How unpopular is your car?

My mom has a Chevy HHR... Similar in looks to the PT cruiser. They seem to be used more for small/personal businesses, and you don't see many "plain" HHRs around.

2019 Toyota Sienna (not popular really)
2016 Ram Truck, very popular in this part of the country.

In the SF Bay Area suburbs (maybe you are from here as well?), Teslas are driven by nearly everyone in a family, including grandparents and house pets.
Yep - I'm in the South Bay. Both my husband and I have Teslas. He bought his and fell in love with it. I was not as convinced as I had a convertible Audi that I loved. After many discussions, I decided to take his advice and go for it. I really miss the convertible, but not as much as I love hitting the accelerator on my Tesla and feeling like I am taking off. Even better - I haven't been to a gas station is almost 2 years.

VERY popular-Toyota Camry in "Toyota" silver. Toyota must have gotten some super-cheap deal on the silver paint that year. Seems like there's one on every corner.
Wow, I have to go back many many years to try to think when I've last seen a Toyota Camry in silver. I've never seen a late model or newer silver. They are mostly very dark charcoal, dark blue, or white.

I love at the fringes of the Detroit suburbs and drive the last of the Big Three-made minivans, in what I can only guess was the most popular color (silver). My antenna topper and bumper stickers are essential to finding my car because there are a TON of them around.

I love at the fringes of the Detroit suburbs and drive the last of the Big Three-made minivans, in what I can only guess was the most popular color (silver). My antenna topper and bumper stickers are essential to finding my car because there are a TON of them around.

We just bought a new van 3 weeks ago and I need to order some window stickers so I can make sure I identify mine in the parking lot. I walked up to the wrong van tons with our old one and realized it wasn't mine because of my stickers.

I drive a Chevy Equinox. I have no idea if it’s a popular vehicle or not. I love mine and that’s all that matters🙂

My DH drives one of those in black and mine is a Chevy Cruz in silver and we both love ours as well.

Not popular at all, but do see a few around. Understandable as it's a 2005 SUV Suzuki XL7 4WD, but doesn't bother me in the least - has 109K miles, still looks new, I love it, never been in shop (dh does all maintenance), garaged, and tows 4 down behind our motor home.
Dh has asked when I want a new one for the last 10 years lol, and I tell him I'll let him know. Will never trade it in as it's worthless for that - but to me - priceless - can't beat that kind of reliability!! :) (Also not made in US anymore)

Last edited:
We just bought a new van 3 weeks ago and I need to order some window stickers so I can make sure I identify mine in the parking lot. I walked up to the wrong van tons with our old one and realized it wasn't mine because of my stickers.

Our across the street neighbor actually drives the exact same van as I do, and we are both in houses original to the neighborhood that don't have driveways so we both park in the street. I can't tell you how many times I had to catch myself because I started walking to her car, and she does the same with mine. To make matters worse, for a while we both also had the same WDW antenna topper! I ended up trading with my mom to have a different one (Mom drives a dark grey Fusion and has the same problem with her car).

My next car, if I have my way, is going to be a green pickup truck. I won't see *that* coming and going!

We are both essential workers so need four-wheel-drive all-wheel-drive so both of us have jeep grand Cherokee’s 2007 2017. I want to update mine to a Rubicon gladiator I just love that look

We are both essential workers so need four-wheel-drive all-wheel-drive so both of us have jeep grand Cherokee’s 2007 2017. I want to update mine to a Rubicon gladiator I just love that look
What does being an essential employee have to do with it? The liquor store clerk is/was considered an essential employee too :) but not sure that has much to do with the conversation

Apparently mine is not very popular at all in my area. I have owned my Chevy Bolt since mid March and I have yet to see another one when out and about.
I have owned a 2017 Chevy Bolt for almost 3 years. I love it. I see a couple others regularly around town. My DH has a 2015 Honda CRV which is absolutely everywhere!

2019 Honda Pilot in silver. There are only a million, give or take Honda pilots in Atlanta :)

What does being an essential employee have to do with it? The liquor store clerk is/was considered an essential employee too :) but not sure that has much to do with the conversation

Because if it is snowing here in the northeast I have to make the drive 22 miles to work - no choice. A liquor doesn't have to open in a blizzard, hurricane or nor'easter but we have to go to work no matter what.

Last edited:
Honda Pilot and there a millions of them out there. That is ok as we love the car and it is a godsend with all the crap we have take to and from our lake house. We have 1 Pilot, 2 Accords, 1 Civic, and 1 CRV in the immediate family. Our lake house driveway area looks like a Honda dealership most weekends if we all sow up as we do not have a garage there.

We are all on anywhere from our second to fifth Honda. We do drive them to at least 250k and usually more miles. We hate the car buying process so hold onto them for at least 10 if not 15 years. By 15 we usually are ready for something new even though the cars are still alive and kicking.

Because if it is sowing here in the northeast I have to make the drive 22 miles to work - no choice. A liquor doesn't have to open in a blizzard, hurricane or nor'easter but we have to go to work no matter what.
At least right now essential employee has really only been referred to whatever someone's state or local government has been deemed an essential employee as it relates to COVID which is why I brought up the liquor store employee. But if you're talking normally you think other people have a choice either? you think a place of business will just decide they will close because of weather? That is not at all the case in my area. I've actually never worked for a company who voluntarily closed due to weather. Well I did work for one that hadn't closed their doors in over 30 years for weather until one extremely bad record breaking just ridiculous system and they didn't voluntarily closed they were forced to.

The cars I see more of on the side of the road are those suv and trucks, oh sure sedans happen too of course but the suv and trucks well sometimes people think AWD or 4WD means they can still proceed like normal, black ice doesn't care, you may still not have traction, the cloverleaf interchange means you still have to proceed with caution and of course your roads have to actually be treated and plowed or in certain storms you could have a tank and that wouldn't matter lol. Sorry to be abrupt here just seemed off the "how unpopular is your car" topic. If you live in the northeast wouldn't that also be popular enough at least for people to want to be able to get around in the snow during a blizzard, hurricane or nor'easter? I guess only the people who think themselves as essential workers get the unpopular choice of 4WD like you maybe?

Either way I don't want to derail this thread really :) Enjoy the rest of your day :)

At least right now essential employee has really only been referred to whatever someone's state or local government has been deemed an essential employee as it relates to COVID which is why I brought up the liquor store employee. But if you're talking normally you think other people have a choice either? you think a place of business will just decide they will close because of weather? That is not at all the case in my area. I've actually never worked for a company who voluntarily closed due to weather. Well I did work for one that hadn't closed their doors in over 30 years for weather until one extremely bad record breaking just ridiculous system and they didn't voluntarily closed they were forced to.

The cars I see more of on the side of the road are those suv and trucks, oh sure sedans happen too of course but the suv and trucks well sometimes people think AWD or 4WD means they can still proceed like normal, black ice doesn't care, you may still not have traction, the cloverleaf interchange means you still have to proceed with caution and of course your roads have to actually be treated and plowed or in certain storms you could have a tank and that wouldn't matter lol. Sorry to be abrupt here just seemed off the "how unpopular is your car" topic. If you live in the northeast wouldn't that also be popular enough at least for people to want to be able to get around in the snow during a blizzard, hurricane or nor'easter? I guess only the people who think themselves as essential workers get the unpopular choice of 4WD like you maybe?

Either way I don't want to derail this thread really :) Enjoy the rest of your day :)

REALLY?! I don't work for a business I work in law enforcement & we don't get to close EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes businesses do close here when we get a couple feet of snow or get flooded. BTW thank you explaining AWD & 4WD my poor little brain couldn't comprehend how they work since I have only owned 4WD/AWD for years but thank you.

Can you tell me how black ice works cause golly never driven on that :crazy: :crazy2:

Because if it is snowing here in the northeast I have to make the drive 22 miles to work - no choice. A liquor doesn't have to open in a blizzard, hurricane or nor'easter but we have to go to work no matter what.
Every job is essential to the employee doing said job. My job is essential and if it's snowing here I still have to make the drive to work because I need to make a paycheck. I have to go to work no matter what.

I don't need to have 4WD/AWD for it though. My Mazda 3 with winter tires does just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter