How would you do it.?

I hop from AK as well, but this is a place I consider a Lyft. The park to park buses can take forever, and Lyft is quick.

They can, though I am convinced that the AK bus loop exists within a spacetime anomoly. I once waited an hour for a bus there, but only 10 minutes passed on my watch! 🤣 It also may be the hottest place on Earth!

Also waitlist options may happen once we get into the 7 month window, but well see, id like to see multiple resorts, but not wanting to move too many times.
You can see multiple resorts without staying there. You can also book a DVC tour and they will drive you around in the van. If you do this mid-afternoon, they'll drop you back off wherever you were headed anyway. This is their job, you are considering buying. This is not a tricky thing to do or something.

I'd do 2-3 nights AK (SAVANNA or bust) and then try to get BW for the rest. This isn't impossible. Go to WL for a drink on arrival day if you don't have park tickets. Or meet DVC at RIV/VGF and have DVC take you to RIV/Poly/VGF/WL. If VGF is no longer in active sales, replace VGF with Poly. Easy to get to from TTC ferry from MK.

I'd try to make sure you have AK arrival. It's a magical thing to see animals from your balcony, and one of the reasons I bought DVC in the first place.

Technically I need to use all 150 points, or I'll just have to rent whatever's left over, so why not use them? ;)
How many nights is too short, & how many resorts are too many in 9 nights? (like 3 nights at 3 resorts?)
Does this itinerary sound too chaotic, or a good mix of resort stays? (I uploaded an attachment PDF & image not sure if people can see it)
https://dvctripplanner.com

Attachments

• DVC-Trip-Planner-Itinerary-01.pdf
    424.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DVC-Trip-WDW.JPG
    DVC-Trip-WDW.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I think it's a good overall plan, especially with adding in Epcot. My one piece of advice is to hop over to MK after one of your AK days to see Happily Ever After. It's a fantastic show and I wouldn't want you to miss it if the weather is bad on your MK day.

For your flight to FL, I would suggest doing the daytime flight and booking a single night at the airport Hyatt or a value resort. That way you don't waste the points or a lot of money on that first evening when you get there at 11.

Dining reservations are a lot more competitive at WDW, so make sure you have restaurants picked out and be online 60 days before your arrival date. Some that I recommend are Be Our Guest, Jungle Skipper Canteen, Hollywood Brown Derby, Chefs du France, Tiffins, Sanaa, Steakhouse 71, Homecomin, Wine Bar George, Trattoria al Forno, and Il Mulino. Not all of these obviously, but make at least 2 reservations for the week. Table service dining is a bigger part of Disney World trips than DL in my experience.

Avoid MK and Epcot on weekends. They are the most popular local and long-weekend parks.

Disney Springs is pleasant during the day and absolutely rammed at night.

Do some resort hopping on your park days, at least the monorail and Boardwalk areas. Riviera and Caribbean beach or the Port Orleans resorts are also beautiful.

Eat at Geyser point, either when you're at the resort or during an MK day.

I think it's a good overall plan, especially with adding in Epcot. My one piece of advice is to hop over to MK after one of your AK days to see Happily Ever After. It's a fantastic show and I wouldn't want you to miss it if the weather is bad on your MK day.
My plan keeps changing, for instance it looks like there will be no more park reservations by the time i go, so a lot of that concern wont matter, which will be nice, and also i think i actually have about 3 days at Epcot planned now. lol

*If the resorts are available.

Day 1 (Sat) - Travel, AKV
Day 2 (Sun) - AK, AKV
Day 3 (Mon) - AK, BW/BC (hop to Epcot for EEH)
Day 4 (Tues) - Epcot, BW/BC
Day 5 (Wed) - DHS, BW/BC (hop to MK for EEH, or swap DHS for MK today)
Day 6 (Thurs) - MK, BRV (could be swapped for DHS or Epcot)
Day 7 (Fri) - Epcot, BRV
Day 8 (Sat) - MK, BRV (or other park)
Day 9 (Sun) - Epcot, BRV (or other park)
Day 10 (Mon) - Travel, Home

8-Day Hopper (or 9-Day Hopper, in case I have time and want to get into a park on a travel day… doubtful?)

For your flight to FL, I would suggest doing the daytime flight and booking a single night at the airport Hyatt or a value resort. That way you don't waste the points or a lot of money on that first evening when you get there at 11.
Yes i've been wondering what to do about that, if i can get there earlier id love to, but i just don't think its possible unless i find a redeye... but then i start thinking well maybe a few days at Universal, but that doesn't really solve any problem, it kind of creates a new one. lol (which also leads me to think 3 nights at AKV might be better, but then its too many days in the AK area)

Dining reservations are a lot more competitive at WDW, so make sure you have restaurants picked out and be online 60 days before your arrival date. Some that I recommend are Be Our Guest, Jungle Skipper Canteen, Hollywood Brown Derby, Chefs du France, Tiffins, Sanaa, Steakhouse 71, Homecomin, Wine Bar George, Trattoria al Forno, and Il Mulino. Not all of these obviously, but make at least 2 reservations for the week. Table service dining is a bigger part of Disney World trips than DL in my experience.
Yep, i got it all on my calendar, just need to nail down which parks i'll be at, on whch days.

Avoid MK and Epcot on weekends. They are the most popular local and long-weekend parks.
Yes, i'll be trying to travel in n the weekend, but the 2nd weekend could be rough, but at least i will have a lay of the land by then.

Disney Springs is pleasant during the day and absolutely rammed at night.
So lunch at DS. *check, & noted*

Do some resort hopping on your park days, at least the monorail and Boardwalk areas. Riviera and Caribbean beach or the Port Orleans resorts are also beautiful.
I do plan on checking out as much as I can when I'm in each area, maybe for lunch instead of eating in the parks.

Eat at Geyser point, either when you're at the resort or during an MK day.
From what I've seen online it'll be where I'm at more often then my room. ;)

Great info, thanks.!!

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm scheduled for a solo from 1/12-1/21 split stay at 3 resorts. I'm happy about the reservation change right before my trip but I also know it'll make me more indecisive than I usually am! I'm doing an 8 day park hopper with arrival and departure days dedicated to DS and resort hopping. Though, I may do some more of that on a day where I also go to a park. Since my last trip was very recent and I got a laundry list done, I want to try to focus on all the little things I overlooked before. Eat at more restaurants this time too.

Another idea I had, because Epcot is my fav, was to try to spend the majority of a few days at one park and then finish the night out at Epcot depending on park hours etc.. I haven't really done open to close at one park without hopping so I may just see if my attention span can handle it. Overall, I want to just take it easy and check some boxes. I hope you also have a great time, it sound like you will!

Geyser Point as mentioned is awesome! But my fav is Territory Lounge.

I was thinking the same thing, now I'm not sure what to do about park res, or which park to go to each day. lol
I guess I'm just gonna have to feel it out, after my coffee each morning. 8-)

And i too am planning on spending a lot of time at Epcot, probably 3 full days, & possibly some hopping over on other days.

- - - Updated Itinerary - - -

Day 1 (Sat) - Travel, AKV
Day 2 (Sun) - AK, AKV
Day 3 (Mon) - AK, BW/BC (hop to Epcot for EEH)
Day 4 (Tues) - Epcot, BW/BC (hop to MK for EEH)
Day 5 (Wed) - MK/DHS/Epcot, BW/BC (hop to MK/Epcot for EEH)
Day 6 (Thurs) - MK/DHS/Epcot, BRV (or DS?)
Day 7 (Fri) - MK/DHS/Epcot, BRV (or DS?
Day 8 (Sat) - MK/DHS/Epcot, BRV (or DS?)
Day 9 (Sun) - MK/DHS/Epcot, BRV (or DS?)
Day 10 (Mon) - MK/DHS/Epcot, BRV (hop to Epcot for EEH)
Day 11 (Tues) - Travel, Home
7 Month window opens tonight, and I think I have it somewhat nailed down... We'll see how it pans out.
AKV for the first 2 nights, then BW/BC for 3 nights, then BRV for 5 nights.

The only issue will be the BW/BC for 3 nights in the middle of the trip that I will need to waitlist (& transfer/rent 5 points to be able to make), and if for some reason that waitlist doesn't come through, I'll need to have some sort of backup plan. What would be the best option in a pinch? (at 30 days out)

UPDATE

Got my waitlist for Boardwalk, so I have 2 nights at AKV, 3 nights at BWV, then 5 nights at BRV.
(also, nothing to do with this trip, but very excited to have a VGC contract headed to ROFR this week)

I think im going to either find a room outside the bubble for the night before AKV, so I don't waste a day, or I may find a redeye flight instead.

List of things to do & see. Based on YouTube videos & community suggestions. ( * = Must Do & some others are just suggestions that compelled me to write them down, even though I may not have much interest... such as I don't really eat breakfast too often. lol)

Magic Kingdom
⦁ Enchanted Tiki Room
⦁ *7D Mine Train
⦁ *Carousel of Progress
⦁ *People Mover
⦁ Speedway
⦁ Tron
⦁ Liberty Square River Boats
⦁ *Skippers Canteen
⦁ Laugh floor
⦁ Aloha Isle for Dole Whip & Egg Roll Cart
⦁ Pixie Dusting at Castle Couture, cheeseburger spring rolls from the cart in front of Adventureland, taking a Dole Whip float into Tiki Room mid afternoon to chill, Happily Ever After fireworks, Festival of Fantasy Parade.
⦁ Corn Dog nuggets from Casey’s Corner or Nutella Waffle from Sleepy Hollow or Dole Whips
⦁ Cheshire Cat tail
⦁ cinnamon rolls at Gaston’s tavern
⦁ get whatever the craziest topped hot dog Casey’s Corner is serving up at the moment.
⦁ Shooting range, cheeseburger spring roll cart
⦁ Railroad
⦁ Lobster roll from Columbia Harbour House. Eat upstairs by window
⦁ Jungle Cruise
⦁ Haunted Mansion
⦁ Pirates
⦁ Space Mountain
⦁ Pooh

Animal Kingdom
⦁ Animal Areas (Animal Trails, Encounters?)
⦁ Ride the train to conservation station
⦁ Wilderness Explorers activity booklet (still haven't finished it?)
⦁ *Expedition Everest
⦁ *Safari
⦁ Festival of the Lion King
⦁ Flame Tree BBQ
⦁ Yak & Yeti
⦁ Satu'li
⦁ Henna tattoo
⦁ Rafikis planet watch (train to get there)
⦁ Buffalo chicken chips at Trilo Bites
⦁ Nomad Lounge
⦁ Bird show in Asia and perch somewhere near the river in Asia to drink and people watch.
⦁ Frozen banana
⦁ Tusker House (breakfast)
⦁ Tree of Life and Pandora (at night)
⦁ Satouli Canteen
⦁ Bird show
⦁ Curry corn
⦁ Maharajah Jungle Trek
⦁ Restaurantosaurus
⦁ Avatar Flight of Passage
⦁ Na'vi River Journey
⦁ Dinosaur

Epcot
⦁ *Living with the Land
⦁ *Spaceship Earth
⦁ Awesome Planet
⦁ *GotG Cosmic Rewind
⦁ Remy's
⦁ *Test Track
⦁ Journey w/ Figment
⦁ Journey w/ Moana
⦁ Karamel Koochie
⦁ Shopping in Japan
⦁ Hummus fries in Morocco
⦁ Ice cream sandwich at L’Artisan des Glaces
⦁ Ducktales World Showcase Adventure
⦁ Melon water ice at Japan pavilion
⦁ The Seas Aquarium
⦁ Nine Dragons
⦁ Teppan Edo
⦁ Impressions de France
⦁ Connections
⦁ Space 220 Lounge
⦁ Via Napoli
⦁ American Adventure
⦁ Frozen
⦁ Mission Space

Hollywood
⦁ *Indy stunt show
⦁ Lightning McQueen Academy
⦁ *Rock n' Roller Coaster
⦁ Tower of Terror
⦁ One Man's Dream
⦁ *Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge (lounge is outside)
⦁ Tachos at Woody’s lunch box
⦁ Mickey’s of Hollywood for unique merch
⦁ Sci-fi Dine-in Theater where you eat in the cars and watch old movies/cartoons
⦁ Pull the rope at the well.
⦁ 50s Prime Time Cafe
⦁ Muppet Vision 3D
⦁ Backlot Express
⦁ Movie Magic
⦁ Runaway Railway
⦁ Fantasmic
⦁ Slinky
⦁ Star Tours

OTHER (DS, Resorts, etc)
⦁ *DS - Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar
⦁ Port Orleans French Quarter - Beignets
⦁ DS - The Godiva store
⦁ All Over - joffreys cold brew
⦁ BC - Beaches & Cream
⦁ AKL - Boma
⦁ BLT - CA Grill
⦁ Poly - Capt Cooks
⦁ WL - Geyser Point
⦁ DS - Gideon's
⦁ AKL - Jiko
⦁ *AKL - Sanaa Lounge
⦁ Poly - Kona Cafe vs Island?
⦁ Poly - Tambu Lounge
⦁ DS - Morimoto (Quick Service)
⦁ Poly - Ohana
⦁ OKW - Olivia's
⦁ BLT - Steakhouse 71 Lounge

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter