Hungry Are The Damned! 10/15/07-10/25/07 - COMPLETED W/LOTS OF PICS!!!

Thanks for the :thumbsup2 Honeybee! If it makes you feel any better we traded PFTS for dinner at Victoria and Albert's ... we thought it would be nice to try the dining room on our own since the last time we ate in the dining room my parents were with us and while it was nice it wasn't romantic.

I think I'm going to ask the Harpist to play Send in the Clowns. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to reading your next set of reviews once you get back - have a fabulous trip!!! :hug:

I was just teasing you about being jealous. We've put off V&A's for other splurges. One of these days, we'll bite the bullet. I wish you a tres romantic meal, just the two of you! :lovestruc I also hope there are some good F&W offerings for you this year. :goodvibes

I'm really excited about next week, but I'm also feeling a little flustered what with trying to tie-up loose ends, clean, pack, ya know, pre-vacation stress... Plus I have family visiting over the weekend and the new semester starts right when we get back. OY!

But it'll be all good once we check-in and I get a drink in my hand!

You must be determined to be nowhere near us that week! :rotfl2:

I'll PM you what I have scheduled so far.

Got your PM ... looking at calendar now ... PM coming your way as soon as I finish eating dinner. :thumbsup2

I was just teasing you about being jealous. We've put off V&A's for other splurges. One of these days, we'll bite the bullet. I wish you a tres romantic meal, just the two of you! :lovestruc I also hope there are some good F&W offerings for you this year. :goodvibes

I'm really excited about next week, but I'm also feeling a little flustered what with trying to tie-up loose ends, clean, pack, ya know, pre-vacation stress... Plus I have family visiting over the weekend and the new semester starts right when we get back. OY!

But it'll be all good once we check-in and I get a drink in my hand!

I know you were just pulling fun ... but I also know you guys have been talking about going to V&A for a while.

Have a good weekend and try not to stress too much ... it will ruin your digestion! :goodvibes

Hiya kids!

I updated the blog this evening with our final Vegas restaurant review: Aquaknox, a seafood restaurant located at the Venetian. It was tremendous!

Come visit us when you have time and thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Hiya kids!

I updated the blog this evening with our final Vegas restaurant review: Aquaknox, a seafood restaurant located at the Venetian. It was tremendous!

Come visit us when you have time and thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Heading right over!!

Hi Brenda! I just saw your October ADR line up and it all looks good to me! :thumbsup2 It's nice having a plan in place, isn't it? The waiting for F&W details to be released was really getting old. :headache: What time are you guys going to Blue Zoo for dinner? I told Lori I wanted to meet her that day - maybe we can all meet somewhere in the Boardwalk/Beach Club area and have a drink before your dinner reservation, depending on the timing, that is. PM me when you get a chance...

...off to read your latest blog review... :surfweb:

Hi Brenda! I just saw your October ADR line up and it all looks good to me! :thumbsup2 It's nice having a plan in place, isn't it? The waiting for F&W details to be released was really getting old. :headache: What time are you guys going to Blue Zoo for dinner? I told Lori I wanted to meet her that day - maybe we can all meet somewhere in the Boardwalk/Beach Club area and have a drink before your dinner reservation, depending on the timing, that is. PM me when you get a chance...

...off to read your latest blog review... :surfweb:

Hi Michelle! Thanks for taking a look at our October line-up ... I think we have a nice mix of new places and old favorites with plenty of room for feasting around the world showcase. And if we're lucky and there's still some special programming available for our trip dates maybe we can squeeze something else in. And if not ... well, that's not going to ruin our fun one iota!

Our dinner reservations at Blue Zoo are for 7PM - Jay and I are talking about going to Typhoon Lagoon that day so we'd be more than ready to meet up for a drink before dinner. Also ... were you and your DH still wanting to meet up on Tuesday? That's one of our dedicated Epcot days ... :thumbsup2

Hi Brenda, its been a while since I've checked in here to see how you're doing. I'm happy to hear that you'll be in WDW again in October, can't wait to read another of your Dining TRs!

DH and I will be at WDW for the Food & Wine Festival this year for the first time! After reading your reviews of the festival we just had to try it and visit those food booths:dance3: LOL! We'll be there from September 27 until October 3, on our own (no kids) :cool1: We'll be sorting our the details for our VR next April, and we have adrs booked at Narcoossees, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Kona Cafe and Boma. All these places are new to us and we can't wait!

Hi Brenda, its been a while since I've checked in here to see how you're doing. I'm happy to hear that you'll be in WDW again in October, can't wait to read another of your Dining TRs!

DH and I will be at WDW for the Food & Wine Festival this year for the first time! After reading your reviews of the festival we just had to try it and visit those food booths:dance3: LOL! We'll be there from September 27 until October 3, on our own (no kids) :cool1: We'll be sorting our the details for our VR next April, and we have adrs booked at Narcoossees, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Kona Cafe and Boma. All these places are new to us and we can't wait!

Hi CarolAnn! Yes, it's true ... Jay and I couldn't resist the allure of more F&W, so watch out Disney the insatiables will be back soon!! :lmao:

We're just going to miss you by a few days - we'll arrive on October 8th. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy everything the Festival has to offer. Be sure to come back and let the rest of us know what you think! :goodvibes

Does Bistro de Paris have a dress code? Is it the "business casual" dress code of all the Disney signatures that isn't really that dressy, and a nice top and capris would be fine? I really don't do dresses.

I'm suprised they served frog leg mousse there. That seems very upscale. I've actually had frog legs once before, and I didn't mind them at all. If I hadn't known what they were, I never would have guessed.

So with the amuse bouche is the meal actually seven courses?

The plate presentations are lovely.

I don't like cold foie gras either, though I don't think I've ever had it warm.

It does seem like it would be a long meal, though three hours for six/seven courses seems reasonable. I think I will get the earliest ADR possible for myself though.

Both of those fish courses look yummy, and thanks a lot, I now have Mellow Yellow stuck in my head. :laughing:

I hate mushrooms too. And it doesn't matter what kind of mushrooms they are, I don't like them. Button, ****take, portabello, chantarelle, oyster, etc, I don't like any of them.

That is so funny that you ended up with two cheese plates. At least that way you didn't have to share. ;)

That birthday dessert looks really good, and that dessert sampler looks wonderful. I'm so glad that it seems they always do a sampler for the tasting menu, because that will keep me from having to order every dessert. :cloud9:

That was a great review though, I think I'm definatly going to have to try it. With the cheese course, but without the wine, I'm just not a big wine drinker.

Their dress code is just like all the other signature restuarants ... business casual, so you'd be fine with what you described wearing. Since Bistro is inside the park I think they are a little more flexible with the dress code.

Lemme think .. amuse bouche ... two courses ... palette cleanser ... main course ... cheese ... dessert = 7 courses!!!

If you don't like mushrooms be smart and do what I didn't ... tell them! :laughing:

I hope you have a great time there if you do decide to try it! :goodvibes

:cool1:

Just bought our park tickets for October. I was going to wait a little longer, but I realized that Disney hasn't increased ticket prices in almost a year and then I started hearing internet whispers that they were going to be upping the prices this weekend. Sooooo, I ordered our park hoppers through AAA and should have them nice and early. :thumbsup2

:cool1:

Just bought our park tickets for October. I was going to wait a little longer, but I realized that Disney hasn't increased ticket prices in almost a year and then I started hearing internet whispers that they were going to be upping the prices this weekend. Sooooo, I ordered our park hoppers through AAA and should have them nice and early. :thumbsup2
I should probably really look into getting my AP this week, but I think I'm just going to wait and get it when I'm there, since I'm going to try and upgrade my hopper, since that'll cover a lot of the cost.

I'm suprised you and Jay don't get at least one of you an AP, since then you'd be able to get the DDE as well, I think it would be a worth while investment for you.

I should probably really look into getting my AP this week, but I think I'm just going to wait and get it when I'm there, since I'm going to try and upgrade my hopper, since that'll cover a lot of the cost.

I'm suprised you and Jay don't get at least one of you an AP, since then you'd be able to get the DDE as well, I think it would be a worth while investment for you.

We had annual passes last year that we bought through the vacation club and we got our DDE then. Since the APs didn't expire until this May we were able to renew the DDE for another year, so we'll still have that to use in October. Since we typically only get to WDW once a year it's hard to justify the cost of AP for us - last year was an anomaly since we went twice in six months.

I will miss the DDE next fall. :sad1:

We had annual passes last year that we bought through the vacation club and we got our DDE then. Since the APs didn't expire until this May we were able to renew the DDE for another year, so we'll still have that to use in October. Since we typically only get to WDW once a year it's hard to justify the cost of AP for us - last year was an anomaly since we went twice in six months.

I will miss the DDE next fall. :sad1:
You could always go at the end of Oct next year, and then the begining of Oct in 2010, and then just manage to get two trips out of one AP.

You could always go at the end of Oct next year, and then the begining of Oct in 2010, and then just manage to get two trips out of one AP.

We're playing with the dates a little bit so that is a possibility. I really liked your idea of just buying one so that we could still have the DDE - that's an idea that never crossed my mind. I guess I need to get outside of the box more often! :lmao:

Hey, Brenda, we added another night at Epcot, on the 14th. DH finally figured out that he would be paying out of pocket to eat out at the beach (hello!) so we're coming back early enough to eat at Tutto Italia and hang out in WS. He just can't quite grip the DDP, poor thing, just likes having all that food!

Hey, Brenda, we added another night at Epcot, on the 14th. DH finally figured out that he would be paying out of pocket to eat out at the beach (hello!) so we're coming back early enough to eat at Tutto Italia and hang out in WS. He just can't quite grip the DDP, poor thing, just likes having all that food!

Excellent!! :cool1: Looks like we'll have to meet you for a drink or a snack or something that won't shock ten years off your DD's life. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest