disasters during the 1990s, STL sports history from the 1960s, Name that WWF celebrity (everyone at our table sucked at that one), name that tune from the 1970s, women in the 1980s, and some others that I don't remember. Our table finished 6th out of 32, which isn't bad ... but Jay and I actually prefer more traditional useless trivia - history, literature, science, etc. since we're better at that. ;)

It was still fun, though. :thumbsup2

DH and I are also repositories of useless information. Between the two of us, we won his company their trivia night trophy last Fall. If I didn't hate his co-workers, I would go back for more as I so love having a reason to know all of the useless junk!

Is it not interesting what sticks in our minds and what does not? No information is truly useless, just not needed at that moment. Makes educated guesses more educated too. :rotfl2:

SG

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter