How many school subjects did you fail?

Algebra 2 in high school. Got a D and F for semester grades. Retook it senior year and got As and Bs the entire time. The different teacher totally made the difference in learning the material.
What was the sequence? The sequence we had in my school district was algebra 1, geometry, math analysis (trig and precalculus), and calculus. One could petition to start early (algebra 1) in 8th grade. There were also a lot of permutations. One classmate was a recent immigrant who took two math classes at the same time. Somehow the school allowed it even without the prerequisites.

UC and CSU requirements were for the first three classes in the sequence.

1 in high school. It was Honors Geometry by less than a point and a half. I had told my counselor that I didn't think I could handle the honors class but was put in it anyway. The funny thing is the teacher told 3 girls in the class, including me that he didn't think we would pass the class during the first week of school. All of us failed. I tried to transfer to the regular class but my teacher was head of the math department and wouldn't approve it. The last quarter a friend tutored me during study hall and I brought my grade up to an 85% but it wasn't enough to pass for the year. The next year in the regular class I had at least 90% all year with a different teacher.

I failed a class in graduate school... the lowest passing grade was a B and I earned a B-. Luckily I got an A in another class, which made it so I didn't get kicked out of school. Grad school was rough. :(

I failed a half of semester English class in High School ( U know you are shocked, but as you could tell the stuff bores me), but my Sneior year, English got better you could take had semesters of many different subjects. So I took Speech, Novel and Mass Media, I had matured a little bit by then, and all 3 I liked so I went out with a bag, and 3 A.s

What was the sequence? The sequence we had in my school district was algebra 1, geometry, math analysis (trig and precalculus), and calculus. One could petition to start early (algebra 1) in 8th grade. There were also a lot of permutations. One classmate was a recent immigrant who took two math classes at the same time. Somehow the school allowed it even without the prerequisites.

UC and CSU requirements were for the first three classes in the sequence.

This was my school district's sequence 25+ years ago. Algebra 1 (9thgrade), Geometry (10th grade), Algebra 2 (11th grade, repeated in 12th). The goal was for students to get up through Algebra 2. Few that I knew went on for Calc and Trig. Usually only those identified as gifted/talented. Since I was going to start college in the Ca community college system there was no need to take additional math classes while in high school. I do recall a classmate having a complete melt down because her Algebra 2 grade (in 12th) was not high enough to remain eligible for CSU Long Beach.

None, but I skipped so much school my senior year they let me drop all but 2 classes since I still had enough credits to graduate with honors. Otherwise, I probably would have had some failures that year. Bad bad BAD senioritis.

None.

I did take one class in my 2nd year of grad school pass-fail, but that was because I realized the teacher sucked and I just stopped going to lectures halfway through the semester. I think I probably would have finished with a low B anyways.

1 in high school. It was Honors Geometry by less than a point and a half. I had told my counselor that I didn't think I could handle the honors class but was put in it anyway. The funny thing is the teacher told 3 girls in the class, including me that he didn't think we would pass the class during the first week of school. All of us failed. I tried to transfer to the regular class but my teacher was head of the math department and wouldn't approve it. The last quarter a friend tutored me during study hall and I brought my grade up to an 85% but it wasn't enough to pass for the year. The next year in the regular class I had at least 90% all year with a different teacher.

I remember a teacher who thought I should be reassigned to an honors history class, but that never happened. The o

It sounds different than what we had here. Honors was basically only for history or English classes where I went to school.
This was my school district's sequence 25+ years ago. Algebra 1 (9thgrade), Geometry (10th grade), Algebra 2 (11th grade, repeated in 12th). The goal was for students to get up through Algebra 2. Few that I knew went on for Calc and Trig. Usually only those identified as gifted/talented. Since I was going to start college in the Ca community college system there was no need to take additional math classes while in high school. I do recall a classmate having a complete melt down because her Algebra 2 grade (in 12th) was not high enough to remain eligible for CSU Long Beach.
OK - same as mine. I'll just correct that they required 4 years of math, although I had 5 with calculus. I passed the AP Calculus BC test and got 5.3 semester units out of that. I could have theoretically skipped the entire Math 1A/1B sequence (4 units each) in college. but there was still a 16 semester unit math requirement. A lot of my classmates had passed that test, but it was one of their weird things where they allowed us to retake the same material for credit in college. Some of my classmates in my college class were HS seniors from my old high school participating in the "accelerated program" where they were allowed to take one college class. The rumor was that anyone doing that was guaranteed admission as an undeclared student.

I dropped Trig because I knew I WOULD fail it. Funny thing is I spent a summer in summer school taking Geometry so I could take Trig my senior year.
I don't even know why I was in it! Maybe we had to take 4 years of math back then?

I don't even know why I was in it! Maybe we had to take 4 years of math back then?

There was always a difference between taking math classes required to graduate high school and taking math classes that would meet 4-year college admission requirements.

I had a little overlap through some weird placement quirks. I ended up in one science class that was mostly students not headed for college. It was a weird dynamic. I wouldn't say anyone made fun of me for being the geek in the class, but the teacher rather questioned why I wasn't taken out of the class. I think I might have been fairly well respected in the class.

Pretty sure, for me, it was a college prep thing. Then I meet my daughters' father, got knocked up and didn't even got to a four-year college.
There was always a difference between taking math classes required to graduate high school and taking math classes that would meet 4-year college admission requirements.

I had a little overlap through some weird placement quirks. I ended up in one science class that was mostly students not headed for college. It was a weird dynamic. I wouldn't say anyone made fun of me for being the geek in the class, but the teacher rather questioned why I wasn't taken out of the class. I think I might have been fairly well respected in the class.
I was college bound, maybe thats why. I ended up at the local junior college though so probably wasn't really necessary in the end.

None. I was in the top 25 students in my class, out of approximately 400. Math was my weak point though, and it was really hard to keep my grades up. The other classes came easy for me, but not math.

One semester of algebra. Didn‘t understand it at all and the teacher wouldn’t help you even if you asked him. He would just say “you missed the boat.” I switched to general math for the second semester. But failing algebra kept me from wearing the gold honors cord for graduation. I have always regretted that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter