How unpopular is your car?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Apparently mine is not very popular at all in my area. I have owned my Chevy Bolt since mid March and I have yet to see another one when out and about.

Well, I hate my Toyota Sienna (which we bought from a friend as they were moving to China. Temporarily, as it turned out), so there's that.

Subaru Outbacks are very common around here (as are Forresters), as the AWD is needed in winter, the roads are windy and hilly and poorly maintained. Mine has a manual transmission, which I assume is not the popular option.

My car is 10 years old and I am hoping to get a fully electric car to replace it in a few years. Several of the options I have researched are not available for sale in my state yet.

I have a Pathfinder and they aren't too common around here. I see them for sure, but not as much as some others.

I bought a Subaru Ascent this spring and now I see Subarus everywhere. I was laughing that within a 24 hour period, I saw at least one of every color of my car (red, blue, white, silver, black, tungsten) while driving the 6 miles to and from my kids' school for drop off and pick up.

I've got a popular model Toyota crossover. When they asked if I wanted all the bells and whistles, I said NO, I want it to have a horn, you forsaken doofus. They threw in the blinker fluid and demagnetized floor mats for free. Consumer 1, Car Dealer 0!

I have seen a few of them around but given that the last model year for my car was 17yrs ago....it's not heavily prevalent at least in my area. It was only made from 1998-2003. Mine is a 2002 ZX2 that I bought in 2005, at the end of this year I will have owned it for 15 years.

VERY popular-Toyota Camry in "Toyota" silver. Toyota must have gotten some super-cheap deal on the silver paint that year. Seems like there's one on every corner.

I guess in that sense pretty popular. But mine is fairly unique due to it's color.

View attachment 528231
I drive an electric green Nissan Qashqai. I have the first model year (2019 here) and it was the only vehicle of that colour on the road when I got it. Tons of makers have brought out a version of the colour in their 2020 line-up and now both my model and bright green vehicles in general are pretty common.

Depends on the audience and area. Jeep Wranglers are really popular with kids. I rented one when I was at Glacier National Park, and I hated it.

When I lived in the south, pick-up trucks were super popular. My work location was packed with F-150s. You also see their popularity in country music. Now, that I'm back west vehicles with off road capabilities (usually with lift kits and mods) are as popular as the Prius. However, it was impossible to find a Prius Prime in GA. Hybrids were really difficult to find in general there compared to other vehicles. They weren't popular at all, which makes sense when you see all of the pick-up trucks on the road. Meanwhile, finding a Prius here is as easy as finding a Jeep with a lift kit.

This is also super interesting.

https://news.stanford.edu/2017/11/28/neighborhoods-cars-indicate-political-leanings/

Last edited:
I’ve been driving Honda odyssey’s for 18 years, about once a year I get into a stranger’s.
My parents had a gold Buick century 2002. My mom got in the wrong car twice at Kroger and we rode her Mercilessly about it. Then one day I went to get in the wrong one at Kroger. I stopped teasing her after that. ☺️

I drive an electric green Nissan Qashqai. I have the first model year (2019 here) and it was the only vehicle of that colour on the road when I got it. Tons of makers have brought out a version of the colour in their 2020 line-up and now both my model and bright green vehicles in general are pretty common.
Ya there is a Mazda in town a similar color and there should be a twin somewhere as the local lot had one for awhile. Made me so mad when I saw it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter